Libera - Christmas in Ireland

Talk about Libera CD/DVD

Moderator: Moderators

Yorkie
Diamond Member

Re: Libera - Christmas in Ireland

Post by Yorkie »

john45 wrote:In a couple of instances, so close that any closer and you would be inspecting their tonsils. There was also a scary looking guy in the second row.
Indeed. I was sat between a couple of them...... :wink:
Last edited by Yorkie on Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Well, I wondered if it would ever see the light of day and we are in luck. Josh's appearance on PBS has been made available for us to see:

[BBvideo 425,350][/BBvideo]
Last edited by Yorkie on Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mercy & Love
YukiBOL

Post by YukiBOL »

Great to see this. Thank you. :D
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

thank you yorkie :)
jennaluvspbr
Gold Member

Post by jennaluvspbr »

YukiBOL wrote:Great to see this. Thank you. :D
i am so over joyd to see josh on youtube and its made my day and god bless the heart of this man josh and allof libera
kay
Silver Member

Post by kay »

Josh is a wonderful ambassador for Libera. But he is so modest, so down to earth.
One little comment, the fella said "maybe another DVD" I wonder?
I Listen To the Music Of Angels
jennaluvspbr
Gold Member

Post by jennaluvspbr »

kay wrote:Josh is a wonderful ambassador for Libera. But he is so modest, so down to earth.
One little comment, the fella said "maybe another DVD" I wonder?
I love it when josh smiles it make me so happy and yes he is down to earth hes amazing bright and cute
Horticult2000

Post by Horticult2000 »

Yorkie wrote:
JimmyRiddle wrote:Good news for WNED viewers, October does feel a bit early for this but that's just me. I think I'll be doing a cloak & dagger dance around the net to avoid all the unofficial sites which will have this concert in full and probably HD before I get the DVD in my hands!
And I was hoping you were going to say you had found a streaming site where we could watch it!!! I will of course be buying it anyway but if I had seen it I would probably be tempted to wait until St George's to buy direct from Libera rather than ordering from Amazon - that way more money goes to the group..........
Maybe you are not quite correct there Yorkie. I had the same idea, but asked Steven Philipp about it and he said: Buy it through Amazon. There may be two reasons for that, 1. Libera has no facilities, 2. If bought from Amazon they get extra comission apart from the normal share from the sale.
Johan
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Horticult2000 wrote:Maybe you are not quite correct there Yorkie. I had the same idea, but asked Steven Philipp about it and he said: Buy it through Amazon. There may be two reasons for that, 1. Libera has no facilities, 2. If bought from Amazon they get extra comission apart from the normal share from the sale.
Johan
Hi Johan,

The commission Libera makes via Amazon is negligible. Libera nearly always have some CD's and DVD's for sale at their UK concerts - at the 2011 St George's they were selling the first Christmas album - and they will make far more from those sales than they will via Amazon. I think Mr Philipp was probably meaning that they ad no capacity to run an online store but they certainly can and do sell stuff at their concerts and if they see a DVD for £15 I would think it would be at least £5 profit to them. I'd rather tey got my money than the tax evading scum bags at Amazon.

Mercy & Love
chris17

Post by chris17 »

I've just been thinking, I wonder if either of the songs that are on the DVD but not the CD (Exsultate, Once in Royal David's City) will be available on an iTunes edition of the album, which is the case with Ave Maria from the last DVD. (There are two versions of the last concert CD on iTunes, at least iTunes in the USA, and one includes Ave Maria.) Anyway, it's something to keep an eye on.
Horticult2000

Post by Horticult2000 »

Hi Johan,

The commission Libera makes via Amazon is negligible. Libera nearly always have some CD's and DVD's for sale at their UK concerts - at the 2011 St George's they were selling the first Christmas album - and they will make far more from those sales than they will via Amazon. I think Mr Philipp was probably meaning that they ad no capacity to run an online store but they certainly can and do sell stuff at their concerts and if they see a DVD for £15 I would think it would be at least £5 profit to them. I'd rather tey got my money than the tax evading scum bags at Amazon.[/quote]

Hi Yorkie,
Yes they probably sell also at the venue, I have no idea how they get them for that. Anyway there is a big time laps between 4 and 28 november, so I ordered some from Amazon, in order I have more time to sell some in this country for Christmas. I have already some orders. Profits are of course for Libera.
As for Amazon I do not know what you call negligible, but Trinity School in Croydon (you remember the school, of Stefan) has a similar contract with Amazon and I remember having read on their site they get 5 % of every sale. I suppose Libera gets the same.
Johan
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

You do not have to wait for the dvd to see the videos as they are doing a competition on facebook to find out which will be the most popular song and will revela 8 exclusive tracks

So round one is Away in a manger v Joy to the World

https://www.facebook.com/OfficialLibera ... 6&app_data

So you will get to see two videos every day until one is standing i assume
chris17

Post by chris17 »

Thanks for posting that Dani, it's awesome to get a preview of some of the songs! :D I voted for Joy to the World, but Away in a Manger is great as well (and it looks like it's winning at the moment). It was a tough choice. :) I hope they change the video title though - at the moment it's titled "Away in a Manager."
Sue
Silver Member

Post by Sue »

Voted for 'Away In A Manger' cause I heard and played the song 'Joy To The World' frequently..often...and it also was on their last christmas cd. Today - in the video - I heard Benjamin Fairman's singing voice for the first time & have to say that I like it.

For me it is always a very special moment when I hear one of the boys' singing voice for the first time, like in a solo. It's a very intensive feeling for me, really great!
At this point I want to say a big 'thank you' to the LIBERA-Crew for bringing this young voices to us all, out into the world!
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

I voted for "Away in a Manger" too. It was a tough choice, but I've never heard them sing "Away ..." before.