Concert in Arundel - 15 May 2010

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

phlibera
Gold Member

Post by phlibera »

JimmyRiddle wrote:It generally ranges from averages of autumn (10-12c), winter (4-7c), spring (9-13c), summer (20-23c).

Those are averages though, we've already cracked 25c today and this winter just gone was particularly harsh with some overnight lows getting as low as -18c.
Wow, the highest of those averages are the coolest averages here (except for the highlands). And it's interesting that you have some unusual temperatures there this year because we are experiencing the same thing here. It's unusually hot here this summer. Hotter than the usual... Hope Libera enjoyed their stay here under some hotter than usual Philippine summer weather. :)
JoelinMkt
Silver Member

Post by JoelinMkt »

phlibera wrote:
JimmyRiddle wrote:It generally ranges from averages of autumn (10-12c), winter (4-7c), spring (9-13c), summer (20-23c).

Those are averages though, we've already cracked 25c today and this winter just gone was particularly harsh with some overnight lows getting as low as -18c.
Wow, the highest of those averages are the coolest averages here (except for the highlands). And it's interesting that you have some unusual temperatures there this year because we are experiencing the same thing here. It's unusually hot here this summer. Hotter than the usual... Hope Libera enjoyed their stay here under some hotter than usual Philippine summer weather. :)
Well, if you check, the days they were here showed a mild dip in the otherwise oppressive tropical summer heat of Manila. It actually rained on their first day here -a rarity for a Manila summer. It was after they left that Manila started to feel like the surface of the sun (we've been roasting in the mid to high nineties in fahrenheit/high thirties in Centigrade)

The climactic adventure in travelling through England is not so much the temperature as it is the propensity to have four seasons in one day.
"I am not hopeless. It's just, I'm not very good" - Michael Horncastle
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Thing to remember about the UK is that the entire country lies within the same latitude as Canada. Weather in winter should be diabolically cold and have a lot of snow but we get the benefit of the North Atlantic Drift (aka the Gulf Stream) which is a current of warm water starting in the Gulf of Mexico and crossing the Atlantic to keep us nice and warm in winter.

The downside is that it also brings us quite a bit of rain! I was at York races yesterday and got a bit burnt! It was still 22c when I was coming home at 9.30 in the evening - us Brits are not built to deal with these kinds of temperatures!

I just wish we could have had this weather a week ago to show off to all the Libera fans that had traveled from overseas - I'm biased but there really is no finer place to be than the UK country side in the warm sunshine :D
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

JoelinMkt wrote: The climactic adventure in travelling through England is not so much the temperature as it is the propensity to have four seasons in one day.
Oh yes, I remember the queuing on 15th May- we had sunny and rainy and windy moments following each other in very short time :)
Yorkie wrote: The downside is that it also brings us quite a bit of rain! I was at York races yesterday and got a bit burnt! It was still 22c when I was coming home at 9.30 in the evening - us Brits are not built to deal with these kinds of temperatures!

I just wish we could have had this weather a week ago to show off to all the Libera fans that had traveled from overseas - I'm biased but there really is no finer place to be than the UK country side in the warm sunshine :D .
What racing it was?
I hope no serious burns ! Could be a trouble to sleep normally for a few days !! :(

The weather was getting better every day of the last week !
I remember me sitting in the wicker chair in the hotel garden with the small earphones on and listening to Libera's songs in the warm afternoon the day before leaving ! :D Oh the good times 8)
skinjob

Post by skinjob »

"...Should I mention that I visited Libera concert ?...."

Who?
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

Oh, I'm sorry, my English needs further improvements! Libera's concert, of course ! :)
skinjob

Post by skinjob »

Murkskis

I knew what you meant.
I was joking.
If I had not heard of Libera I would not be on this forum.
Sorry.
Flora
Silver Member

Post by Flora »

Libera, Libera--name sounds familiar. That's an astrological sign, right? ♥

I've heard horror stories about the weather in the UK, but it seems nice! I'm a fan of rain. How is the humidity there, and in Manila?

Also, this is really late, but thanks so much to everyone here who brought us info about the Arundel concert. I was hoping for a brief recap of the concert, and now there are 23 pages of info! Amazing!
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Don't forget to regularly check the french forum, new photos are still added everyday, even one week after the concert ! :D

Here the last ones, from Caaassy and myself :)

Dont be surprised by my first photo : I have created it by stiching together 4 photos, it's visible at some details, like the microphones supports ;)
Nikki178
Silver Member

Post by Nikki178 »

fan_de_LoK wrote:Don't forget to regularly check the french forum, new photos are still added everyday, even one week after the concert ! :D

Dont be surprised by my first photo : I have created it by stiching together 4 photos, it's visible at some details, like the microphones supports ;)
I like the picture with Josh and James T. beside each other. James is soooo adorable! :)
phlibera
Gold Member

Post by phlibera »

Flora wrote:I've heard horror stories about the weather in the UK, but it seems nice! I'm a fan of rain. How is the humidity there, and in Manila?
I love the rains, too, mostly because of the cool temperature they bring with them. It rains here a lot in the wet season, especially in the southern islands of the Philippines where it would rain almost daily during the season. Humidity here is on the 70's year-round. My only real problem with rains is when I'm caught unprepared (like in the middle of walking from one place to another). :) Libera came here last year in the Philippines a month after Manila was flooded. Flooding of that magnitude is rare, though, even though around 20 tropical storms pass by our country every year.

Fan_de_LoK, thanks for the (link to the) pictures over at the French forum. Is that during "Sanctissima"? Were you allowed to take pictures during performance?
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

All pictures with the boys on stage were taken at the end of the concert, during the photos session ;)
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

fan_de_LoK wrote:Don't forget to regularly check the french forum, new photos are still added everyday, even one week after the concert ! :D

Nice pics fan_de_LoK - good effort on the stitch photo. I noticed on one of the video's posted by the french visitors, that they had the spotlights on libera to help with the lighting. Something they didn't have on their Celtic tour. So that should help with taking better quality pictures.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

A video found by Treble over on the French forum - I think I should request a royalty for appearing and making the whole thing interesting :D

dani & Didzis, don't go saying anything now.......

[youtube][/youtube]
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
Molly Weasley

Post by Molly Weasley »

Aww... While they are walking, Liam stops Cassius from walking into a car.