Moderator: Moderators

Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Rebecca (: wrote:
Yorkie wrote:Some more pictures for you:

http://s716.photobucket.com/albums/ww16 ... =slideshow
Thanks Yorkie!
Do you mind if I show the ones of Tom to my friend on another site? He loves him more than anything, haha
No i don't mind, but I can't think there is anything worth seeing!
Last edited by Yorkie on Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
Rebecca (:
Platinum Member

Post by Rebecca (: »

Yorkie wrote:

Thanks Yorkie!
Do you mind if I show the ones of Tom to my friend on another site? He loves him more than anything, haha
No, but I can't think there is anything worth seeing!
Trust me, she'll go crazy over the ones of him working the sound :lol:
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Yorkie wrote:
Thanks Yorkie!
Well, I wish I'd filmed him sitting on those little equipment chests and wheeling himself about as if he was on a Go Kart for you then!

Did you see the film I took at Chester earlier in the thread?
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
Rebecca (:
Platinum Member

Yorkie wrote:
Yorkie wrote:
Well, I wish I'd filmed him sitting on those little equipment chests and wheeling himself about as if he was on a Go Kart for you then!

Did you see the film I took at Chester earlier in the thread?
That must have been funny to see!

I believe I did... (:
danieb88
Silver Member

Post by danieb88 »

Hello everyone! im home now after a weekend on london so am able to say a few words about the concert on friday!
Firstly, thank you so so much to Flora for selling us the tickets and for sitting with us, it was great to meet everyone its so nice to put faces to names!
So, I personally found friday to be the best concert i have ever been to, the sound was incredible and all the boys exceeded my expectations!

Ill give a quick run-down of all the songs and things I liked about them!
Adoramus/Libera: (Stefan, Ralph and Luke) I love the start to the show, Stefans "are you the door etc" followed by building up music while the other boys come on stage! Ralphs aeternas on libera were fantastic!
Time: (Josh with Alex and Ralph, Ben with Daniel and Jakob) I got the impression that Josh was finding this solo quite difficult though with the support of Ralph and Alex it sounded great. By far my fav moment of this song was Jakob, the only one facing the crowd singing the "aaah aaah aaahs" before the final chorus - I really think he deserves more solos hes amazing!
Sanctus (Stefan on high notes): fantastic as ever and very well put together
Sanctissima (Ralph): very well performed!
Eternal Light (Stefan and Ralph): I love the chorus in theis song and the boys (i especially noticed mini james) seemed to really enjoy singing the song!
Ave Verum (Carlos with Jakob, I couldnt see who was on high notes): Carlos was far stronger than in bristol, i was abit dissapointed there but thought he was very good this time - however, i personally feel jakob would be better suited to doing the main solo.
Far Away (Ralph and Kavanna) Kav was fantastic on this though I thought Ralph was finding this one abit difficult - it was in this song he started coughing, poor boy!
Salva Me (Stefan): I quite enjoy this song with more of the boys singing the verses
Exultate (Stefan and ? someone else?): one of the highlights of the night - absolutely fantastic!
Interval - my lovely boyfriend went and got me Tom Cullys autograph on my programme as I was too much of an embarrassed fangirl to do it myself! apparently he was very friendly but clearly very embarrased himself to be asked in the first place! I later thanked him and he was lovely!
Mysterium (Stefan and Ralph): my fav song of the night, the choreography was amazing with stefan walking down the aisle towards ralph as they sang at eachother - brilliant!
Gloria: A great contrast to mysterium!
Fountain (Ralph): another one where i thought ralph was struggling abit, however still a really good song!
How can I keep from singing (Sammy with Stefan on high harmonies) very well done - stefans harmonies are just fantastic!
When a knight (Ralph): much better than i thought it would be as I was worried Ralph would be too coughy!
Love and Mercy (Mini James and Freddie): mini james' voice is improving so much each time i see him!
*I dont know for sure but the evil look RP gave just before Joshs speech may be due to someone dropping something quite loudly at the back of the hall*
Deep Peace (Stefan): not my fav song but was very well executed :)
Stay With Me (Daniel with ? and MRA) I loved this as I could see MRA through the other boys and I thought he did brilliantly, I personally think his voice is more than strong enough tho he did miss one of the notes, prompting RP to make sure he had his attention for the next one!
Going Home (mini James, Daniel, Jakob on hamronies) again, not my fav song but mini james voice was fantastic!
How Shall I Sing (Jakob and Stefan) AMAZING finish!

I was so impressed with the sound quality, it was louder than Ive heard before and I absolutely loved it!
Overall, absolutely incredible night - ill remember that one for a long long time!!!
Danie :D
danieb88
Silver Member

Post by danieb88 »

One thing I forgot - Kavannas conducting part was a definate highlight - I just wish it was slightly longer as you dont get much chance to hear the different parts fit together!
Danie :D
Rebecca (:
Platinum Member

Thanks for the great review! Congrats on getting Tom's autograph! Even if you didn't get it yourself ;D

I'm so glad you enjoyed it!
tom413
Gold Member

Post by tom413 »

Thanks for sharing these pictures Yorkie. Shots of the venue inside and out (especially the queueing area :D ) helps me to imagine what it would have been like to be there. It had to have been chilly, doesn't seem that there were many leaves left on those trees.
tom413
Gold Member

Post by tom413 »

Thanks for the review danie.
I'm happy you singled out Jakob in your descriptions.
I noticed him getting a more prominent role in the US concerts and was quite happy about it.
Maybe they'll swap out Knight for Lead Kindly Light next year and he can really show off.
Thunderhawk261
Silver Member

Post by Thunderhawk261 »

Just remembered that afterwards Mr Philipp was talking about doing more UK concerts but spread out in all four corners of the country to get the word out.
If this means there might be a concert at York Minster then I'll have to journey to York once again for sure.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Yorkie wrote:Ah, the weather. It was a true Yorkshire welcome. It was throwing it down at about 14.30. I'd had lunch with FDL, Viabuona and John who had flown in from Canada. They headed off to queue and I went to buy an umbrella. I returned to the Minster with a rather natty pink number covered in ladybirds (ladybugs iirc in the States). I thought FDL would die of laughing.
haha :lol: Although judging by next week's forecast some of our friends from across the channel will probably be glad the concert was this Saturday and not next. Artic winds on the way. That would have tested the concert early birds to the extreme lol
Yorkie wrote:There were a few problems at St George's with the sound balance but it was good in Beverley. They work really hard those guys to set up the show and those people who haven't seen a live show would not believe the amount of gear they have to set up. The show couldn't happen with out those 'roadies'.
Absolutely, that was the impression I got at the interval when I saw all the trunking and cabling along the floor. The length they have to travel and the work involved in setting it all up. Hats off to them!
Yorkie wrote:Chester wins hands down for Mysterium and is now up there with the legend that is Ed Day 2009.
Agreed :wink:
Yorkie wrote:Yes, very warm applause and a very long standing ovation at the end (did we start it too soon as another fan suggested?). It went on so long that as RP gave the signal for the boys to bow one of the fiddlers thought it was a cue to start the exultate reprise and started to play too soon!
The fans at the front were quick off their feet and it had a ripple effect down the cathedral. Almost everyone was standing, the only one's who weren't were quite elderly folks. So you all did your bit in getting the crowd to their feet ;) The comfy seats were a blessed relief compared to some of the hard pews I've sat on. :shock:
Yorkie wrote:Wouldn't be the same without you 8)
Cheers, I'm sure you'll keep everyone entertained ;) I've just got some personal matters to address. Nice pics by the way.
Last edited by JimmyRiddle on Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

danieb88 wrote:Love and Mercy (Mini James and Freddie): mini james' voice is improving so much each time i see him!
Enjoyed reading your thoughts danie - agree with Mini James and Freddie - I forgot to mention them in my report. How could I forget them?!? They were a perfect match up for L&M and I hope they collaborate together much more in the future.
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Freddie and Mini-James, a very touching duet.... :)

I will never forget the "Prayer" they had sung together in Edinburgh !! :D
Jenn
Silver Member

Post by Jenn »

I live in the wrong country...Anyone across the pond want to adopt me so I can run around the country admiring all the beautiful cathedrals? PRETTY PLEASE?!

*drooling over Yorkie's slideshow*
LibeLA

London & Beverley Concert

Post by LibeLA »

Hello my fellow Libera fans!

I'm back in circulation again after a long & tiring journey (10 hrs flight from London to SF). We arrived in SF Monday late night and I had to return to work the following morning. Good thing I was able to sleep on the plane and did not experience jet lag at all. :-)

I will not give any more reviews re the concerts since they were already well-covered by the "experts."

I just wanted to share with you this video I came up with for the London & Beverley concerts. As we all know, the usual meet & greets and photo sessions did not happen in both UK concerts so sorry if there's nothing much to it especially in Beverley. Fortunately for us, we sat next to Josh's uncle & aunt (who were both so warm & friendly) and Jakob's dad (also nice!) in the London concert and we chitchatted with them for a while. They were extremely appreciative that we traveled a long way to see Libera's concert and they were unanimous in saying that fans like us should be given the chance to at least say "Hi" to the lads after the concert. We were extremely lucky that night since we were able to have our photos taken with some of the boys who were just hanging around the church waiting for their parents. Got good shots of the up and coming star Matthew Madine too. What a sweet & shy boy with the same cute smile as his older brother Josh.

Pardon us if we kept on repeating the same lines, "We're from SF, Great job! We'll see you again tomorrow!" Hahaha! Everything was happening too fast and we couldn't catch up. It was just super dooper exciting!

We brought some chocolates from San Francisco called Ghirardelli and shared them with the boys. Josh's Mom who by the way is really beautiful and accommodating suggested that we should also try English chocolates (specifically Cadbury).

I also had some memorable encounters with my all-time favorite soloist Tom Cully who was great in his new found role in Libera as the Sound Assistant. Even if Tom was busy running around, helping out and setting up equipment, he was still kind and polite enough to accommodate his adoring fans. I gave him a SF Giants baseball cap & a black World Series Championship shirt (FYI, SF Giants won the World Series this year against Texas Rangers) and it touched my heart to see him wearing the shirt in Beverley during the day.

I got Stefan (my new fave soloist) a very cute panda hat (from SF) but it was not given to him yet that night. I gave it to one of the chaperones but I wonder if he's ever gonna receive it. *sigh*

And lastly, I was also ecstatic to meet everyone: FDL (again), Yorkie, dani, Murkskis, et al. I was looking for Nicki but didn't see her. :-( Sorry if I missed anybody but it was really nice to finally put faces to names.

Enjoy the video.

[youtube][/youtube]

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

<3 LibeLA
Last edited by LibeLA on Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.