Kennedy Center Honors

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Yeah the version on the New Dawn album was very well arranged and the boys sang it, for lack of a better word, perfectly.
TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

Kevin wrote:He actually was. It was Josh, Sam, Liam, and I think Zack who were singing the lows while Tom, Joe, Ben, Ed, and Michael sang the highs.
I am sorry for my late reply in this. I agree with the selection of who was using their normal voice. If you watch Sam, you can easily see that he is one of the lower voices. It also shows that there is room in the group for the older boys to stay when their voices break.
Tom B.
Proud to be an American
Clan Farquharson, Scotland

"I AM THE DAWN OF ALL TIME."
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

Their album version of this song was probably the best version of the song produced anywhere. No one has done it better. It's very difficult song to make sound good. It has some awkward passages. Try listening to Brian Wilson's versions, which can be found on YouTube.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I agree with both of you. I applaud Robert for his effort on making this song Libera-worthy. And I applaud the boys who continue with the group even after their voices break.
jennaluvspbr
Gold Member

Re: Kennedy Center Honors

Post by jennaluvspbr »

tcliffy wrote:Well, an absolutely brilliant performance. I loved the song and it was certainly very different hearing (I don't know who it was) singing in a normal voice instead of in high notes like everyone else, if you follow me. Still, I loved it and am very giddy about seeing them this spring. I got an e-mail from them saying they are coming in February, so, we'll see... :wink:
i loved wching the kennedy honors on youtube it was nice i thank josh did a good job of talking he is a good spker i thank and i hope they do it a gain next year or this year it was good
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Re: Kennedy Center Honors

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Jacob Elyachar (american journalist) as blogged Libera's performance of Love & Mercy at the Kennedy Awards as the 6th best overall http://jacobelyacharjournalist.com/2011 ... -part-two/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez