Concert in Arundel - 15 May 2010

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Concert in Arundel - 15 May 2010

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Just announced on the official site :
In other news, we are pleased to announce a concert to be held at Arundel Cathedral on 15th May 2010. Details to follow, (but please do not contact the Cathedral).
http://www.libera.org.uk/news.htm#PAL_Arundel" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by fan_de_LoK on Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Traditional concert venue. Will this be 3rd year running?

Le Parisiens are probably closer to Arudel than I am, I expect some will make it across the channel to the pictoresque little market town in the South Downs?
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Woo-Hoo i can finally go see them again :)
plumpuff6
Silver Member

Post by plumpuff6 »

dani wrote:Woo-Hoo i can finally go see them again :)
So lucky...Wish I lived in the UK...so I would have a better chance of seeing Libera live!
et laudate Domino in laetitia
et cantate Domino gloria
saecula et saeculorum, Alleluia
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

JimmyRiddle wrote:Traditional concert venue. Will this be 3rd year running?
Yes, third year in Arundel : 2007, 2009, 2010 :)
JimmyRiddle wrote:Le Parisiens are probably closer to Arundel than I am, I expect some will make it across the channel to the pictoresque little market town in the South Downs?
Just looked on Google map, the distance from Paris is about 600 Km. Not so bad ! :)
Yes, you can expect to hear some french and Belgian people in front of the Cathedral gates ;)

The Hotel I was targeting (Ste Mary's Gate) is already full ! :roll:

Too bad, Look how near it is from the Cathedral !! :lol:
phlibera
Gold Member

Post by phlibera »

@fan_de_LoK: That's pretty darn close! Did you happen to inquire if a bunch of choristers are staying there at the dates you wanted to book? :lol: :lol:
chix
Silver Member

Post by chix »

Wow, that is really close. hahahah
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

phlibera wrote:@fan_de_LoK: That's pretty darn close! Did you happen to inquire if a bunch of choristers are staying there at the dates you wanted to book? :lol: :lol:
Last year they went straight home as they had Sunday Services at St Phillips.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

fan_de_LoK wrote:The Hotel I was targeting (Ste Mary's Gate) is already full ! :roll:

Yes that would have been very handy, there should be other places available nearby if you book early.

I remember the pictures taken last year of the boys walking to the Cathedral in their white monk habits. Not exactly a sight you see everyday lol
danieb88
Silver Member

Post by danieb88 »

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh im so excited!!! now to get about £70 together so i can go....
Thanks for the info, thats made my day SOOOO much better (now i have something to look forward to once my dissertation is handed in!!!) woop woop!!
Danie :D
irishoreo
Gold Member

Post by irishoreo »

soooooo how much is a plane trip to england around that time? lol
Deshaun(day-shawn!)

"Music is my Refuge. I can just crawl in between the spaces of the notes and curl my back to the loneliness."- Maya Angelou
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

JimmyRiddle wrote:
fan_de_LoK wrote:The Hotel I was targeting (Ste Mary's Gate) is already full ! :roll:

Yes that would have been very handy, there should be other places available nearby if you book early.
Great news (for me :lol:) : I have finaly a room At St Marys Gate Inn !! :D
Two month ago I have booked a room at St Marys Gate, being totally blind and not sure at all that Libera will turn back in Arundel this year ! :lol:
So I tried to guess what could be a concert date and I booked a room for two night. I missed the right date by one week !

Yesterday night St Marys Gate seemed to be full when I checked on internet, so I sent them a cancelation email, but tonight they have contacted me saying a room was available for two night, 14 and 15 May ! I took it immediately of course !! :D

JimmyRiddle wrote:I remember the pictures taken last year of the boys walking to the Cathedral in their white monk habits. Not exactly a sight you see everyday lol
You are probabely refering to these photos I took last year :)
Image Image Image Image Image Image

Strange to compare that in Asia the boys are asked to encounter the public, doing Meet and greets and so, while in UK they are asked to hide from the public, wearing hoods at the deepest level.... :roll:
I hope this year things will be more open, with maybe an Meet and greet ? :lol: :wink:
Choirfan
Silver Member

Post by Choirfan »

Oh god.

I have already booked a holiday to Tunisia from may 8th to 15th. I get back to ireland on the 15th. Can i really justify or is it even possible to get to England for this concert.

Maybe they will have another soon after. Damn what a pity.
"You are not alone"
phlibera
Gold Member

Post by phlibera »

@fan_de_LoK Are they going to the concert already when you took those pictures? Because in the Philippine concerts, a few minutes before the start, I saw them just like that, hoods and all, walking the hallway toward the backstage. We didn't take any pictures because we didn't expect to see them there at all. I thought they had super secret way to the backstage. :lol:
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

They were going to the church for the rehearsal, it was about 16h (with concert at 19h).
So yes, they probabely were hooded to keep concentration and all ;)

One thing can be noted : there was 4 concerts in europe last year : no meet and greet at all. There was 8 concerts in asia and US : all had a meet and greet session before or after, or both.

I'm not sure this can change with Arundel 2010 :lol:
If they ends the concert late in the evening they have to leave quickly because the next day morning they have to sing the mass at St Philip ;)