Do you think Libera should release more live recordings.

Talk about Libera CD/DVD

Moderator: Moderators

Do you think Libera / EMI should release concert recordings. If yes, how often?

At least once a year
18%
When there is a big change in the choir. i.e. new soloists
50%
When they have new material
15%
Special events, or concerts of special significance
15%
No
No votes
Undecided
3%

Total votes: 40

dani
Diamond Member

Re: Do you think Libera should release more live recordings.

Post by dani »

I find it strange that nobody has come in and wanted to do a live cd/concert.

In 2007 they was nowhere near as popular as they are in 2011 yet they did a live concert dvd/album... It would be interesting to see what the loss was for that Leiden dvd and too see if thats why no other company has come in and made an offer to finance one as it was not financially viable .

With little support from EMI u.k it seems we have little hope of one anytime soon as money is tight everywhere .

My suggestion would be too make one off live recordings available via Itunes . Then sell them for some for a few quid . Its cheap and no over heads and they also make a little something . So pick a couple of songs in a concert and record them and then make them available via Amazon/ Itunes.

Think of how many people would of happily downloaded Ed' Days Mysterium or Stefan and Ralphs Mysterium. Daniel Fontanz Stay With Me. And with 16/18 tracks in a concert it means there are loads of performance's to pick from.

So many great performances that we will never unfortunately get to see again.
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

I suggested that some time ago. With no media overheads, it could be possible, not sure about EMI's position on this though as I know they have control over what Libera release and the format. If EMI invested x amount to produce so many thousands of CD's DVD's, if they thought that digital releases via ITunes would impact on there media sales, I'm sure they would impose restrictions, even if they gained royalties from the sales. I'm sure they don't want to have thousands of unsold CD's because people are buying and downloading their music. Its a cruel world but EMI are a business and are looking to make profit.
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

They (EMI) gave half the Peace CD away on Amazon and free downloads :roll: I hope they keep alot more under-wraps in the run-up to the Christmas Album release. Let's keep a little bit of excitement left for release date.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

JimmyRiddle wrote:They (EMI) gave half the Peace CD away on Amazon and free downloads :roll: I hope they keep alot more under-wraps in the run-up to the Christmas Album release. Let's keep a little bit of excitement left for release date.
I certainly exited for the release date, I'm just trying to understand why Libera does not release some Live recordings via ITunes :?
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

JimmyRiddle wrote:They (EMI) gave half the Peace CD away on Amazon and free downloads :roll: I hope they keep alot more under-wraps in the run-up to the Christmas Album release. Let's keep a little bit of excitement left for release date.

Too be fair there was method to the madness as they thought people would download them once they heard the songs.

And it may well of worked as we have already had a free track for the new album. 3 months in advance one might add :mrgreen:
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

paul30003 wrote:
I certainly exited for the release date, I'm just trying to understand why Libera does not release some Live recordings via ITunes :?
Yes because surely EMI is behind any idea that brings in extra revenue . And Itunes works wonders for small acts because of no massive overheads.
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

paul30003 wrote:I suggested that some time ago. With no media overheads, it could be possible, not sure about EMI's position on this though as I know they have control over what Libera release and the format. If EMI invested x amount to produce so many thousands of CD's DVD's, if they thought that digital releases via ITunes would impact on there media sales, I'm sure they would impose restrictions, even if they gained royalties from the sales. I'm sure they don't want to have thousands of unsold CD's because people are buying and downloading their music. Its a cruel world but EMI are a business and are looking to make profit.
So - go with the times and don't make physical copies anymore but offer paid downloads instead. Less expenses, more profit and a LOT of happy Libera fans.
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
phineaspgage

Post by phineaspgage »

I voted "yes" and, from the available choices, selected when there is a change in the choir. I'm happy to leave to Libera the timing, conditions, etc., as they've been very wise judges of the music and compilations in my opinion. Selfishly, I want another live DVD. If I'd owned a VHS tape of Angel Voices it would have been worn through by now. Fortunately, the digital DVD has held up well through what may be approaching 100 viewings. I'd be delighted to relive the Canada and US tour. It certainly wouldn't diminish my concert attendance, which is constrained only by distance and expense.

Libera rocks!