Live at Arundel - The concert in May 2009

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

Song you'd like most to hear at Arundel?

Locus iste
5%
Adoramus
No votes
Love and Mercy
No votes
Always With You
14%
Libera
No votes
Salva Me
No votes
You Were There
19%
How Can I Keep From Singing?
33%
...something else (indicate in reply)
29%

Total votes: 21

worshipper28
Silver Member

Post by worshipper28 »

I agree what you say about Tom. Every boy in libera shal have this experience, who is next? But who nows his feelings?. For big fans as we are it looks a kind of tragredie, but maybe his feelings are not so negative as we think So we shall never forget his perseverance to become a perfect treble " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

I think we all know that Tom would of been gutted. Sure he knew it was coming but c'mon we all knew he was one of the boys that lived for singing. He said so in loads of interviews and it just showed though.
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

Does anyone know if it's true that Michael Horncastle and Callum have left Libera?
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

TullyBascombe wrote:Does anyone know if it's true that Michael Horncastle and Callum have left Libera?
Didnt Callum leave last year ? And Michael is 16 or about to turn 16 so maybe he has now gone on to the adult choir.
ripster

Post by ripster »

TEB wrote:Michael was the lead soloist for a lot longer than Tom was and he seems to have adapted rather well.
I think Tom's been a longer serving soloist than Michael. If we are led to believe that his voice has now gone through the boy2man transgression - that makes Tom's solo duties 2001 (There is a Green Hill sop) to 2009 (You were There) = 8 years. With Libera getting more popular over the last 3 years and being invited to sing at more extravagant events, Tom has probably set the record for the most TV performances featuring a live solo too.
worshipper28
Silver Member

Post by worshipper28 »

About the fact of leaving from Callum + Michael.. Callum said in Torquay he would stay with the choir to help libera just as Ben Crawley and Sam . He said it to Dennis from the Swedisch website
The best is to wait and ask it in one of the concerts on the Celtictour !
TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

From what I've heard from my friend, who just came back from London to see them at Arundel, both Michael and Callum are still members of the group. Callum is not planning on leaving at all, staying on like Steven and Big Ben, just like worshipper28 says. I am unsure on Michael's future intentions. I just think that they will be only performing in local tours and not the international ones anymore. That is just my own gut feeling though and not based on anything I've heard.

And I do agree with what Dani says about maybe not being ready for the change, even if you are somewhat prepared. When I was in high school, I played french horn. I played a school instrument, thinking that my parents were paying on a rent to own plan. Imagine my surprise when I had to turn my horn in upon graduation. The heartache is just the same as loosing ones trebel voice.
Tom B.
Proud to be an American
Clan Farquharson, Scotland

"I AM THE DAWN OF ALL TIME."
tcenrt
Silver Member

Post by tcenrt »

We are all hoping the best for Tom, and I am very sure that RP and other adults that are involved with Libera will try their best to guide him through this transition period. Somehow I don't think that Tom is taking it as hard as Michael did (I see that sad smile of Michael in the DVD during 'Far Away', really, I don't think that Michael has been prepared for that. It happens as if overnight) :cry:
Hey, remember how much we want to be 'older' when we were young. As much as we want to hold on to that beautiful treble voice ( maybe it's our own selfishness), I am sure that Tom is happy to become a young adult. (Really....Not everyone wants to be Peter Pan, or Michael Jackson) :lol: :lol:

Ann
'Let me go where'er I will,
I hear a sky-born music still:
It sounds from all things old,
It sounds from all things young,
From all that's fair, from all that's foul,
Peals out a cheerful song.'
~Ralph Waldo Emerson
Rich
Silver Member

Post by Rich »

TullyBascombe wrote:Does anyone know if it's true that Michael Horncastle and Callum have left Libera?
When I visited St. Philips 2 months ago, Michael was singing with the adults during the Evensong service.

Rich
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Rich wrote:
When I visited St. Philips 2 months ago, Michael was singing with the adults during the Evensong service.

Rich

So what older boys sing in the adults chior ?> Does Steven or Ben still sing in that?
Last edited by dani on Fri May 29, 2009 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
worshipper28
Silver Member

Post by worshipper28 »

think in summertime at this , if you go to Norbury to see them sing ,for they are not there
http://www.achurchnearyou.com/norbury-s" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... page/9171/
TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

tcenrt wrote:We are all hoping the best for Tom,
Ann

I just happened to think that maybe someone will think my comments about Tom mean I don't like him. That is very far from the truth. He is my name sake after all. I actually like him alot and would probably seek him out to talk to at a meet and greet from hearing from a certain friend of mine that Tom is always open and friendly to all. I just feel sad for him.
Tom B.
Proud to be an American
Clan Farquharson, Scotland

"I AM THE DAWN OF ALL TIME."
libera36

Post by libera36 »

worshipper28 wrote:think in summertime at this , if you go to Norbury to see them sing ,for they are not there
http://www.achurchnearyou.com/norbury-s" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... page/9171/
I was just wondering about this the other day... Are the boys actually away from home for the whole month, or do they just get a break from singing at services for a month?
Rich
Silver Member

Post by Rich »

dani wrote:
Rich wrote:

Rich

So what older boys sing in the adults chior ?> Does Steven or Ben still sing in that?
Ben was the only other adult I recognized that was singing that evening. And believe me, he was easy to recognize. He's not called Big Ben for nothing!

Rich
Last edited by Rich on Fri May 29, 2009 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rich
Silver Member

Post by Rich »

libera36 wrote:
worshipper28 wrote:think in summertime at this , if you go to Norbury to see them sing ,for they are not there
I was just wondering about this the other day... Are the boys actually away from home for the whole month, or do they just get a break from singing at services for a month?
They just get a break. This is their normal summer vacation, um, holiday. :wink: The policy of not singing on Sundays during school holidays has been in place for as long as I've been visiting them.

Rich