The Holiday EP (Santa Will Find You)

Talk about Libera CD/DVD

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
chris17
Moderator
Posts: 209
Joined: 6 years ago
Location: Northwest USA

Re: The Holiday EP (Santa Will Find You)

Post by chris17 » 1 year ago

I don't see the EP on Amazon (at least Amazon US), which is the other place I'd expect to maybe find it, so I'm not sure if there's another easy way to get the album besides iTunes. However, I'll attempt to help with iTunes, although I'm certainly not a tech expert.

The link Surpinto posted is to the iTunes website, but as far as I know, you can't buy it from the website. I could be wrong, but I believe you have to purchase through the actual iTunes program, which is not a website but rather (as you might guess) a program on your computer. If you currently have iTunes installed, great - try opening it up. Otherwise, you might have to download iTunes if you don't already have it. The home page that you're talking about seems to have a button that says "Download iTunes," which would be the place to start. It could potentially be confusing and I can't walk you through it easily, as I haven't done it for a while, but you might be able to find a tutorial online for that. (I'm sure other people have needed help downloading iTunes before. It's a pretty common program.)

The version of iTunes on my computer hasn't been updated for a while, so it is possible they've changed things. However, I'll explain how I would access the album on my computer and hopefully most of it hasn't changed. First, you have to get to the iTunes store. If there is a side bar on the left side of iTunes, look for something that says "iTunes store" and click it. If you don't see the side bar, go to the top and look for the menu bar, which says File, Edit, etc. (If you don't see the menu bar, you have to go to the little rectangle-shape in the very top left corner, click it, and click "Show menu bar.") From the menu bar, go to the dropdown menu for View, and click Show Sidebar. (I seem to remember this took me a while to figure out, which is why I'm explaining this part.)

After you've gotten to the iTunes store, try searching (in the searchbox, towards the upper right corner) for "Libera holiday." This should bring up the album.

I'm not sure if this will be helpful, but it seemed worthwhile to post in case it is. If you need more details I'd be happy to provide them. (I'm not great at any sort of advanced trouble-shooting, however.)

dani
Diamond Member
Posts: 3069
Joined: 9 years ago
Location: London

Re: The Holiday EP (Santa Will Find You)

Post by dani » 1 year ago

If you have iTunes installed this is the link as I just copied it from the page.

The Holiday EP by Libera


https://itun.es/gb/ZD43-

User avatar
Surpinto
Gold Member
Posts: 617
Joined: 3 years ago
Location: US
Contact:

Re: The Holiday EP (Santa Will Find You)

Post by Surpinto » 1 year ago

Steps:
  1. Download iTunes https://www.apple.com/itunes/download/
  2. Create an AppleID (username, password, and payment information just as with any other web merchant) .
    [thumbnail]http://s1.postimg.org/4357jjidr/step2.png[/thumbnail]
  3. Search "Santa Will Find You" in the upper right-hand corner and download.
    [thumbnail]http://s18.postimg.org/jf528ta3t/step3.png[/thumbnail]
  4. Either play the music through iTunes or search your computer for the music files if you want to play them using VLC or some other program. If you're using Windows they are in Music/ITunes Media/Music
If you're using a mobile device, such as a tablet, the steps are roughly the same only the interface is different.

User avatar
Robolib7
Member
Posts: 39
Joined: 2 years ago
Location: Western Canada

Re: The Holiday EP (Santa Will Find You)

Post by Robolib7 » 1 year ago

I usually prefer religious to secular Christmas music but I vaguely remember enjoying Mindy Smith singing "Santa Will Find You" several years ago. It's certainly not a well known song and I had completely forgotten it until I listened to a part of the Libera version this week.

As far as I know, no other artists have covered the song (until now!). Some of you are probably thinking that there is a good reason for that!

But I like it because it evokes memories of Christmas past with small children. Many of us who have traveled at Christmas with young children will remember their fear of whether Santa will find us if we aren’t at our house at Christmas?

I doubt that this song will get any shopping mall play but I could use a break from that insidious Mariah song!

User avatar
alcesalcesobservator
Silver Member
Posts: 391
Joined: 4 years ago

Re: The Holiday EP (Santa Will Find You)

Post by alcesalcesobservator » 1 year ago

Does anyone know if Libera will post the new EP to Spotify, as they did with America the Beautiful?

TullyBascombe
Platinum Member
Posts: 1347
Joined: 10 years ago

Re: The Holiday EP (Santa Will Find You)

Post by TullyBascombe » 1 year ago

Holy Cow! "Your password isn't complex enough, please make a more complex password" - but no list of the password requirements.
Oh, and I can't browse until I give iTunes my credit card information.

I don't think that iTunes is for me.

TullyBascombe
Platinum Member
Posts: 1347
Joined: 10 years ago

Re: The Holiday EP (Santa Will Find You)

Post by TullyBascombe » 1 year ago

OK, I finally did manage to preview the songs. Clicking on Surpinto's link brings the "New" page. Searching "The Holiday EP" or "Santa Will Find You" from that page brings up nothing related to Libera. Click on "iTunes Store" then searching the those titles finally results in the proper page.

