Question about "GOING HOME" in the DVD

Talk about Libera CD/DVD

Moderator: Moderators

Rich
Silver Member

Post by Rich »

JimmyRiddle wrote:
TEB wrote:Also, effective this year, the boys are sequestered before and immediately after the service to protect their privacy.
I've never been to St. Philips, but have been told after the service there is usually tea/coffee break were local parishioners could have supervised chats with some of the boys.
All true - I travel to London on business several times a year and always make it a point to attend their service. I like to get there early and listen to Robert P. warm them up. After the service, tea/coffee and biscuits (cookies) are served and once the boys gather theirs, they head off to one of the side pews. If you ever visit their church, leave the camera and CDs to be signed at home. As has been said, this is a place of worship and not the stage door of a concert hall.

I will say that the parishioners are some of the most friendly and welcoming people I have met. I remember my first time visiting, I just wanted to sit quietly in the back and take in the service but since it's a small parish and I was an unfamiliar face, everyone started coming up to me to introduce themselves. After a hectic week, this made for a memorable and pleasant morning.

Rich
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

My family members in the UK have been talking me into attending college there next year and I just might consider. I would really love to attend a service at St. Philips and see the boys sing in their own church. It is a shame that the new policy keeps them from meeting us, but at least we can have at least a few minutes with the boys after the service. Its a shame what 1 person's shameless actions could have on the rest of us.
TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

Alot of the new rules with the boys are from something that happened with one of the younger ones. Well, he was younger a few years ago. Again, this is from one of my two very reliable sources. It used to be that the boys were allowed to respond personally to emails. One boy, inadverntly, gave out some personal information to someone. I am 100% sure that he had been tricked into doing so but still, that little mistake, is now affecting all the boys and us, the fan base as well.

At least we can all seek some comfort in knowing that they do read all emails and messages posted to them at the various websites. RP, Ian Tilly and the webmaster see to that.
Tom B.
Proud to be an American
Clan Farquharson, Scotland

"I AM THE DAWN OF ALL TIME."
kjackson83

Post by kjackson83 »

Kevin wrote:It is a shame that the new policy keeps them from meeting us, but at least we can have at least a few minutes with the boys after the service. Its a shame what 1 person's shameless actions could have on the rest of us.
Something recent? I didn't know this was the policy now. :shock:
TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

kjackson83 wrote:
Something recent? I didn't know this was the policy now. :shock:

I am not sure of when this policy was put into effect. When my one friend, one of my sources for my information, was over to London after Easter, the policy of the boys be sequestered was in effect. Now, he didn't mention to me them being allowed to stay for the biscuits after the service so that might be something new and maybe a little lessening of the strict rules.

The real shame is exactly what Kevin said. The selfish actions of one over zealous fan led to all of these new rules. But, their safety is paramount.
Tom B.
Proud to be an American

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I think I may know which chorister you are referring to however I will not go into details about it to respect the choristers privacy. But yes it is a shame that one persons selfishness would go to such extreme lengths to not only ruin the interaction time for all us other more respectful fans, but go and try and invade the boys privacy and possibly bring him to some harm, thank God that did not happen.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

That makes me angry in some respects. As an adult you would know that asking the boys for any personal information is a complete aberration on your part. Taking advantage of the good intentions of the boys, who are naturally trained to be as friendly and polite with their fans, is just unforgivable. Thanks god it's only the small minority. At least they can be reigned in, by the people who look after Libera.

On a lighter note. Kevin, I hope you get to see them in concert or at St. Philips, it would only seem fair considering how hard you work promoting their cause.
kjackson83

Post by kjackson83 »

"Common sense," which evidently isn't nearly as "common" as it used to be...

That makes me mad--in the world we live in, with the problems we face vis-á-vis things like pedophilia seeming to spring up everywhere like a gigantic, contagious virus, people should exercise a little common sense and just know: you don't EVER ask things that breach a child's privacy. What possible legitimate need could a person ever have for that kind of information? When broadcasting from places as remote as central sub-Saharan Africa, UNICEF doesn't post up anything but the first names of the children they're interviewing.

That's just...wow. :shock: You'd like to hope people like that are simply experiencing a momentary lapse in judgment, and nothing more sinister, but...
TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

Another thing I've noticed now in all the pictures from the different meet and greet sessions after the concerts. The boys are almost always in groups of 2 or 3 and absolutely none of the younger ones are alone at all. They always have an older boy with them. I see Callum with Kavana alot. Whether this is something sparked from the above mentioned discretion or if it has always been that way, it is a good thing.

I was very surprised to see a picture of Tom alone at one of these during the American tour but it might have only been for a second or two. I am sure someone was watching closely though. Big Ben seems to be always close at hand.
Tom B.
Proud to be an American

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

JimmyRiddle wrote:On a lighter note. Kevin, I hope you get to see them in concert or at St. Philips, it would only seem fair considering how hard you work promoting their cause.
Thank you and I really do hope I get to in the future :)
TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

Kevin,
Shame you don't live in PA. We could manage to get to their next PA show together, that is if they come to PA again. There are more than a few fans here, we could all go together.
I missed the Pittsburg show because it was a weeknight concert. Harrisburg to Pittsburg and back in one night is kind of hard.

Speaking of America, does everyone know that Mini Ben is an American?
Tom B.
Proud to be an American

kjackson83

Post by kjackson83 »

TEB wrote:Speaking of America, does everyone know that Mini Ben is an American?
Do tell.
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

Is that true? Benedict is an extremely unusual name in the US. Are one of his parents English?
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

TEB wrote:Kevin,
Shame you don't live in PA. We could manage to get to their next PA show together, that is if they come to PA again. There are more than a few fans here, we could all go together.
I missed the Pittsburg show because it was a weeknight concert. Harrisburg to Pittsburg and back in one night is kind of hard.

Speaking of America, does everyone know that Mini Ben is an American?
Yes it is :( I live all the way on the western seaboard, really far from their concerts and possibly their next concerts should they return to the US once again. It would have been great going with a group of Libera fans :)

And about Ben, very interesting and something I did not know as well. Please do tell...
TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

Kevin wrote:
TEB wrote: Speaking of America, does everyone know that Mini Ben is an American?

And about Ben, very interesting and something I did not know as well. Please do tell...
Yes, I heard this from one of my very reliable sources. His dad is American and he's been living and working in London for some time now. This shows another good side of RP. He will let any boy who shows the interest to join the choir. If you go to their main website, there is an email for setting up an audition. It mentions nothing about what country you are from. Though, I imagine only those who are close to London would apply, considering the need to be there for the everyday practices and the concerts.
Tom B.
Proud to be an American