Concert@Epsom Playhouse 18/03/2011

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

danieb88
Silver Member

Post by danieb88 »

Hello epsom concert goers!
I have a few ques about the concert (sorry its taken so long but ive been mega busy recently!)

When they started with jubilate, did they sing the high "halleluja" bit at the start? if so who did it? also, who sang the solo part?

Was there a link between jubilate and libera?

when they sang song of life, is it stefan who comes in after ralph at first?

thanks guys!
Danie :D
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

danieb88 wrote:Hello epsom concert goers!
I have a few ques about the concert (sorry its taken so long but ive been mega busy recently!)

When they started with jubilate, did they sing the high "halleluja" bit at the start? if so who did it? also, who sang the solo part?

thanks guys!
You could ask these things at the time - us oldies do have memory problems you know.

Going back to my notes I can confirm they did do the high halleluja start but not sure who did it (not Stefan though). There was no link between Jubilate and Libera they sang the line of one song and went straight in to a line of the next.

Song of Life starts with Ralph alone on the first verse, with some harmony 'aaahhhs' in the background. My notes then list Stefan, Jonathan, Kavana & Sam but I think they were performing a harmony part as opposed to singing words (although my notes don't specify that and I can't remember myself). It then went in to the chorus with multiple boys singing whilst others did more harmony parts.

#edit#I just listened to the YouTube clip and I think if the concert was like the recording it could be Stefan that joins Ralph at the end of the first verse.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
libera36

Post by libera36 »

thanks guys!
On Jubilate, I seem to remember somebody telling me that Ralph did the "hallelujah" part, with Mini-James joining in, and then Freddie and Mini-James did the "angels holy, high and lowly" part...

And on Song of Life, perhaps it was Mini-James who comes in after Ralph? I think he is the second soloist listed...
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

libera36 wrote:

thanks guys!
On Jubilate, I seem to remember somebody telling me that Ralph did the "hallelujah" part, with Mini-James joining in, and then Freddie and Mini-James did the "angels holy, high and lowly" part...

And on Song of Life, perhaps it was Mini-James who comes in after Ralph? I think he is the second soloist listed...
To be honest I would have guessed Ralph for the hallelujah but it would have been a guess so I left that out.

If mini-James sang a main part on Song of Life then I completely missed it! Where is he listed as singing the song?

Mercy & Love
libera36

Post by libera36 »

Yorkie wrote:To be honest I would have guessed Ralph for the hallelujah but it would have been a guess so I left that out.

If mini-James sang a main part on Song of Life then I completely missed it! Where is he listed as singing the song?
Well, I can't confirm that about Ralph, I read so many reports of the concert that I can't remember where that little tidbit of information came from, if it is indeed true.

The bit about Mini-James is in this thread: http://www.libera-dreams.com/forum/view ... c&start=30

It's about the studio recording though, so perhaps they did it differently at the concert!
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

libera36 wrote:
Yorkie wrote:To be honest I would have guessed Ralph for the hallelujah but it would have been a guess so I left that out.

Well, I can't confirm that about Ralph, I read so many reports of the concert that I can't remember where that little tidbit of information came from, if it is indeed true.

The bit about Mini-James is in this thread: http://www.libera-dreams.com/forum/view ... c&start=30

It's about the studio recording though, so perhaps they did it differently at the concert!
Got you. Interesting - if James did the studio recording I think it is certain he sang it at Epsom too. I must have fallen asleep :shock:

Mercy & Love
lucyjubilate

Post by lucyjubilate »

Yorkie wrote:
libera36 wrote:

Got you. Interesting - if James did the studio recording I think it is certain he sang it at Epsom too. I must have fallen asleep :shock:
I guess there's some misunderstanding here, maybe something to do with the google translated webpage... The Japanese site did not mention Mini James did the solo part, he was only interviewed together with Ralph and expressed his impression in recording the new song.

For Jubilate, I tend to believe the first Alleluia was done by some older boy, maybe Ralph or Jakob, then joined by Mini James. But the stage was too dark to make this clear.
Sue
Silver Member

Post by Sue »

thanks guys!
Jubilate, Epsom soloists: Carlos, James & Freddy
At Epsom concert the start of the song was done a bit different as in the old music video. The 'halleluja's ' in another melody. One of the halleluja's was done by James Mordaunt. Also, he sang the 'angel's holy..' -parts in a duet with Frederick Ingles.

In 'Song Of Life' at Epsom, Stefan sang no parts.
danieb88
Silver Member

Post by danieb88 »

thanks for the info guys!
i hadnt ever heard jubilate until it was listed as being played in epsom but now i love it - wish i could have seen it :)
Danie :D
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Sue wrote:
In 'Song Of Life' at Epsom, Stefan sang no parts.
By parts do you mean solos? If so I agree but he did sing some part in the song because I wrote it down at the time - only thing is I can't remember exactly what part he did!

Mercy & Love
phlibera
Gold Member

Post by phlibera »

Yorkie wrote:By parts do you mean solos? If so I agree but he did sing some part in the song because I wrote it down at the time - only thing is I can't remember exactly what part he did!
So basically you're admitting your age? :lol: