Live at Arundel - The concert in May 2009

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

Song you'd like most to hear at Arundel?

Locus iste
5%
Adoramus
No votes
Love and Mercy
No votes
Always With You
14%
Libera
No votes
Salva Me
No votes
You Were There
19%
How Can I Keep From Singing?
33%
...something else (indicate in reply)
29%

Total votes: 21

kjackson83

Post by kjackson83 »

Lady Lolly wrote:Something like this should have sufficed I would think... "something as tactfull as saying....

"We really appreciate your support for Libera, but i'm afrad that we may not allow videos or audio taken at our concerts, we have added that to our fliers. We would appreciate it if you kindly removed the videos as soon as possible... Thank you for your understanding..

Although I love everyone in Libera, i'm not saying they are rude or worded it wrong... i'm just saying.. seems a little "fishy" LOL
Yes, exactly: I've only exchanged email with the people in charge over there twice, but both times it was highly professional--and we can all see their notes and whatnot--frankly, the kids (especially Josh) write better and more coherently than this "message" was--much less the people actually in charge and responsible for unleashing those kinds of warnings.

Look: I'm almost willing to bet this isn't real at all. We'll have to wait for definite word from the people in charge over there one way or the other, but what it feels like, candidly, is a message written by a Francophone ("hallo", for example) trying to pound out something in English...that's my $0.02, anyway.
Lady Lolly

Post by Lady Lolly »

LOL... and a good 2 cents it is haha.. I agree with you whole heartedly... I thought maybe the Hallo, would be bad translation from french.. but Libera wouldn't be speaking in French LOL, I had to think about that..

I agree with you... I've been a fan for years now, I jsut never joined any forums lol.. I've never seen Libera officials respond this way, I think they are much more, hmm intellingent isnt' the word, althought they are, they have much more ettiquite ( sp?)...

you hit the nail on the head KJ.. :).... I need to figure out howto do the quote thing now :roll: LOL
kjackson83

Post by kjackson83 »

Lady Lolly wrote: I need to figure out howto do the quote thing now :roll: LOL
To blind quote, put the word "quote" (no quotation marks) inside brackets "[]" before the quote and close it off with "/quote", also in brackets.

To give an attributed quote, put the words quote="username" (with the quotation marks) inside brackets, and close it off with the same /quote at the end...
Lady Lolly

Post by Lady Lolly »

By golly I think i've got it!!! :idea: lol... thank you so much, i never would have figured it out on my own
kjackson83

Post by kjackson83 »

Lady Lolly wrote:By golly I think i've got it!!! :idea: lol... thank you so much, i never would have figured it out on my own
:D no problem!
Lady Lolly

Post by Lady Lolly »

By the way Kelsie it's awsome that Libera had thanked you on facebook for pointing out the cost of the CD did you see that :)
kjackson83

Post by kjackson83 »

Lady Lolly wrote:By the way Kelsie it's awsome that Libera had thanked you on facebook for pointing out the cost of the CD did you see that :)
:D :D Yeah! :oops: I felt USEFUL :lol: we actually had a discussion about that very thing on this forum someplace...wondering why that was so dang expensive!
Lady Lolly

Post by Lady Lolly »

LOL heheheh that's awsome!! I really like that ya know.. they do take the time to read through the comments... great job to you for pointing it out :lol: I wonder who checks the sites, do you know, is it prizeman?

Oh, If you see my name in the comments feel free to add me :) I'm Rhonda V... lol
kjackson83

Post by kjackson83 »

Lady Lolly wrote:LOL heheheh that's awsome!! I really like that ya know.. they do take the time to read through the comments... great job to you for pointing it out :lol: I wonder who checks the sites, do you know, is it prizeman?
Not sure--probably not Mr Prizeman, though...I imagine they have one or two people who oversee the online stuff on the side--really, all but the YT site are easily maintained.
Oh, If you see my name in the comments feel free to add me :) I'm Rhonda V... lol
Ok, next time I'm on, I will!
Lady Lolly

Post by Lady Lolly »

Very true, i should have stopped and though probably not prizeman lol... he should keep with composing LOL :oops:
carina_gino20
Platinum Member

Post by carina_gino20 »

I've been wondering if maybe it's a rotation among Sam Coates, Big Ben, and Steven who does the FB updates. :lol:
"I'm drowning here, and you're describing the water!" - Melvin Udall

Jude Andrew
Gold Member

Post by Jude Andrew »

kjackson83 wrote:
Lady Lolly wrote:LOL heheheh that's awsome!! I really like that ya know.. they do take the time to read through the comments... great job to you for pointing it out :lol: I wonder who checks the sites, do you know, is it prizeman?
Not sure--probably not Mr Prizeman, though...I imagine they have one or two people who oversee the online stuff on the side--really, all but the YT site are easily maintained
Would it not be The Music Partnership Limited who manages all there media? Or isn't there another company who also do some form of "management" for Libera .... but there name escapes me at the moment.
Jude Andrew
Gold Member

Post by Jude Andrew »

kjackson83 wrote:
carina_gino20 wrote: Libera 36, if you hop over to this page: http://pagesperso-orange.fr/libera-drea ... /news.html, you'll see a message from Libera asking them not to post videos or recordings of performances in halls and concerts.
I don't want to make this any worse than it already is, but...does anyone else find that message a bit strange? It doesn't somehow feel genuine--it's a little snippy for what we usually expect from Libera, and the whole "If you were really our fan" phrase was, frankly, really cheap...

No notice along those lines has appeared via any of the usual sites (Facebook, YT, MySpace, or Libera.org.uk)
I didn't pick up on this before, I only breifly read the missive on the French site but now that you draw attention to it; you are right. It is most unliberaesque. Well spotted Kelsie, I hope Libera comes back to you.
kjackson83

Post by kjackson83 »

Jude Andrew wrote:
kjackson83 wrote:
carina_gino20 wrote: Libera 36, if you hop over to this page: http://pagesperso-orange.fr/libera-drea ... /news.html, you'll see a message from Libera asking them not to post videos or recordings of performances in halls and concerts.
I don't want to make this any worse than it already is, but...does anyone else find that message a bit strange? It doesn't somehow feel genuine--it's a little snippy for what we usually expect from Libera, and the whole "If you were really our fan" phrase was, frankly, really cheap...

No notice along those lines has appeared via any of the usual sites (Facebook, YT, MySpace, or Libera.org.uk)
I didn't pick up on this before, I only breifly read the missive on the French site but now that you draw attention to it; you are right. It is most unliberaesque. Well spotted Kelsie, I hope Libera comes back to you.
All right, there's only so much I can say, so...

I did get a response from someone in charge over there, but cannot stick it up on the thread per their request (you don't suppose there's somebody watching? :shock: ). What I think I can say is this: the message on the Francophone site is genuine--and that's probably all I can say without getting into trouble or breaching their confidence.

SO: we'll have to live with this and move forward, I suppose.
Jude Andrew
Gold Member

Post by Jude Andrew »

Fair enough :( .... thanks anyway :?