Concert in Arundel - 15 May 2010

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

Yorkie wrote: I have to say that convenient a location as St Mary's Gate Inn was, it wasn't the highest quality of accommodation I've ever stayed in. I think I might try the Swan next time - costs more but when you get to a certain age you need the luxury of extra soft toilet tissue.

Oh, and please ask Patrick about his shower - he might even post the picture if you're really lucky! :lol:
Location of St Mary's Gate Inn was just perfect !
And the beer was really good :wink:
Lucky me again that they didn't have free rooms when I did the booking for Arundel.
I would recommend Arundel Park hotel- very nice and clean, but a bit more expensive. Should pass the famous Yorkshire standards ! :lol:
Because I noticed, Yorkie, you are referring to the cleanness issues strongly (firstly- the worrying condition of the shower ; secondly- alarming about a few spots on some black T-shirts).
We could put your talents in use and ask you to be a chaperon for the fans ? :lol:
Should I reveal you a shocking fact I had with myself 3 t-shirts for the 7 days I spent in UK ? :oops: :lol:
P.S. Anyway , returned today back home after having a perfect week ! Can't stop thinking about the next concert :)
phlibera
Gold Member

Post by phlibera »

Murkskis wrote:Should I reveal you a shocking fact I had with myself 3 t-shirts for the 7 days I spent in UK ? :oops: :lol:
Oh, you shouldn't have revealed that. Yorkie will never look at you the same way again. :lol: 7 days eh? Good for you!
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Cleanliness - must be a middle aged thing I guess :wink:

I have to say we were very unlucky with the weather last week - we have had some great temperatures this week and Saturday will be 27c (81f in old money) in London, where as last week I guess it was about 16c (60f) with a cold North wind to make it feel colder still.

Glad you got back home safely Murkskis - what did you get up to for your last few days in London?
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
phlibera
Gold Member

Post by phlibera »

Yorkie wrote:Saturday will be 27c (81f in old money) in London, where as last week I guess it was about 16c (60f) with a cold North wind to make it feel colder still.
Hey Yorkie, I'm curious what's the temperature ranges in London for each season? Here in the Philippines, we get around 20c-35c pretty much all year round. We only have summer and wet/rainy seasons in a year.
Nikki178
Silver Member

Post by Nikki178 »

This might have been brought up already and I just missed it but I heard there's 11 new boys in the Arundel concert? I don't think any of them were included in "Peace" except for Mine Akpobome. And is it true there's another Madine? :)

*I just saw the scans of the Arundel programme. turns out there are two Akpobome boys. Mine was the one in the CD leaflet. Wow, suddenly lots of brothers in Libera. :)
Last edited by Nikki178 on Fri May 21, 2010 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
phlibera
Gold Member

Post by phlibera »

That's true Nikki. I think their names were included in the concert program, scans of which were shared by Fan_de_LoK somewhere (maybe in this thread or maybe in another). And yes, there's a Matthew Madine in that list.
Nikki178
Silver Member

Post by Nikki178 »

Josh's brother? :D Cute.
phlibera
Gold Member

Post by phlibera »

Nikki178 wrote:Josh's brother? :D Cute.
That we don't know. :) We better remember to ask Josh that the next time they're here in the Philippines, assuming he will still be part of the touring members of Libera.
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

phlibera wrote:
Murkskis wrote:Should I reveal you a shocking fact I had with myself 3 t-shirts for the 7 days I spent in UK ? :oops: :lol:
Oh, you shouldn't have revealed that. Yorkie will never look at you the same way again. :lol: 7 days eh? Good for you!
No worries :lol: , because I'm just making some fun of it !
I expected this to be picked up somehow and let the story continue afterwards. :lol:
Because when I'm in office, I change my clothes every day, of course.
The key for exception is the limits of cabin luggage allowed by Ryanair. It's 10 kg. And expected temperatures below 20 degrees- the quess was quite close. Expected usable showers in every hotel- lucky again they had :)
I don't like to bother about many luggage items. Especially this time because of the 3 switches - initialy stayed in London, then Arundel, then London again. I like freedom and I planned carefully every item to take with me in order to keep mobility and lower the total costs. For example, I was able to walk around and explore everything with all my luggage with me !

