Libera - Christmas in Ireland

Talk about Libera CD/DVD

Moderator: Moderators

JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Re: Libera - Christmas in Ireland

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Two very contrasting choices; Still has always been a favourite of mine, and that last verse really is something special, but does the lack of a solo (Ralph comes to mind) take something away?
Angels as the new factor and is quite an inspired arrangement, very lively and upbeat.
I may have to give this one some time...
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
chris17

Post by chris17 »

Lauren wrote:
john45 wrote:
Yorkie wrote:I've put out an sos on Twitter for the Gaudete question. I have also noticed that the intro to Carol of the Bells has been cut down dramatically from what was performed as the recording...
Definitely not Ben. I must have watched the recording a dozen times. Mathew J or Tom come to mind but I cannot tell you the answer for sure. I could call Mrs B and ask her to replay it, but, like Dani, she probably doesn't remember who is who. Perhaps it will be on the menu tonight.
It is Matthew Jansen singing the solo at the beginning also. :D
Thanks for the clarification! :)

As far as the new videos - I accidentally pressed the vote button for Still, but I think I would have picked it eventually anyway. I like Angels We Have Heard On High, but after listening to it a few times, it doesn't seem to be growing on me a lot. (Also, as far as the actual filming of that song goes - I wish they would have shown more of the part where all the boys are moving, instead of mostly filming the audience.) So I think between the two I'd go with Still, but I do miss having a solo for one of the verses. I think that added a lot to it on the last album.
Horticult2000

Post by Horticult2000 »

I tried to vote for the third round and got some Offerpops nonsense pop up on me that I had to agree on. That I will not do of course. Does that happen to everybody or is it just my computer playing tricks.
Johan
chris17

Post by chris17 »

Horticult2000 wrote:I tried to vote for the third round and got some Offerpops nonsense pop up on me that I had to agree on. That I will not do of course. Does that happen to everybody or is it just my computer playing tricks.
Johan
I don't think that happened to me. It did want me to put in my email address to receive more information about the CD/DVD, but that happened with the last two rounds also, so I'm guessing that's not the same thing that you're seeing.
Nikki178
Silver Member

Post by Nikki178 »

I just finished watching the DVD! I really really like it. :D I want to put it in my iPod but I cannot, for the life of me, figure out how to do it. Or maybe I can't... I think it's copy protected.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

I have to say the lighting on the DVD is excellent, very lush. Add to that the fine setting of the Cathedral and it is very atmospheric. Just wish there were less audience shots (or at least a few different ones)! Fortunately Lauren, Lexi & the ladies from Asia saved the day :D
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Final two vids of the vote off have been posted:

[BBvideo 425,350][/BBvideo]

[BBvideo 425,350][/BBvideo]

Mercy & Love
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Is the dvd now out as i have not even ordered it yet?
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

dani wrote:Is the dvd now out as i have not even ordered it yet?

Yep, it was released yesterday.

Mercy & Love
chris17

Post by chris17 »

I love Carol of the Bells! The song itself is great and the choreography was great as well. Definitely getting my vote this time around. That said - why was there an audience shot during Tom's solo? Also, I think they must have used a clip from earlier in the song right after Lucas's solo, because while he's still holding his last note you see him singing "hark how the bells..." with the others, which obviously he couldn't have been doing right then. So, some filming issues there, but Libera's performance itself was great.

I actually liked O Holy Night pretty well also, which was surprising. (It was okay on the last album but it's just not a song I like a lot.) Of course I wish it had a solo, but it still sounded good - also, the lighting/filming seemed pretty good on that one.

Also, US iTunes now has the full album, along with the two bonus songs, available for download. :D I was getting worried that they wouldn't have it.
john45
Gold Member

Post by john45 »

chris17 wrote: - why was there an audience shot during Tom's solo? A
Agree. It was disappointing that they did not show some of the soloist contributions - Dylan in Sanctus for example. Maybe the camera crew should have hired FDL as a consultant.
Overall though, a brilliant DVD, capturing the mood and atmosphere of the concert as well as the wonderful sound.

"Voca Me" was recorded as a separate item (with Christmas paraphernalia removed). Any ideas when we might see this?
Horticult2000

Post by Horticult2000 »

Both the cd and the dvd are very well produced. Especially the dvd is to be liked, it gives you so much more to see than when you are there in the concert. Especially from the high cameras. Also viewing the dvd I appreciated the lighting much more than during the concert. Being there you have your attention at the boys, not at the environment. I usually do not get much from the lighting, but on the dvd it really worked. One little critic might be there were too many close ups on the boys, I am not sure they are going to like that in a few years time.
Johan
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

chris17 wrote: That said - why was there an audience shot during Tom's solo?
That is unfortunate and I have had the exact same conversation with another fan. From my personal point of view there are far too many shots of the audience :oops:
john45 wrote:Overall though, a brilliant DVD, capturing the mood and atmosphere of the concert as well as the wonderful sound.
Yes very much in agreement. One question do you think the sound on the DVD and the CD is exactly the same? Hard to be sure because I use headphones to listen to the CD but I like the DVD sound better(a bit less reverb it seems to me). Not wanting to dump on the CD, I'm liking it, more a technical question about whether they would develop different audio tracks for each format. Also,surprised that there is no subtitle option for people who like to sing along...
john45 wrote:Voca Me" was recorded as a separate item (with Christmas paraphernalia removed). Any ideas when we might see this?
No idea but I think they will hold it back for a while to create a buzz when everything has died down from this release.

Mercy & Love
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

I despair sometimes...

My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

JimmyRiddle wrote:I despair sometimes...
I know, I know - it is amazing that some people are too stupid to understand how the world works. I may leave him a comment later.

I bet there is a 50/50 chance that on any given day he steps out of the house with his trousers on the wrong way round.....

Mercy & Love