Libera - Free - Sing the Story

Talk about Libera CD/DVD

Moderator: Moderators

TwoStepsFromHeaven

Libera - Free - Sing the Story

Post by TwoStepsFromHeaven »

HI everyone

in the japanese cd release there is an extra track called sing the story which performed by michael horncastle

I was searching for it since 1 year ....... but still nothing found
The Voice Of Angels Came To The Faithful Boys
mokkmonster

Re: Libera - Free - Sing the Story

Post by mokkmonster »

fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

TwoStepsFromHeaven wrote:I was searching for it since 1 year ....... but still nothing found
You can buy this Japanese CD from Amazon.
No need to use the Amazon Japan, it's available from various Amazon sites, and they can ship it anywhere in the world.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TwoStepsFromHeaven

Post by TwoStepsFromHeaven »

thanks bro .......... I cannot buy the full CD because I have it already except (( sing the story ))
The Voice Of Angels Came To The Faithful Boys
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

well, I don't see too much why you can't...
In my case, I bought the Japanese Free, and I bought the new version of New Dawn ;)
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

TwoStepsFromHeaven wrote:thanks bro .......... I cannot buy the full CD because I have it already except (( sing the story ))
Well if you have that CD already and have to buy for the one track. Not only are you getting the track you want but you are also supporting Libera ;)
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Not all of us can afford to buy every CD though. And this is something Libera needs to realise as well. Putting out these bonus editions is nice to open up new markets but a pain for dedicated fans with little cash (like me ;)).
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

Not sure if its the same in other parts of the world, but here in England we have what are called piggybanks.

If we want something, we put in a few pennys whenever we have some spare. When we have enough we crack them open and buy what we want ;)

Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

- Plato
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Yes but is it worth it to spend, say, 20+ euros for one song? Plus I think it's a bit of a "waste" of material to get a whole CD a second time just for one or two songs or extras.
I have to admit as well though that I never use Amazon or i-Tunes to buy individual tracks... - because I don't have a creditcard (there are ways to go around that, but that involves extra fuss and sometimes extra cash) and also because I have a 'quarrel' with iTunes - I can never get the darn program to function properly :oops:
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

As a Libera fan, how much is a song worth to you?
Is it worth buying a whole CD for one song?

If not then don't buy it, just don't request it on here.

Discussion over thread locked.

- Plato
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

I have unlocked this thread, because people still want to comment, but I will say.
File sharing and requesting for files is illegal.

- Plato
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Thanks Paul.
I guess I can't really answer the question how much a song is worth to me. First I just wanted to say, well not as much as a full CD but then again - some songs mean so much to me that it's not really possible to put a figure to that. Yes, maybe even I am willing and crazy enough to put down the cash for a whole CD for just an extra song. But I would still feel bummed. It's just not the ideal way to do things.
An ideal way for me would be Bandcamp or a system that Radiohead uses. Paid downloads where sometimes there's the freedom to choose how much you want to spend (or at least a minimum) and a variety of payment and download options.
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

maartendas wrote:Thanks Paul.
I guess I can't really answer the question how much a song is worth to me. First I just wanted to say, well not as much as a full CD but then again - some songs mean so much to me that it's not really possible to put a figure to that. Yes, maybe even I am willing and crazy enough to put down the cash for a whole CD for just an extra song. But I would still feel bummed. It's just not the ideal way to do things.
An ideal way for me would be Bandcamp or a system that Radiohead uses. Paid downloads where sometimes there's the freedom to choose how much you want to spend (or at least a minimum) and a variety of payment and download options.
I do agree.

The single extra track is not worth £45 to me. I would rather go and give £45 directly to Libera rather than line the pockets of EMI. So unless that single track is made available on a UK compilation or available for download. I choose not to own it.

- Plato
FanInPlymouth

Post by FanInPlymouth »

maartendas wrote:Not all of us can afford to buy every CD though. And this is something Libera needs to realise as well. Putting out these bonus editions is nice to open up new markets but a pain for dedicated fans with little cash (like me ;)).
I seriously doubt that Libera themselves have any input into the marketting of their CDs; it's normally the record companies themselves who decide what and where and when. At least we know there are going to be two versions of The Christmas Album unlike with Peace where the standard was released in the spring and the Deluxe released for Christmas - now that was a cheap, underhand trick by EMI!
FanInPlymouth

Post by FanInPlymouth »

paul30003 wrote:
maartendas wrote:Thanks Paul.
I do agree.

The single extra track is not worth £45 to me. I would rather go and give £45 directly to Libera rather than line the pockets of EMI. So unless that single track is made available on a UK compilation or available for download. I choose not to own it.

Both Paul and Maartendas are correct. I would never pay £45 for an imported album just for one track but if anyone wants to (jut to be completist!) then do so even if you have to save for it. I would love Song of Life on CD but the Mini Album is currently £35 from Amazon, so the same principle applies. Perhaps we can persuade EMI to make these tracks available as MP3 downloads? I bought Bayan Ko that way - and for only £0.89!