Yorkie will remember that on the train back to London I had only one bag with me ! :wink:

Considering the weights- I had my laptop (I requested for Wi fi in every hotel), London guide book and just limited the wardrobe items. I even managed to do some shopping on my way home. :wink:

What I saw or/and visited - Regents Park, London Tower, Millenium Bridge, St. Paul's cathedral (but unfortunately I didn't managed that on Sunday when there was a choir performance), Arundel old streets, Arundel castle, a pub in Arundel, Arundel cathedral :lol: , Kew gardens, London Zoo and a lot of London center, another London pub and London underground as well.
Should I mention that I visited Libera concert ? :lol:
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Murkskis wrote:For example, I was able to walk around and explore everything with all my luggage with me !

Yorkie will remember that on the train back to London I had only one bag with me ! :wink:
Men can do that, I've stayed 2 nights in Dublin with just my rucksack on my back. Makes a big difference when you don't have to worry about suitcases and bags of this and bags of that.
phlibera wrote:
Nikki178 wrote:Josh's brother? :D Cute.
That we don't know. :) We better remember to ask Josh that the next time they're here in the Philippines, assuming he will still be part of the touring members of Libera.
If Mathew is Josh's brother, well regardless really, they must be related, I wonder if we'll get a photo of the whole dynasty clan. Josh, Alex, Sam, Jacob and now Mathew. There is a photo with the 4 together, but will there now be an opportunity to snap the complete set! ;)
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

phlibera wrote:
Yorkie wrote:Saturday will be 27c (81f in old money) in London, where as last week I guess it was about 16c (60f) with a cold North wind to make it feel colder still.
Hey Yorkie, I'm curious what's the temperature ranges in London for each season? Here in the Philippines, we get around 20c-35c pretty much all year round. We only have summer and wet/rainy seasons in a year.
It generally ranges from averages of autumn (10-12c), winter (4-7c), spring (9-13c), summer (20-23c).

Those are averages though, we've already cracked 25c today and this winter just gone was particularly harsh with some overnight lows getting as low as -18c.
kthomp
Silver Member

Post by kthomp »

this winter was awful it got to about -5 here, the roads seemed to always be icy :(, this summer looks promising for sun though, its meant to get to 27c here :D even though me and sun dont get along with my general fair hair and pale skin
When you miss me just look up to the night sky and remember, I'm like a star; sometimes you can't see me, but I'm always there.
irishoreo
Gold Member

Post by irishoreo »

kthomp wrote:this winter was awful it got to about -5 here, the roads seemed to always be icy :(, this summer looks promising for sun though, its meant to get to 27c here :D even though me and sun dont get along with my general fair hair and pale skin

try being black and absorbing all of that skin cancer which most darker skinned individuals cannot see lol
Deshaun(day-shawn!)

"Music is my Refuge. I can just crawl in between the spaces of the notes and curl my back to the loneliness."- Maya Angelou
Nikki178
Silver Member

Post by Nikki178 »

kthomp wrote:this winter was awful it got to about -5 here, the roads seemed to always be icy :(, this summer looks promising for sun though, its meant to get to 27c here :D even though me and sun dont get along with my general fair hair and pale skin
Try visiting the Philippines. 27c is cold for us. 8) I heard a few days ago we hit 37.5c. :shock:
phlibera
Gold Member

Post by phlibera »

JimmyRiddle wrote:I wonder if we'll get a photo of the whole dynasty clan. Josh, Alex, Sam, Jacob and now Mathew. There is a photo with the 4 together, but will there now be an opportunity to snap the complete set! ;)
Got a feeling that it won't happen, at least not here in the Philippines. Maybe in domestic tours. Sam and Josh are on their way out as touring members and Matthew M. isn't even a touring member yet.