Libera - Christmas in Ireland

Talk about Libera CD/DVD

Moderator: Moderators

JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Re: Libera - Christmas in Ireland

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Yorkie wrote:And I was hoping you were going to say you had found a streaming site where we could watch it!!! I will of course be buying it anyway but if I had seen it I would probably be tempted to wait until St George's to buy direct from Libera rather than ordering from Amazon - that way more money goes to the group..........
Well I might find it but I wouldn't feel right about sharing it.... not whilst there is a window of commercial gain to be made for Libera's benefit. Mind you we're preaching to the converted on here most of us would want legitimately owned originals in our possession, just to bolster the sales figures if anything else. Can't vouch for those outside the 'couldn't care less' bracket though.

EMI Classics/Warner Classics/WMG/Erato have now officially listed the upcoming release of their respective artist http://www.emiclassics.com/release/3253 ... in-ireland ..interestingly for the month of October and not November.

P.S. on a side note, the Classical Brits are taking place tonight, but no involvement from Libera, sadly.
Last edited by JimmyRiddle on Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Libera wont get a say when U.S TV air it and so they must sell the rights and then its up to the broadcasters to air it when they see fit imo

And any promo is good promo i am sure about that. Lets hope it gets some good viewing figures as we will not get another dvd for 5 years if this flops :lol:
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Jimmy posted this and it states the 4th October ????

http://www.emiclassics.com/release/3253 ... in-ireland
john45
Gold Member

Post by john45 »

Out here in the boonies our local PBS station is from Presque Isle, Maine - but surprise,surprise (for me anyway) our cable HD carries WNED.
This is for Dani:
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

john45 wrote:Out here in the boonies our local PBS station is from Presque Isle, Maine - but surprise,surprise (for me anyway) our cable HD carries WNED.
This is for Dani:

cheers , i feel so much better now :mrgreen:
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

john45 wrote:Out here in the boonies our local PBS station is from Presque Isle, Maine - but surprise,surprise (for me anyway) our cable HD carries WNED.
This is for Dani:
You jammy git. I'm dead jealous right now I can tell you.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

dani wrote:Jimmy posted this and it states the 4th October ????

http://www.emiclassics.com/release/3253 ... in-ireland
Can't be right, can it? Seems way too early for a Christmas DVD but it would tie up with the PBS broadcast. Also confirms it will be footage taken from both evenings which makes sense given the cameras were placed differently on each night.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

I think it should be in the November releases, can't see it being available to buy on 4th Oct. Also what's to say in a few weeks a 'Blu-Ray' version won't appear listed on Amazon, HMV, etc... I'll be waiting a while before putting my order through.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

I'd think that if they were going to offer it in Blu-ray they would have done so right from the start. Once something is filmed in high definition I don't think it takes extra time and effort to print it in Blu-ray format if the equipment is available.
kay
Silver Member

Post by kay »

ordered our copy from Amazon UK
I Listen To the Music Of Angels
Karppoo

Post by Karppoo »

I just ordered 1 x cd and 3 x DVD (2 for me and one for my friend)!
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Amazon now displays the big sized image of the covers, front and back :)

Click to enlarge up to 1500 pixels :
Image  Image  Image  Image

Remind of the links :
DVD : Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.com
CD : Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.com
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Not very fond of the artwork, it won't stand out enough in a shopping display with other Christmas albums. It misses the overall Libera 'feel'.
Now, that won't stop me from adding it to my collection though (when I get the chance) :)
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
chris17

Post by chris17 »

Yeah, I'm not particularly impressed by the artwork either. I think it's fine to have a picture from the concert, but seems like it would be better if it were a more dramatic one, or maybe one with a closer shot of some of the boys. I'm not completely convinced that I like the font and green tint of the words "Christmas in Ireland" either.

I also hope they make the song titles on the back more consistent, either capitalizing everything but the prepositions in every title, or in none of them. Like Joy to the World, In dulci jubilo, God rest ye merry gentlemen - they should either make it Joy to the world, In dulci jubilo, and God rest ye merry gentlemen, or Joy to the World, In Dulci Jubilo, and God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen. I'd prefer it with everything capitalized, but even having them consistently uncapitalized would make it seem more professional. Hopefully it's not too late for them to notice that and change it.

I'm not trying to be overly critical here, I just hope they change a few things before it comes out, so maybe it'll get more positive attention. Of course I'm elated about the album coming out and I've pre-ordered it (CD and DVD) already. :)
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

I think it will stand out from a distance. Lots of vibrant and festive red, with the white robes filling the bottom half. Gold lettering for the title, very traditional festive colours, which is what I like. The display shelf is quickly losing it's market attraction as more people shop online and download digitally. Personally from my point of view, I don't have a DVD player except on my PC which provides the central hub for entertainment viewing which I can also send back to the large TV in the living room. My HD monitor is quite punishing to Standard DVD so the inclusion of an HD digital copy download registered to the DVD purchase would have been nice. I have a feeling the TV presentation will offer HD for those channels which output it.

These are minor niggles, I will be buying both CD&DVD and can't wait to watch the concert in full.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez