Concert@Epsom Playhouse 18/03/2011

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

deleted.
Last edited by dani on Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
symphonica7
Gold Member

Post by symphonica7 »

I don't understand your attack to this video... There are so many foolish videos on youtube about Libera made by fans...

That video only showed fantastic boys with wonderful voices during a concert, I don't think that video could be bad for them...

And it could be useful to people who live very far and that haven't ever seen Libera in their life.

Most of people can't go to EVERY concert like many of you.

If Libera staff want to delete that video it is up to them!

but, please, don't be ridiculous!

You all are not interested in safety or privacy of the boys but you all want only to show yourselves as faithful fans to parents and staff that read the forum.

One more thing:

Yorkie posted the whole lyric of the new song: compliments! Your memory is amazing!
So many words!!
I think you recorded the concert....so, please, don't write follishness.
We are all fans and we all would like to hear Libera's voices all day long...don't be hypocritical, boys...

p.s. I'm not dj de Paris.
Well said sir.....well said.......
"The most powerful sound in music is silence..."
symphonica7
Gold Member

Post by symphonica7 »

I think you just hit the nail in the head.......my apologies.......but that was spot on.....
"The most powerful sound in music is silence..."
dearmadine
Silver Member

Post by dearmadine »

jjy wrote: Oh yes! Your videos featuring Libera boys as dancing elves make more valuable their image.

I guess videos like those are the real trouble for Libera.

Have you ever think that Libera boys (and their parents) are tired to see their faces used in that stupid way???

Have you ever think that could be the motive they don't want people to take photos?

Concerts' video on youtube could be very useful to show Libera's valour to the world!

...and not stupid videos that show dancing elves...

I don't understand your attack to this video... There are so many foolish videos on youtube about Libera made by fans...

That video only showed fantastic boys with wonderful voices during a concert, I don't think that video could be bad for them...

And it could be useful to people who live very far and that haven't ever seen Libera in their life.

Most of people can't go to EVERY concert like many of you.

If Libera staff want to delete that video it is up to them!

but, please, don't be ridiculous!

You all are not interested in safety or privacy of the boys but you all want only to show yourselves as faithful fans to parents and staff that read the forum.

One more thing:

Yorkie posted the whole lyric of the new song: compliments! Your memory is amazing!
So many words!!
I think you recorded the concert....so, please, don't write follishness.
We are all fans and we all would like to hear Libera's voices all day long...don't be hypocritical, boys...

p.s. I'm not dj de Paris.
First of all, how the heck did you take "I think the hardworking Libera boys and staffs will appreciate if you kindly remove this video. All Libera concert program clearly states that recording of the show is prohibited. I understand the sweet temptation but I hope you respect Libera's wish as many others fans do" as attacking?

I just found it funny how you think that breaking a rule, recording a live performance and publishing it on youtube is completely ok but putting a stupid dancing elves video during holiday season is not. I'm sorry you don't find it funny but I don't think it's fair to compare a silly video to an unauthorized, illegal video recording.
BEAUTIFUL STRANGERS*
http://dearmadine.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Lexi
Silver Member

Post by Lexi »

Wow! I'm exhausted reading this thread! Everything was calm on here when we left for church this morning. Had a big get-together with family for lunch, church tonight. Didn't expect this at all. :shock:

Inna, dani, etc. are right. Libera asks that people not video-tape or take pictures during the concert. It disturbs the performers as well as the audience trying to enjoy the concert (flashes going off, glowing video screens). It's why we turn our cell phones off, too. And Libera has a right to control what performances are released. Ex. - St. John's practice snippets, Japan 2010 concert highlights. I find it strange that Lexi received a comment to her blog asking for any videos of Epsom be sent to an e-mail address. She thought they meant videos of afterwards. Hmmm. Maybe they didn't. (I deleted it.)

Anyway, on a positive note, thank you for all your wonderful reviews. It sounds like it was a stunning concert. I especially loved reading your review, Rebecca. There's nothing like your first Libera concert. So happy that yours was so great. Canada has much to look forward to. :D

It is possible that Stefan is just not feeling well and Ralph is just that good that he can take over all those leads. A friend in the UK told us Stefan was singing all the high notes in church 2 weeks ago but was absent last week and today. Good singers protect their voice and refrain from singing or talking so as not to damage it. Just a thought. Guess we'll know in a few weeks.

Lauren
paopao

Post by paopao »

JimmyRiddle wrote:Rebecca has posted a little epsom review on her blog. http://liberaforever.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hope you don't mind me sharing Rebecca, it came up on a libera search. Your excitement really shows through, and not one mention of the J-word, so you couldn't have missed him that much ;)
thanks Rebecca, excitement is in every word you wrote, i lost count of how many exclamation marks were there in your post :wink: , i enjoyed reading it as much as you enjoyed the concert :) your "I Love Libera" hoodie looks fabulous in the pic!, esp the sparkly <3.. brave girl.
thanks everyone for the fantastic reviews, and very nice job Yorkie for the lyrics! y'all got to witness the premiere of Song of Life!
and i wonder if Stefan was okay, as so many people are worrying about his voice..
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

maartendas wrote:Anyway, I don't want to complain, Exsultate is a nice way of dancing our way from the concert hall to the foyer and onto the sidewalk for some really enthusiastic chats and even being able to say hi and thanks to some of the boys. Er, back on that topic again... No, don't want to discuss that any further ;)
Actually there is one thing I forgot to mention about this. After Daniel, Stefan, Ralph and Ben had left, I was still standing outside the Playhouse talking with fans. When I didn't think anyone else would show up anymore, suddenly there was Liam and a few other boys (though for some reason I can't remember who - Alex? Carlos?) coming out of the Playhouse as well, some of them carrying boxes with stuff that apprently was used for the concert. A few minutes before that, when I had complimented Daniel, I had forgotten to tell him that I hade come all the way from the Netherlands to see Libera and thought, what a pity, I think they should know where their fans come from and how much they appreciate their music that they would travel to another country (even though the Netherlands isn't exactly as far away as Latvia, the US or Asia ;)). So, since Liam etc were coming out of the Playhouse I said as they passed me "thank you! from the Netherlands!" but none of them gave any sign of responding. They just stared straight ahead, pretending not to hear. At least that's how it looked from my perspective, I might be interpreting too much.

There was also a lady with them and I guess she was sort of chaperoning the boys, and I got the sensation that the boys were specifically told to ignore any possible fans waiting outside. I really felt the lady was in charge and the boys had to strain themselves a bit to ignore us. I felt a bit awkward at that moment, I mean - they must have heard me, so at least some of them now know there was a Dutch fan (and I think earlier Lenneke told one of the other boys she was Dutch as well), but - I got the idea that this was deliberate UK policy as discussed before. Also someone mentioned how Ben had said something like "I hope no one sees me doing these pictures and signing" - as if it were indeed not allowed for them to do so.

The whole thing made me feel a bit guilty. I don't want to impose anything at all on the boys, and I hope that any appreciation I showed has not been experienced as negative.
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

jjy wrote:
dani wrote: Yes you can do that. And it would bring a lot less attention to the person who uploaded tonights video. But then they want fame by proxy. So this is all attention seeking.

And are you implying i have uploaded that video?. i dont even have a video camera so if you are then you are barking up the wrong tree.

And this is not breech of copyright. EMI does not own that video you linked to me. Whereas i think you will find EMI own the music on that video uploaded hence copyright law comes into play. Then throw in the fact it was illigal to record the concert.
No, but the video violates the privacy.

I'm not implying you (dani).
I'm just saying that you (some members of the forum) want only to seem very good people because you know parents, staff and libera boys read the forum; but, when you have "illegal" videos, you set up anonymous pages to put the videos.
For me this is hypocrisy.
So, if a person put video on internet, please don't kill him.
is it clear now?

Parents, boys and staff are not stupid... if they want to erase a video they can do it.
Seems I have caused you an immense amount of upset 'jjy' - not sure why you were so offended by my relatively mild post way back on this thread.

Obviously you are a regular poster here and I suspect we might have met at Epsom - do you want to own up as to who you really are?
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Yorkie wrote:
Seems I have caused you an immense amount of upset 'jjy' - not sure why you were so offended by my relatively mild post way back on this thread.

Obviously you are a regular poster here and I suspect we might have met at Epsom - do you want to own up as to who you really are?
Glad to see i am not the only one who thinks this is a regular poster on here. Shame they are too scared to admit who they really are and have had to use a new account.

Last post on the subject .

Just want to say i am shocked and alarmed at some of the behavior that has come out .
Do people honestly not see the creepiness in waiting outside the Epsom playhouse in the dark waiting for boys who are aged 7-16 . Now it may be innocent in you"r eyes but please take a step back and see how the parents must feel and the People around the boys. Why is it suddenly acceptable to try and talk to the boys outside the venue? .. on the way home .

Im starting to realize why the U.K get treated with such distrust as there seems to be a ton of unacceptable behavior going on which i had no clue about .

You all love watching the boys perform so if you want to continue with live Concerts in the u.k , i would take a long hard look at some of the stuff you guys are doing ( it may be innocent in your eyes but from the outside looking in it rings alarm bells) .

This may go down like a lead balloon but i think it needs saying im afraid.

I am shocked by some
Benj
Silver Member

Post by Benj »

If it was made clear that no videos, pictures and autographs will be allowed then there is no debate at all. It is unfair for audience who comply if suddenly there's a redneck who got away with video of the concert.

However i do not believe those who just tried to say hello and get lucky enough to have pictures and autographs outside did anything wrong. This is expected as Libera becomes more famous. That is the price of fame and being public figures.

They are fans, some even come from far away places. And after watching such a spectacular performance nobody can blame them if- in all their excitement- they seek to have a memorabilia like pictures and autographs to take home with them.

There is a simple solution to the video problem that started all this. Notice how many youtube hits it got before it was taken out from public viewing? It means people are very hungry to watch live concerts of Libera on video! It is time for a new concert dvd.

If the management make sure one of those upcoming Canadian concerts be made available in dvd, everybody will be very happy. And i'm sure the boys will be more than willing to sign some of them as well.
Lexi
Silver Member

Post by Lexi »

A video has been posted of scenes from Epsom. It shows the stage before the concert, Tom coming in, and Daniel, Stefan, Ralph and Ben talking to some fans after the concert.

[youtube][/youtube]

Lauren
phlibera
Gold Member

Post by phlibera »

If they don't want ambush autograph signings/meet and greet, they should hire the yellow-shirted guys from the Philippines (appearing in this video below). :lol: :lol: :lol:

[youtube][/youtube]
Sue
Silver Member

Post by Sue »

Are you feeling that fans here rushing against other fans? That's so sad guys & immaturely. :(
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

I think all the hard talk comes from a very soft place - our hearts. There, we have a lot of room for the music and singers of Libera. Because we are fans, and, as Yorkie so kindly explained in the Newbies section earlier ;) all a little crazy too :) Libera means a lot to us and so we devote quite a large amount of our time and energy on that. It's like the name of the French forum: Libera Passion.

But sometimes we need to just take a step back, take a deep breath, and get ourselves away from that. To see that things are not as charged as we make them appear. Yes there are rules and yes people break them. And yes for some of us this is really very annoying. But it's also part of life. If you don't like breaking the rules, don't, stay with your own conscience, follow that in every situation - but please don't judge or call names. It doesn't suit us.

Libera called their latest album Peace - and even released a Peace Deluxe after that. This is their message to the world, which we, as people who love them to a crazy level, can also convey to the world. Libera fans are a wonderfully diverse group of people, connected through the amazing gift of music. We can take the Libera message to heart and carry it forward in our own lives. The Libera fan community, if any, should be able to show the world a "Peace Deluxe" - show that it's not just pretty words, but for real. The choir is for real, our ears and eyes do not deceive us - the harmonies we hear are real, not just sounds but in the whole experience of singing, traveling, touring, rehearsing, laughing, bonding - and even letting go, when the time comes. *THIS* is what Libera means to me, and it's so much more than just the music - even though that in itself is amazing.

There's more to say about what Libera means to me but other people are better in sharing that, I think every fan has their own connection which another fan will recognise and still be a unique connection.

We are a bit like family - we argue sometimes, but we can't ever break up - unless we stop being crazy about Libera. But that's NEVER going to happen ;)

But seriously, let's try to stay in perspective, even if we don't get along all the time. There's so much more that we can share - thanks to Libera, which is our common language, so to speak.

Mercy & Love...
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
phlibera
Gold Member

Post by phlibera »

Honestly speaking, the elf yourself videos creep me out a bit more than the concert footage. It's a bit of in the gray area. It's bordering on what made Tom Cully leave Myspace. The concert footage was definitely conduct unbecoming from a fan because it's specifically prohibited by Libera. But I don't want to comment on the legality or the morality of it.

It would be interesting if this forums disintegrate for what somebody who's not from here posted in Youtube. I can say that he or she's not from here because he/she was seating in the balcony. I believe all LD members were seated on the first row. :)