The Christmas Album CD (2011)

Talk about Libera CD/DVD

Moderator: Moderators

dani
Diamond Member

Re: The Christmas Album CD

Post by dani »

3 winners have been announced for one of the Libera comps

Paul Ellams of Runcorn, Neil Corbet of Guernsey, Simon Green of York, North Yorkshire

Its not me thats for sure.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Unlucky dani - better luck next time.

Classic FM are playing lots of Libera as we count down the last remaining days to Christmas Day itself.

...as an example at 16:41 today they played;

then nearly 2hrs later;

So two pieces of music by the same artist in under 2hrs on Classic FM is quite rare. So well done to them for supporting Libera's music. There's the interview on Radio 1 tomorrow, and I think that pretty much wraps it up!...roll on 2012.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Thanks Jimmy

This album has gotten a lot more promo and air play than other albums . I guess its a lot easier to promote a xmas album and shows want you on there unlike when they have a regular album out.

Lets hope this boosts there repetition in this country and all the good work they have made means the next album will get a boost in sales :mrgreen:
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

I hope so too :) This album may have a limited shelf life, but they do make the most out of it ;)
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

maartendas wrote:I hope so too :) This album may have a limited shelf life, but they do make the most out of it ;)
It may get demanded the next Christmas again and hopefully for several years to come! :)
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Murkskis wrote:
maartendas wrote:I hope so too :) This album may have a limited shelf life, but they do make the most out of it ;)
It may get demanded the next Christmas again and hopefully for several years to come! :)

Doubtful but no harm in recording another one :)

There are so many more songs they can sing.
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

"Winter Songs" still in the classical Japanese Billboard charts :)

http://www.billboard-japan.com/system/j ... /classical" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It fell to the 12th position last week but went back to top ten this week, in 6th position :)
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

It's Christmas Eve and I just started my second round of listening to the Christmas Album :) (the first one was right after I got home from singing in church :)) I did it, I managed to wait until tonight :) A nice Christmas present for myself :D

I am mostly impressed with Still, Still, Still, O Holy Night, Corpus Christi Carol, Sing the Story, Coventry Carol and Jubilate Deo in terms of arrangement and achievement in solos. Ofcourse Stefan is great in White Christmas but I'm just not a fan of the song ;) I'll probably post more details in days to come.

Anyway - Merry Christmas everyone! :D and LennesSL - we need to talk :mrgreen:
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

I think this review was not yet reported :
http://www.musicweb-international.com/c ... 886352.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(not a fully positive review...)
Lumi
Silver Member

Post by Lumi »

fan_de_LoK wrote:I think this review was not yet reported :
http://www.musicweb-international.com/c ... 886352.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(not a fully positive review...)
"Careful use of devices to manipulate listener emotions" cracked me up... I mean.. What? :lol:

Commenting on breathy singing style (makes me wonder what she would've thought of the recording of Himig Ng Pasko :D ) or diction really seems quite pointless to me when talking about Libera – I guess this is one of the reviews where their sound is being straight away compared to classical boys' choirs. Some fair points made on overproduction though.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

An example: the supremely beautiful In Dulci Jubilo is reduced here, with its simplistic bass line, to something akin to the theme tune of a children’s television show.

I had never heard this song before Libera sung it on the album and i liked it. But then i have heard a few boy choir sing it and i can see why a lot of people would hate the new arrangement as they have made it very cheesy/fun. I like that but i can see why a lot of purists would turn in there grave at meddling with it as a lot would see it as plan tacky.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Carol of the bells is the number 1 track on itunes classics.

Image with proof ;)

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/53 ... bells.jpg/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

dani wrote:Carol of the bells is the number 1 track on itunes classics.

Image with proof ;)

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/53 ... bells.jpg/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
No3 in amazon downloads aswell. Although there is a considerable disparity between this and the other tracks on their Christmas Album. That said overall, the album as remained in top 10 itunes classical charts for the last 3 weeks, only dropping outside the top10 today.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

dani wrote:Carol of the bells is the number 1 track on itunes classics.
JimmyRiddle wrote: No3 in amazon downloads aswell.
Good to know! :D Thanks!
labbie

Post by labbie »

Hello, everyone! I hope that all of you had a lovely Christmas. It would appear that many Canadians have made the Christmas CD part of their celebration, judging from today's Amazon.ca ranking. The Christmas Album is at #7 in the Classical rankings. Well done, Libera! You are well-loved here in Canada. (Moose should be very happy about this!!)