"Song of Life - A Collection" CD

Talk about Libera CD/DVD

Moderator: Moderators

Lauren
Silver Member

"Song of Life - A Collection" CD

Post by Lauren »

Just found a listing for a new CD called "Song of Life - A Collection" which will be released on October 22, 2012. :D

The BookButler listing is http://bit.ly/R6HmOF It is item #16 and will sell for £13.99.

Fan de LoK also found it on Amazon - http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0091JQH7Q#productPromotions

Due to the low price, this may be the same as or similar to the Japanese "Song of Life/Miracle of Life" CD. No picture is available yet.
http://www.mini-angels.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Re: "Song of Life - A Collection" CD

Post by TullyBascombe »

Hopefully we'll eventually be able to find out what songs are on it.
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Lauren wrote: Due to the low price, this may be the same as or similar to the Japanese "Song of Life/Miracle of Life" CD. No picture is available yet.
That's my guess too, which would be great because it will allow people outside of Japan to buy this music too, as many fans have been asking for.
In the meantime I am waiting for a new album... :)
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
kay
Silver Member

Post by kay »

Pre-Ordered ours using link from Mini Angels
I Listen To the Music Of Angels
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Update given by Kazuko on Twitter :

The cover of the CD "Song of Life - A Collection" is now shown on Amazon :)
(Click on image to have it in HD size, 1417 * 1417)

No information yet about tracks list but it should not be long ;)
Last edited by fan_de_LoK on Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

It's already up to 15th place in the classical vocal charts for Amazon. Very good to say we are still awaiting a tracklist. I like the cover, it's the first to feature a solitary libera boy who can be identified. The Free & Visions albums had the mystery hooded member. I expect this to be a CD mostly of previously released songs, but I will be keeping my fingers crossed for few new ones. Maybe the rumoured complete version of 'Benidictus Deus' will be included?
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

JimmyRiddle wrote:Maybe the rumoured complete version of 'Benidictus Deus' will be included?
Oh, nice thought ! :D I already forgot this announce from Mark McKenzie :oops:

He talks about the song being expanded, from 1:37 to 3:20.
What this can mean ? As he didn't used words like "rerecorded" or "redone", I assume they will only use the existing material. Quite a challenge, they have to add 1:43 to the existing 1:37, it's more than the double to add.

... Possibly they have some rushes from the original recording that they can use.

It would be a great pleasure to have that track on the CD, anyway I will buy it in all cases :mrgreen:
kay
Silver Member

Post by kay »

Collection or not this could be a very interesting release, thanks for the piucture of the cover and info.
I Listen To the Music Of Angels
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

fan_de_LoK wrote:
JimmyRiddle wrote:Maybe the rumoured complete version of 'Benidictus Deus' will be included?
Oh, nice thought ! :D I already forgot this announce from Mark McKenzie :oops:

He talks about the song being expanded, from 1:37 to 3:20.
What this can mean ? As he didn't used words like "rerecorded" or "redone", I assume they will only use the existing material. Quite a challenge, they have to add 1:43 to the existing 1:37, it's more than the double to add.

... Possibly they have some rushes from the original recording that they can use.

It would be a great pleasure to have that track on the CD, anyway I will buy it in all cases :mrgreen:
Surely what he means by that is that they originally recorded a version of Benidictus Deus that was 3:20 in length but what was released was a version that was edited down to 1:37 for the film/CD - so they don't need to rerecord or redo it as that is what it was in the first place.

Does that make sense or have I completely missed the point?
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Well, you may be right of course, but I would be surprised, the timing and the words used makes me understand that they don't had a full song recorded during the original studio session.

Mark McKenzie composed his music later than the movie was finished, as Mark McKenzie was the second musician to create the soundtrack for this film.
So he perfectly knew while creating it how long this song was intended to be sung for the movie, and I don't think he would have composed the music, lyrics, the orchestration, and made it recorded at double length than needed.

In addition, McKenzie wrote in April :
"Happy to announce that "Benedictus Deus" from "The Greatest Miracle" (El Gran Milgro) score is being expanded from 1:37 to 3:20 for a future release by the famed London Boys Choir LIBERA".
"Being expanded" means to me that there was work on it to make it longer, at moment of the message, April 2012.
The original recording was made in Winter 2010-2011, more than one year earlier. If a full song was recorded then, what would had been the need to "expand" it on April 2012 ?

I'm quite sure they don't had more than the original 1'39'' recording and some studio rushes, so the expanded song might be an interesting mixing of couplets repeated, music added a several parts, and so :)

If we continue in the hypothesis of Benedictus Deus being used on one of the coming CDs, being religiously oriented, wouldn't this song fits perfectly as the announced Bonus track for the "Ave Maria" new CD, more than on the "Song of life" ? :) (or it may be used on both :lol:)
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Yes, I'm kind of thinking expanded means 'added too'/'lengthened' retrospectively- I guess we'll know for sure if new soloist(s) are featured or it remains as (unconfirmed - but the majority of us concluded at the time) Stefan. If and when it does materialise I'll certainly be buying it.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

EMI Classics Catalogue facebook pages mentions this

"Released next month, a new compilation of songs of inspiration and devotion - Libera: Song of Life - A Collection" - Price on UK Amazon as increased to £18.31
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Thanks to Kazuyo and to Yuki on Tweeter for reporting it : the tracks list is now known :)

Here on Amazon UK :
  1. Salva me
  2. Be still my soul
  3. Tallis's Canon
  4. Sanctus (based on Canon by Pachelbel)
  5. Song of Life (Muramatsu)
  6. Ave Verum
  7. You were there (main theme from 'Nobody to watch over me' by Muramatsu)
  8. A Gaelic Blessing (Deep Peace) (Rutter)
  9. Voca me
10. Adoro te
11. Ave Virgo (based on theme from Clarinet Concerto by Mozart)
12. I am the day
13. How shall I sing that majesty
14. Abide with me
15. Gloria (based on Saint-Saens' Organ Symphony)
16. Panis Angelicus
17. I vow to thee, my country
A very nice songs selection, I love all of them :)
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

fan_de_LoK wrote:Thanks to Kazuyo and to Yuki on Tweeter for reporting it : the tracks list is now known :)

Here on Amazon UK :
  1. Salva me
  2. Be still my soul
  3. Tallis's Canon
  4. Sanctus (based on Canon by Pachelbel)
  5. Song of Life (Muramatsu)
  6. Ave Verum
  7. You were there (main theme from 'Nobody to watch over me' by Muramatsu)
  8. A Gaelic Blessing (Deep Peace) (Rutter)
  9. Voca me
10. Adoro te
11. Ave Virgo (based on theme from Clarinet Concerto by Mozart)
12. I am the day
13. How shall I sing that majesty
14. Abide with me
15. Gloria (based on Saint-Saens' Organ Symphony)
16. Panis Angelicus
17. I vow to thee, my country
A very nice songs selection, I love all of them :)

All good songs but for the majority of fans not worth buying when they are all on other albums released by the group. Just another EMI cash in with a nice new album cover but not worth spending £10 on :lol: :mrgreen:
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

dani wrote:not worth spending £10 on :lol: :mrgreen:
You don't know what is good :mrgreen: