Kennedy Center Honors

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

tcliffy
Gold Member

Kennedy Center Honors

Post by tcliffy »

Well, an absolutely brilliant performance. I loved the song and it was certainly very different hearing (I don't know who it was) singing in a normal voice instead of in high notes like everyone else, if you follow me. Still, I loved it and am very giddy about seeing them this spring. I got an e-mail from them saying they are coming in February, so, we'll see... :wink:

[youtube][/youtube]
Last edited by viabuona on Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Including the Video-Link
http://www.troyesivan.com/forum" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

The performance was great, I was just about in tears, I had many mixed emotions I couldnt control it. Another brilliant performance for them.

Libera's US tour is, so far, set to begin February 16, 2008.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

I was a little doubtful at first, because it wasn't Libera's usual type of song, but after many replays, I like the purity and the rawness of it. Considering it was live and the occasion I thought they did really well.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I agree, the style is not what I'm used to hearing Libera sing, but the overall performance was great. Tom sounded a bit nervous at first, but the fact that he is singing to the likes of Diana Ross, Steve Martin, Leon Fleisher, Martin Scorsese, Brain Wilson, and the President of the United States of America along with countless other celebrities, I would be nervous as well. After watching it a few times yes, the song grew onto me and I enjoyed more. A brilliant performance and one that will most likely stay with the boys forever.
Atrineas

Post by Atrineas »

I believe it's Joe Snelling that sings with a normal voice instead of the high notes. It took some getting used to but it was a wonderful performance.
tcliffy
Gold Member

Post by tcliffy »

It was definately a wonderful performance. Taking into consideration the jet lag and all that stuff, NO ONE could have asked for better.
http://www.troyesivan.com/forum" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

If you look close enough, you can actually tell that they are tired, Tom and some of the others as well seemed to have red eyes from it. I would imagine them being tired seeing as they arrived only the day before and had done nothing but rehearsals.

And if I am hearing correct, I believe its actually Liam, Sam, and Josh singing the low parts while Tom, Ben, Joe, Ed, and James sang the higher parts, but I am not entirely sure.

But all in all, an outstanding performance.

I've created an audio version of the live performance should anyone wish to add to their MP3 player's playlists or anything.
Quinnsome
Silver Member

Post by Quinnsome »

Yes, excellent performance.

I'm almost positive that Josh was one of the boys singing the lower harmony. It sounds like him.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

He actually was. It was Josh, Sam, Liam, and I think Zack who were singing the lows while Tom, Joe, Ben, Ed, and Michael sang the highs.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

...and yet on the New Dawn CD, Josh actually sings in the upper registers alongside Tom. Infact does he do both upper for his solo, and then lower part harmony for the main verse? So confusing. The end results is beautiful though, and that's the main thing.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Josh is talented enough to do both. He sang lows in Love and Mercy and highs in his own solo song 'Secret'.
Quinnsome
Silver Member

Post by Quinnsome »

Yeah, Josh has talent. They all have incredible talent! :D I love these boys!
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

We all do :D
KP

Post by KP »

Hurrah for Libera!!!
Such wondrous talent in such little boys :D
I had so much fun with the Kennedy Center honors!
Two Libera pals (you know who you are :wink:) and I were watching it together, and when they said "announcing... Libera!" we all screamed! I've watched it probably 5 times since on youtube.
But, at least from the clips that I've heard, I like the arrangement on the new CD way better.
xsakurax
Gold Member

Post by xsakurax »

I like the new CD's version of Love and Mercy more too. They sound much better. Probably, they were just too nervous at the Kennedy Center honors.