Are you ready to go to the Ireland? (July 2009)

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

Jude Andrew
Gold Member

Post by Jude Andrew »

Hi Yorkie - Maybe I misse it here or on another topic but I would be very interested to hear your thoughts on your first live Libera performance? You went to Edinburgh didn't you?
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Dude, where you been :wink:

Try page 18 & top of 19 of this very thread 8)
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
Jude Andrew
Gold Member

Post by Jude Andrew »

fan_de_LoK wrote:
JayEm wrote:One immediatly springs to mind; Stephan Leadbetter. Wow he has a super voice and he will replace Liam on Libera (in my opinion) and will join Ed and Ben as a lead soloist for the Autumn tour.
I agree with you as I had exactly the same opinion as you, listening Liam on Libera during the Encore, and having listen Stephan doing the high notes on so numerous songs.

Stephan seems to fit perfectly, but we have to wait.
Because doing incredibles and perfects and lovebales "aha" is a thing, conduct a full solo is another thing...

I'm sure the firsts 2010 concerts will give us a lot of changes, many departs, new soloists, some alternative songs.... RP and the boys will surely work hard this winter and spring ! :wink:
I agree with both of you here, Stephan is definitely one to watch and is a lead soloist in the making.
Jude Andrew
Gold Member

Post by Jude Andrew »

Yorkie wrote:Dude, where you been :wink:

Try page 18 & top of 19 of this very thread 8)
Thanks Andy, I was 'away' from the forum for quite a long time and missed the whole Celtic tour discussion. It sounds like you enjoyed the experience though? and what more can I say about 'Mysterium' ??? it's not something you just listen too; it's something you experience. The first time I heard it was at the concert in Torquay. I hadn't even heard a recorded version of it before then. It blew my mind. It was sensational and is always one of the highlights on a live libera concert. What did you make of Sacris Solemnis live?
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Jude Andrew wrote: Thanks Andy, I was 'away' from the forum for quite a long time and missed the whole Celtic tour discussion. It sounds like you enjoyed the experience though? and what more can I say about 'Mysterium' ??? it's not something you just listen too; it's something you experience. The first time I heard it was at the concert in Torquay. I hadn't even heard a recorded version of it before then. It blew my mind. It was sensational and is always one of the highlights on a live libera concert. What did you make of Sacris Solemnis live?
I'm a bit embarrassed to admit that I can't remember too much about the whole concert! Old age I guess (its either that or too many late nights of partying with hookers and gin :shock: ).

I have the 'programme' with me and I made a note against Sacris Solemnis of 'ace' so I guess I though it was pretty hot. However, somebody else who went (must be around page 19 or 20) said it wasn't a patch on the Dublin version - they thought the sound and timing was off a bit.

There is some benefit in being so totally musically illiterate that I can't tell my cello from my oboe!

Mercy & Love
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Yorkie wrote:There is some benefit in being so totally musically illiterate that I can't tell my cello from my oboe!
But can you tell your Cello/Oboe from your Elbow? If yes, your okay lol

If that was your first concert, it will all be a blur. You'll take greater attention to details at your next libera concert.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

JimmyRiddle wrote:
Yorkie wrote:There is some benefit in being so totally musically illiterate that I can't tell my cello from my oboe!
But can you tell your Cello/Oboe from your Elbow? If yes, your okay lol

If that was your first concert, it will all be a blur. You'll take greater attention to details at your next libera concert.
I'm looking forward to it and I'll report back of that you can be certain :D

Mercy & Love
Narnian

Post by Narnian »

JayEm wrote:uhh, forgot to mention; I thought the audience in Dublin was warmer and more appreciative than the crowd in Edinburgh again just my opinion !!
Thank you, thank you, thank you :lol: :lol: :roll:
I wasn't in Edinburgh LOL. and what about the audience in Belfast? :)
:wink: it’s nice to be important, but it’s more important to be nice :wink:
Jude Andrew
Gold Member

Post by Jude Andrew »

Narnian wrote:
JayEm wrote:uhh, forgot to mention; I thought the audience in Dublin was warmer and more appreciative than the crowd in Edinburgh again just my opinion !!
Thank you, thank you, thank you :lol: :lol: :roll:
I wasn't in Edinburgh LOL. and what about the audience in Belfast? :)
Interesting comment on the audience JayEm.... what makes you say that? I also attended both concerts but not Belfast.

Narnian - What were your thoughts of the audience in Dublin?? (I am biased so won't say :lol: )
Narnian

Post by Narnian »

Jude Andrew wrote:
Narnian - What were your thoughts of the audience in Dublin?? (I am biased so won't say :lol: )
Jude, the audience was great. I was very happy to be there. Maybe all of us were a little bit sad about orchestra playing without Libera... 8) But I absolutely loved the atmosphere after the last Libera's song when people were so thankful for Libera's concert. ;)
As I said before Liberians can be proud of their fans!! And seems that they really are!!
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

As I only attended Edinburgh I can't compare the applause that Libera received. All I can say is that if Dublin showed more appreciation than Edinburgh then Dublin did Libera very proud indeed :D

In Edinburgh we missed one or two of the lads individual speeches (i.e. failed to clap a couple) but when the audience did applaud it seemed very warm to me. On sound alone, Dublin had x 3 the number of fans so it should have been louder.

Anyway, I shouldn't be defensive - I couldn't have clapped louder at any stage (in fact I have an annoyingly loud clap and the people behind me complained!).

I really wish I'd gone to Dublin now :cry:

Mercy & Love
Narnian

Post by Narnian »

Yorkie wrote: On sound alone, Dublin had x 3 the number of fans so it should have been louder.
yeah... and what about PICC Plenary hall in Philippines? More than 3500 seats (and Libera's fans hope so). It will be very loud LOL :!:
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Some pics posted by RTÉ here
viabuona
Gold Member

Post by viabuona »

JimmyRiddle wrote:Some pics posted by RTÉ here
Wow - thanks for sharing :D
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

viabuona wrote:
JimmyRiddle wrote:Some pics posted by RTÉ here
Wow - thanks for sharing :D
Yeah, excellent! :D Ahh, such sweet memories - I'll go check if I can find myself in there somewhere, after all I sat first row :)
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above