New album ?

Talk about Libera CD/DVD

Moderator: Moderators

dani
Diamond Member

Re: New album ?

Post by dani »

They wont be new recordings. They will be the same old same old.
LuxVenit
Silver Member

Post by LuxVenit »

dani wrote:They wont be new recordings. They will be the same old same old.
Shh! I can always hope... You are probably right though. Two new albums in less than two years is just not realistic. Unless maybe they are gonna be live albums from the Japan/Singapore tour? Stay away from my wishing stars! :p

Like I said, one can always hope...
“My heart, which is so full to overflowing, has often been solaced and refreshed by music when sick and weary.” ― Martin Luther
symphonica7
Gold Member

Post by symphonica7 »

A new Album would be Amazing.....I was wishing for one last year actually. Then the Christmas Album came....but it's just not the same as an original release.......I'm dying to hear new Robert compositions! And it's really sad to think about some of the boys voices going to waste in the meantime; however, all these concerts and planning.......it'd be a miracle to find time to write music. You can write a song in an hour, but you can't write a masterpiece.....and that's what every Libera track is......
"The most powerful sound in music is silence..."
kay
Silver Member

Post by kay »

I dotn usually do this but I agree totally with the last few words Symphonica7 every track is indeed a masterpeice.
I Listen To the Music Of Angels
labbie

Post by labbie »

Libera really has been quite busy with tours, past and upcoming. As most people probably realize by now, they can only do a great part of their work when the boys have free time. With regard to a new album, it may be more realistic to expect one in 2013. That said, we all know that "good things come to those who wait", no matter how long the wait.
LuxVenit
Silver Member

Post by LuxVenit »

That is very true (both what symphonica7 and labbie said) and I do agree with the fact that Libera is quite a busy group AND that the boys have lives outside of it. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that I DEMAND a new album, just doing some wishful thinking. :)

symphonica7 makes a point that I've thought about a lot as well, about how it's sad to think about some of the boys' voices "going to waste" only because they weren't recorded on a published album. I think of Flynn Marks and the solo he did that got rave reviews, and also of Ed Day. I dunno, maybe these are recorded SOMEWHERE in the Libera archives, and I do understand that it's just not feasible to record an album every year just to make sure every boy's voice is included before it changes.

I'm sorry, I'm starting to ramble. :)
“My heart, which is so full to overflowing, has often been solaced and refreshed by music when sick and weary.” ― Martin Luther
symphonica7
Gold Member

Post by symphonica7 »

LuxVenit wrote:That is very true (both what symphonica7 and labbie said) and I do agree with the fact that Libera is quite a busy group AND that the boys have lives outside of it. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that I DEMAND a new album, just doing some wishful thinking. :)

symphonica7 makes a point that I've thought about a lot as well, about how it's sad to think about some of the boys' voices "going to waste" only because they weren't recorded on a published album. I think of Flynn Marks and the solo he did that got rave reviews, and also of Ed Day. I dunno, maybe these are recorded SOMEWHERE in the Libera archives, and I do understand that it's just not feasible to record an album every year just to make sure every boy's voice is included before it changes.

I'm sorry, I'm starting to ramble. :)

Sometimes it takes years...even for bands who do this for a living full time,to create an album...much less a group who does this part time.
:( :( :( :( :( :( :( My heart is now broken.....to hear of Flynn singing....but not hearing him sing, to never be able to hear his voice in his brilliant moment. I will weep.... :(
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

Flynn's been out of the group for nearly 2 years, a new album this year wouldn't change a thing, you still wouldn't have a recording of a solo by him.
symphonica7
Gold Member

Post by symphonica7 »

TullyBascombe wrote:Flynn's been out of the group for nearly 2 years, a new album this year wouldn't change a thing, you still wouldn't have a recording of a solo by him.

LOL, I think you are missing the point.......it's a travesty to not record Libera voices at it's peak.....especially when the fanbase is craving for new melodies. That's just one of the issues we were talking about....

The comments on Flynn was just an example........a wish of what could've been.....it's not literal. Don't take everything literally and negatively......it's all good.
LuxVenit
Silver Member

Post by LuxVenit »

*head desk* Yes, I just gave those two names as an example.

Let me just say that I do realize that it takes a LOT to record an album, of both time and money. I don't live with my head in the clouds (though I do dream sometimes, like now about new recordings, hehe!) and was just expressing my thoughts about how it is too bad that there isn't the opportunity for all the great voices of Libera to be showcased and put on CD.

If it WAS possible I'm sure all of us would be on cloud nine, all of the time, but it's just not. And I'm sorry I made you cry, symphonica7. :( :cry:
symphonica7
Gold Member

Post by symphonica7 »

LuxVenit wrote:*head desk* Yes, I just gave those two names as an example.

Let me just say that I do realize that it takes a LOT to record an album, of both time and money. I don't live with my head in the clouds (though I do dream sometimes, like now about new recordings, hehe!) and was just expressing my thoughts about how it is too bad that there isn't the opportunity for all the great voices of Libera to be showcased and put on CD.

If it WAS possible I'm sure all of us would be on cloud nine, all of the time, but it's just not. And I'm sorry I made you cry, symphonica7. :( :cry:

Fine examples indeed......I wept because Flynn is my favorite Libera.

NO worries though.....it's bittersweet..and it's something special actually....
madine_lover

Post by madine_lover »

The cover of Angel Voices 2012. Thanks Shii for sharing.
"...when we came together, we made the sound, that is LIBERA ..."
http://madinelover.blogspot.com
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Two weeks after the cover have been revealed, it's still not possible to find any image better than the 300*300 one from Amazon.

So I tried to recreate it myself, for the fun and for my training using Gimp :)

(click to enlarge)

I used the cloud background found here,
the photos are from the header of Libera page on EMI Japan site,
And the fonts is named Americana BT
Sue
Silver Member

Post by Sue »

Thanks fdl, is the Gimp-software hard to use? In which language is Gimp, english?
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Many languages are available, including German.
About easiness to use it, well, Gimp is a Photoshop like software, so it has tons of functionality.
If you are looking to remove red eyes or change light/contrast, then it's too much complicated for this kind of basic needs.
If you want to go further in image working then it's a good alternative to Photoshop, because it's free, and there is plenty of users, helpful forums, videos, etc.