Live at Arundel - The concert in May 2009

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

Song you'd like most to hear at Arundel?

Locus iste
5%
Adoramus
No votes
Love and Mercy
No votes
Always With You
14%
Libera
No votes
Salva Me
No votes
You Were There
19%
How Can I Keep From Singing?
33%
...something else (indicate in reply)
29%

Total votes: 21

Lady Lolly

Post by Lady Lolly »

Fair enough :) Thank you so much Kj for checking this all out and making sure its legitimate.. Thats all we need to know.
Liberation
Silver Member

Post by Liberation »

So, that mail is probably not from Libera ?
Than they can get in trouble by acting like it is, isn't it ?
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

kjackson 83's last post indicates that the message posted on the french site probably was from an official source.

If you think of it, we really don't want to encourage people to make recordings during a performance. Anyone ever been to a school play or concert? Remember all the parents cluttering the aisles with camera's and recording equipment? We don't want folks like that cluttering up England's churches do we? Even the guy who stays in his seat annoys someone in the audience if he holds his camera above his head to get a clearer shot.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

kjackson83 wrote:
Lady Lolly wrote:Exactly, that's what I dont understand.. and of all the videos that are out there? Why these ones?
The videos, I can see, might be different: videos involve music, which is definitely copyrighted...in my uni music programme, we weren't allowed to record musical performances because works were under copyright. Now I can see where they would be leery of someone setting up a camera system and recording a concert, since people who can listen to whatever-it-is online have probably a 50/50 chance at best of buying an actual CD or digital copy of the same song...

...but on the other hand, it builds the fanbase: how many of us came to Libera primarily through YouTube? My guess is, a vast majority of the membership (I'm an old codger ;) Libera didn't have a website, still less a YT account, when I came to them :D ).

They might be concerned that the videos are reaching excessive numbers, or it might just be a shift in "official policy."

In any case, I understand it's a fine line: people want to support the group--no one's putting out videos simply to screw Libera (or EMI--BLAH!) over...at the same time, though, it may have a real financial impact. I've noted their relatively recent interest in soliciting donations--perfectly legitimate, but also a new trend. I wonder if they're hurting financially in this global economic malaise...
Hi guys.

I'm a new Libera fan (yes, this is my first post) of all of two weeks. I found Libera on YouTube. I liked them. I illegally downloaded all the albums. I fell in love with them. I have now bought all their albums from Amazon (and I mean every one that they sell + the DVD including the St Phillip's boys choir stuff).

So yes, I think I'm proof that YouTube does bring in new fans and that those fans can help to support Libera by buying their records.
libera36

Post by libera36 »

Welcome to the forum Yorkie! That was how I started listening to Libera, too. Then I bought 3/4 of their songs through Amazon mp3's and now I own all the albums that have been released since they became Libera. With the exception of "Libera", but I'm going to get that one soon! :P
Lady Lolly

Post by Lady Lolly »

I'm soo glad you bought all of them, it just goes to show that people do appreciate having the real thing..:)

Just to clarify too.. that I do completely 100% Stand by the statement that there should be absolutly no audio/video recordings during the concert...

I was just referring to the videos of the boys before the concert and during the photoshoot :)...

I do think that someone else was right and it was more about the audio recordings, and someone decided to comply and took everything down out of respect.. :)

We all love Libera !! :)
kjackson83

Post by kjackson83 »

libera36 wrote:Welcome to the forum Yorkie! That was how I started listening to Libera, too. Then I bought 3/4 of their songs through Amazon mp3's and now I own all the albums that have been released since they became Libera. With the exception of "Libera", but I'm going to get that one soon! :P
Libera36: could you start a new thread under General Chat for YT discussion? Let's move over there for that if possible. I'm on commute at the moment and can't...
Last edited by kjackson83 on Tue May 12, 2009 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kjackson83

Post by kjackson83 »

Ok--because the YT discussion is of distinct importance, let's start putting it on a dedicated thread:

viewtopic.php?p=7256#7256
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

I've added to the 'Youtube or not to Youtube thread'

Just been reading the last few pages, and from RiseInGlory’s post (which I totally agree with, that the YouTube video’s of the Arundel meet and greet and of the Libera boys approaching the cathedral in their white robes were most likely removed by the owner. Irrespective of this being a lost in translation mishap or ‘spat the dummy out’ reaction, the owner probably removed the videos after receiving a request from Libera to remove the ‘concert audio recordings’ that they hosted on their website with all the other video’s and pictures. I don’t believe the message from Libera they have put on their website, is an exact copy of what they received. Don’t forget, English is not their native tongue, so it could have been translated back and forth. Trust me, Libera would have not started their message with 'Hallo' :lol: especially on such a serious issue.

I notice the exact same three video’s have now been posted again, but have been set to private invitation only by user diachan1963 - Just shows you that once you put something into cyberspace, you’ve lost all ownership of it in many respects.
libera36

Post by libera36 »

That's what I was figuring, because "Hallo" is not really the most appropriate way to address a breach of trust... Maybe that's why the message comes out a little bit rough too, if its been translated to French, and then back to English!
carina_gino20
Platinum Member

Post by carina_gino20 »

libera36 wrote:if its been translated to French, and then back to English!
err...if the original message was in English, why would they have to translate from English to French and then back to English? Or maybe in keeping with Libera's songs, the original was in Latin? :P
"I'm drowning here, and you're describing the water!" - Melvin Udall

Jude Andrew
Gold Member

Post by Jude Andrew »

It looks like there was just a couple of typo's on the French webmasters part, for whatever reason. It has since been validated as coming from Libera (originally) so is therefore taken as granted. We should draw a line under this particular discussion and move on :wink: .
libera36

Post by libera36 »

Good idea Jude Andrew :)
kjackson83

Post by kjackson83 »

-- Unrelated to thread--

If you haven't already, please read the following post carefully:
http://libera-dreams.com/forum/viewtopi" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... =7538#7538

-- back to thread! --
TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

danieb88 wrote:Far Away - I think mini ben did a good job of this song (and im hard to impress because i love toms version!) Kavana was great on the high notes! also i noticed tom miming along the words right at the beginning - it must be quite hard for him!

I know I am a little late, actually alot late, in replying to this. Sorry about that. :wink:
I do feel so very sorry for Tom. I think he was totally unprepared for the emotional impact of his voice change. I've been worried about him and this issue for more than a few years. Right after I saw the promotional video for Free when he says he loves singing high notes so much, I started to worry.
I do sincerely hope he is getting encourgement from everyone in the group. I am sure Michael Horncastle will be able to help him alot. Michael was the lead soloist for alot longer than Tom was and he seems to have adapted rather well. Just think for Michael, Mini Ben is the 2nd boy to get his solo. Far Away was written for him.
I think the transition will be easier for Josh. He is learning so much behind the scenes that he will have plenty to do when his voice breaks, which I am sure will be before 2009 is over.
Tom B.
Proud to be an American
Clan Farquharson, Scotland

"I AM THE DAWN OF ALL TIME."