User avatar
Surpinto
Gold Member
Posts: 617
Joined: 3 years ago
Location: US
Contact:

Re: The Holiday EP (Santa Will Find You)

Post by Surpinto » 1 year ago

TullyBascombe wrote:Holy Cow! "Your password isn't complex enough, please make a more complex password" - but no list of the password requirements.
Oh, and I can't browse until I give iTunes my credit card information.

I don't think that iTunes is for me.
I'm not sure why you're having these issues. You should be able to browse without creating an account, but if you're planning on buying the album (you are planning on it aren't you?) then you will need the credit card information anyhow.

iTunes password requirements can be accessed here https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201303

TullyBascombe
Platinum Member
Posts: 1347
Joined: 10 years ago

Re: The Holiday EP (Santa Will Find You)

Post by TullyBascombe » 1 year ago

Surpinto wrote:
TullyBascombe wrote:Holy Cow! "Your password isn't complex enough, please make a more complex password" - but no list of the password requirements.
Oh, and I can't browse until I give iTunes my credit card information.

I don't think that iTunes is for me.
I'm not sure why you're having these issues. You should be able to browse without creating an account, but if you're planning on buying the album (you are planning on it aren't you?) then you will need the credit card information anyhow.

iTunes password requirements can be accessed here https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201303
I did eventually figure out how to preview the songs.
iTunes is rejecting my attempts to form a new account because of my password even though my password is 8 characters and include a number, lower case letter, an upper case letter, no spaces and no repeated characters.

User avatar
Robolib7
Member
Posts: 39
Joined: 2 years ago
Location: Western Canada

Re: The Holiday EP (Santa Will Find You)

Post by Robolib7 » 1 year ago

Libera - Tenshi No Kureta Kiseki (Japanese Title) is available on amazon.ca but it is shipped from Japan and is priced at $35 CAN. This is about the same price that I paid for the Libera In America Blu-ray so I think I'll pass on buying it for now. I cannot see it yet on the U.S. Amazon site.

User avatar
Surpinto
Gold Member
Posts: 617
Joined: 3 years ago
Location: US
Contact:

Re: The Holiday EP (Santa Will Find You)

Post by Surpinto » 1 year ago

TullyBascombe wrote:
Surpinto wrote:
TullyBascombe wrote:Holy Cow! "Your password isn't complex enough, please make a more complex password" - but no list of the password requirements.
Oh, and I can't browse until I give iTunes my credit card information.

I don't think that iTunes is for me.
I'm not sure why you're having these issues. You should be able to browse without creating an account, but if you're planning on buying the album (you are planning on it aren't you?) then you will need the credit card information anyhow.

iTunes password requirements can be accessed here https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201303
I did eventually figure out how to preview the songs.
iTunes is rejecting my attempts to form a new account because of my password even though my password is 8 characters and include a number, lower case letter, an upper case letter, no spaces and no repeated characters.
Just play around with it until you figure it out. Try adding ### at the end or something.

User avatar
fan_de_LoK
Platinum Member
Posts: 1885
Joined: 8 years ago
Location: Paris

Re: The Holiday EP (Santa Will Find You)

Post by fan_de_LoK » 1 year ago

You can now buy the physical CD on the Libera US site libera.org.

The CD is accessible on the home page or directly here

The price is $7 per CD, with a -21% discout in case you buy 10 or more.

John Rexroad said on his twitter that it's an independent release, so it all goes to libera.

The CD can be sent worldwide.
The shipment calculation is well made with several options from the fastest to the cheapest.

The CD has a soft cover.
The number is said to be limited, so don't wait for too long to order yours if you are interested.

The songs on the CD are the same as we already know :
- Santa Will Find You
- Carol of the Bells
- Angels We Have Heard
- The Wexford Carol

The cover is the same too : Image

User avatar
Yorkie
Diamond Member
Posts: 4069
Joined: 8 years ago
Location: God's own county - Yorkshire

Re: The Holiday EP (Santa Will Find You)

Post by Yorkie » 1 year ago

fan_de_LoK wrote: The CD can be sent worldwide.
The shipment calculation is well made with several options from the fastest to the cheapest.
A lot of postage options but when the cheapest is 1.5 x the cost of the CD......

I certainly didn't fancy paying over $90 postage for a $7 CD!
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.


Mercy & Love

User avatar
Surpinto
Gold Member
Posts: 617
Joined: 3 years ago
Location: US
Contact:

Re: The Holiday EP (Santa Will Find You)

Post by Surpinto » 1 year ago

Thanks FDL. I will be putting my order in for sure. :D

TullyBascombe
Platinum Member
Posts: 1347
Joined: 10 years ago

Re: The Holiday EP (Santa Will Find You)

Post by TullyBascombe » 1 year ago

If the US Libera site offers the CD I'd hope that the UK site would follow suit.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest