New album is called Hope

Talk about Libera CD/DVD

Moderator: Moderators

TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Re: New album called Hope

Post by TullyBascombe »

Surely this CD/DVD will be released outside of Japan?
I wonder if "The Three Ravens" will be one of the songs on the DVD, I.e., the one where the boys dress in "medieval" robes?
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

I'm expecting the CD/DVD will start showing up on worldwide online sites soon and also iTunes. Hopefully there will be a few media/promo adventures when the UK release date draws near.

Update via Yuki on Twitter; 2 songs from the Japanese release will include 'Angel' and Mao Asada's 'Jupiter'. These have been previously released on the Universal Studio's CD but not outside of Japan. So maybe they will also feature on the international releases.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

I wonder when Libera will make a official announcement as well ?!

Angel and I Vow to thee (Jupiter) was on iTunes across the world which I assume means most people downloaded them. I wonder if that means "Home" will also be included on the album.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

So if we go with what we know we may know 4 tracks for the album already

Confirmed Jupiter and Angel

New song at the last concert Angele Dei and the song sheet we saw in December 3 ravens

And they average about 13/14 songs per album
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

New recording of San Damiano? I would like that.
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

What about the one they performed at the event in Poland?
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Yorkie wrote: <span title="Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:31 am">7 years ago</span> What about the one they performed at the event in Poland?
Ooh I had forgotten that song and makes sense it would also be on the album and also San Damanio to be fair.

So add 5 songs that we know with Total Praise And possibly even 6 with a new version of San D

So we have

Confirmed
Angel
Jupiter

More than likely
Total praise
Angele Dei
3 ravens

and maybe San D ( which has made a come back in concerts) after years and years of being absent.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

I wonder if there will be a self-titled song in the mix... but that's just pure guesswork. It doesn't always follow that the title of an album will also include a song of the same name.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
TimS_TheToolman

Post by TimS_TheToolman »

fan_de_LoK wrote: <span title="Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:03 am">7 years ago</span> Don't be disappointed Tim, that information about the Region 2 on the site is quite for sure a wrong information, something like an automatic comment that has no meaning.
I updated my previous message about that region code.

To go further, I just tested the previous CD/DVD released by Libera Records in Japan, it was 'Angel' in late 2015.
We can see on this page that the site again says the DVD of 'Angel' is region 2.
I put my issue of that DVD in my computer and checked which region code it has, using the tool 'DVDInfo'.
As it was guessable, that DVD 'Angel' is totally region free and so will be for sure the DVD of 'Hope' :)
Thanks Patrick, that is reassuring. I'll go ahead and reserve a CD/DVD. :D
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

fan_de_LoK wrote: <span title="Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:43 pm">7 years ago</span>Still about speculations for new songs, what about 'The Three Ravens' they recorded a couple of months ago ?
I would be very happy to hear it :)
But would that song to fit well in an 'Hope' themed CD ? The lyrics are perhaps a bit dark ?
I don’t think that really each single song of the CD has to work under the label „Hope“, so I "hope" for The Three Ravens to have made it! :wink:
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
alcesalcesobservator
Silver Member

Re: New album is called Hope

Post by alcesalcesobservator »

I'm so excited! I'm hoping for "Nearer My God, to Thee", as well as "Three Ravens".
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Libera have just said one of the videos they shot was called 'Smile'

I googled to see if any songs came up called Smile and the Nat King Cole would fit them

Lyrics
Smile though your heart is aching
Smile even though it's breaking
When there are clouds in the sky, you'll get by
If you smile through your fear and sorrow
Smile and maybe tomorrow
You'll see the sun come shining through for you

Light up your face with gladness
Hide every trace of sadness
Although a tear may be ever so near
That's the time you must keep on trying
Smile, what's the use of crying?
You'll find that life is still worthwhile
If you just smile

That's the time you must keep on trying
Smile, what's the use of crying?
You'll find that life is still worthwhile
If you just smile
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

Having seen pictures from the making of the two new videos I suspect that one of the songs on the new album will be "Wonderful World" or "America". Either would go well with the boys in nineteenth century rags and would go along with the theme of hope. I can't see those costumes going well with "Smile". Libera hasn't demonstrated a penchant for dark humor yet.

The "medieval" costumes would go well with "Agnus Dei" or "Three Ravens". "Agnus Dei" works well with a theme of hope.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

TullyBascombe wrote: <span title="Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:12 am">7 years ago</span> Having seen pictures from the making of the two new videos I suspect that one of the songs on the new album will be "Wonderful World" or "America". Either would go well with the boys in nineteenth century rags and would go along with the theme of hope. I can't see those costumes going well with "Smile". Libera hasn't demonstrated a penchant for dark humor yet.

The "medieval" costumes would go well with "Agnus Dei" or "Three Ravens". "Agnus Dei" works well with a theme of hope.
But we know that 'Smile' is the name of one of the videos they were filming. I think it is probably the boys dressed in 19th century clothing (very much like 'Wonderful World'). Can we guess who the soloist might be from the photos?
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Yorkie wrote: <span title="Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:29 am">7 years ago</span>
TullyBascombe wrote: <span title="Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:12 am">7 years ago</span> Having seen pictures from the making of the two new videos I suspect that one of the songs on the new album will be "Wonderful World" or "America". Either would go well with the boys in nineteenth century rags and would go along with the theme of hope. I can't see those costumes going well with "Smile". Libera hasn't demonstrated a penchant for dark humor yet.

But we know that 'Smile' is the name of one of the videos they were filming. I think it is probably the boys dressed in 19th century clothing (very much like 'Wonderful World'). Can we guess who the soloist might be from the photos?

Gregor for maybe one of the videos
and Libera wouldn't spend money on filming America or Wondeful world when they did that for the last album campaign