The Christmas Album CD (2011)

Talk about Libera CD/DVD

Moderator: Moderators

labbie

Re: The Christmas Album CD

Post by labbie »

As of Monday, December 12th, in the evening (Canadian time), this CD is #6 in the Amazon.ca Classical ratings. Bravo, Libera! You must have quite a following here in Canada, as this would seem to suggest.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Interesting
http://www.cpr.org/article/Classical_Ch ... tmas_Stars" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
emmaclaire

Post by emmaclaire »

As of December 15th at 10:20 PM Carol of the Bells is #2 and O Holy Night is #131 on the Classical list on iTunes! :D
Thoughts of love surrond you
Everywhere around you
skittles

Post by skittles »

better yet, they are number 35 in amazon's hard rock and metal charts! :D

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
libera36

Post by libera36 »

skittles wrote:better yet, they are number 35 in amazon's hard rock and metal charts! :D

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Bahaha, right between "The War on Drugs" and "Black Sabbath"... Oh my... :lol:
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

JimmyRiddle wrote:Interesting
http://www.cpr.org/article/Classical_Ch ... tmas_Stars" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Nice find, Jimmy - though it's toe-curling to hear the pronunciation LEE-burrah so many times in a row :?
Maybe Tom just needs to explain it one last time? :lol:

[youtube][/youtube]
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
Malibu
Silver Member

Post by Malibu »

maartendas wrote:
Nice find, Jimmy - though it's toe-curling to hear the pronunciation LEE-burrah so many times in a row :?
Maybe Tom just needs to explain it one last time? :lol:
Lol, I'm glad I'm not the only one!
Lead, kindly light amid the circling gloom.
Lead thou me on.
The night is dark and I am far from home.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Great piece on that radio programme but more interesting is the other artists that are also being promoted - Libera along side Bocelli :D What price to attend a concert featuring those two 8)
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
katyafan
Silver Member

Post by katyafan »

Yorkie wrote:
Great piece on that radio programme but more interesting is the other artists that are also being promoted - Libera along side Bocelli :D What price to attend a concert featuring those two 8)
i would give my firstborn. no joke. but i would require a meet and greet.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Yorkie wrote:Great piece on that radio programme but more interesting is the other artists that are also being promoted - Libera along side Bocelli :D What price to attend a concert featuring those two 8)
It would indeed be amazing if such an event were to happen. We got a slight taste of this when they hamonised with him on Songs of Praise during his solo for Amazing Grace. You could hear Libera's high voices above the stage choirs. Let's hope he or his agent asked about them.

P.S. you can catch Mr Bocelli on ITV's This Morning program on Monday, just before Libera perform on Wednesday. Shucks, they missed each other again!

Back to the album, no matter what the critics think, it's clear that the UK public are liking one particular carol at least...

Bocelli/Brightman's time to say goodbye is virtually unmoveable, so well done Libera! Lots of 99p sales from that!
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

A micro-review in the Inquirer Entertainment (Philippines)

http://entertainment.inquirer.net/24763 ... tide-music" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Libera
“The Christmas Album”

If Christmas is for children, it should follow that Yuletide music is best sung by kids. “The Christmas Album” by the all-boys British choir Libera has a magical, calming effect on the nerves, especially “Still, Still, Still”—originally an Austrian folk tune—which recreates the peaceful vibe surrounding the Madonna and Child on the first Christmas.

Almost all the tracks are stress-busters, like “Veni, Veni Emmanuel,” “O Holy Night,” “White Christmas,” “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas,” “The First Nowell,” “While Shepherds Watched Their Flocks” and “Lullabye (Goodnight My Angel)”—although they won’t necessarily put you to sleep. What it is bound to do is remind you of the joy and innocence of childhood as your own kid putters about.

On the other hand, “Carol of the Bells” and “In Dulci Jubilo” (German and Latin for “sweet rejoicing”) delivers a kick like freshly brewed coffee—sort of tells you to move your butt and help out in the kitchen for noche buena.
Rach

Post by Rach »

fan_de_LoK wrote:A micro-review in the Inquirer Entertainment (Philippines)

http://entertainment.inquirer.net/24763 ... tide-music" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Libera
“The Christmas Album”

If Christmas is for children, it should follow that Yuletide music is best sung by kids. “The Christmas Album” by the all-boys British choir Libera has a magical, calming effect on the nerves, especially “Still, Still, Still”—originally an Austrian folk tune—which recreates the peaceful vibe surrounding the Madonna and Child on the first Christmas.

Almost all the tracks are stress-busters, like “Veni, Veni Emmanuel,” “O Holy Night,” “White Christmas,” “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas,” “The First Nowell,” “While Shepherds Watched Their Flocks” and “Lullabye (Goodnight My Angel)”—although they won’t necessarily put you to sleep. What it is bound to do is remind you of the joy and innocence of childhood as your own kid putters about.

On the other hand, “Carol of the Bells” and “In Dulci Jubilo” (German and Latin for “sweet rejoicing”) delivers a kick like freshly brewed coffee—sort of tells you to move your butt and help out in the kitchen for noche buena.
Hi! I'm a newbie here from the Philippines. Just wanted to say "Thank you" for sharing this. Just read about it at breakfast, 30 minutes ago.. :D
Rach

Post by Rach »

So sorry....what have I done? :oops: Like I said, I'm a newbie. Don't know how to go about qouting and replying to a quote. Really sorry... :(
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Hi Rach - don't worry :D

When you want to quote someone, just click on the "Quote" button in the upper right hand corner, like you did.
Then, when you're in the message field and want to type your reply, make sure you start typing after "[/quote]". This is the end of the quote. That way, you will know for sure that your message shows up as it should :D

I edited your message to fix the small mistake ;) (ofcourse, you had a difficult situation, quoting a message with a quote in it already :mrgreen:). Anytime you want to edit your own message, just click "Edit", also in the upper right hand corner :)
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
Rach

Post by Rach »

Thank you so much maartendas :D I'll keep that info in mind so I won't do another blooper next time :wink: