Are you ready to go to the Ireland? (July 2009)

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

dani wrote:
fan_de_LoK wrote:

I'm sure the firsts 2010 concerts will give us a lot of changes, many departs, new soloists, some alternative songs.... RP and the boys will surely work hard this winter and spring ! :wink:

I am going to be so gutted. By the looks of it Michael V , Zac and Tom have left. By Oct and the next tour Josh and Liam on back row. So by next year the band i adored will be totally and uttly different. I am into no other treble music so this will be a huge shock and speaking to a few other fans that got into because of Josh and Tom i wonder if some people will actually move on as well. Because its this current batch of boys that have made Libera this popular. They are clearly at the height of there popularity and the tours prove this. I just hope the next batch of Libera boys can step up and replace the Michael Horncastle's , Liam Connery and Tom Cully's
If you have a chance someday you should take a look at the performances made by Angel Voices on the "Titchmark on Song" series in the early 1990s. They're really outstanding. The stars of those videos were gone by the late 1990s, yet the choir soldiered on.

Actually this makes me think I'd love to see Libera on a similar series today.
libera36

Post by libera36 »

Good point TullyBascombe... The bus in Urs' video was looking pretty full!!
plumpuff6
Silver Member

Post by plumpuff6 »

xsakurax wrote:Seems like Mysterium has garnered alot of good comments, I would definitely love to hear Ed sing this song. Did someone mentioned there's an older video of Mysterium sang by Adam? Haven't hear this before, but is it in Latin?
The version of "Mysterium" with Adam Harris is on their 1999 album titled Libera. I have heard 2 other versions on Youtube, on with Big Ben singing the solo, and another with Tom. All 3 renditions were amazing. Sadly I have not heard Ed's version, the one that is getting so much attention these days! I wish I could. Libera had better record it soon...before Ed's voice changes...if they record it at all of course.
et laudate Domino in laetitia
et cantate Domino gloria
saecula et saeculorum, Alleluia
JayEm

Post by JayEm »

Yorkie wrote: Stay with me - somebody asked who sang on Sancte and I'm now wondering if I've confused the singers of Sancte with Stay with me - they were next to each other
Possibly... but the solo parts of 'Sancte' were sung by Liam alone.
JayEm

Post by JayEm »

Yorkie wrote: Sacris Solemnis - I must admit it doesn't stand out in my memory. What were the differences?
I just think the tuning, sound and harmony were off in Edinburgh... in Dublin they absolutely nailed it and when it's done right it is a real impact song.
JayEm

Post by JayEm »

dani wrote:What makes you say Tom is leaving Libera ?> Was something said ?
Somebody else mentioned in another post that Tom has been the public face and one of the lead soloists of Libera since 2002. When you think about that and take into account the fact his ONLY 15 now, it makes you realize how special a young man he is and what an impact he has had on the entity that is Libera as well as the indelible impression he has left on the lives of those people lucky enough to be fans of Libera and those even luckier who have been priviledged to see him preform live with Libera. For those reasons I have the utmost, unerring and unwaivering respect and admiration for Tom Cully and for what he has acheived. Therefore I would never, ever, say anything ill of him or criticize him in public in anyway, shape or form. He deserves better from all of us. It's for those reasons that I will not divulge certain, pertinent information but I stand by what I said; I do believe that this was the last time we would see Tom Cully in the white robe of Libera.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

JayEm wrote:
Somebody else mentioned in another post that Tom has been the public face and one of the lead soloists of Libera since 2002. When you think about that and take into account the fact his ONLY 15 now, it makes you realize how special a young man he is and what an impact he has had on the entity that is Libera as well as the indelible impression he has left on the lives of those people lucky enough to be fans of Libera and those even luckier who have been priviledged to see him preform live with Libera. For those reasons I have the utmost, unerring and unwaivering respect and admiration for Tom Cully and for what he has acheived. Therefore I would never, ever, say anything ill of him or criticize him in public in anyway, shape or form. He deserves better from all of us. It's for those reasons that I will not divulge certain, pertinent information but I stand by what I said; I do believe that this was the last time we would see Tom Cully in the white robe of Libera.[/quote

Fair enough so something has been said but you clearly cant say or wont say. Yep Tom has been amazing for Libera, i still dont personally think he has had the best voice out of some of the boys that have lead Libera before but that does not take away the work he has put in since he was 7 years of age.
cherproperson

Post by cherproperson »

JayEm wrote:
Somebody else mentioned in another post that Tom has been the public face and one of the lead soloists of Libera since 2002. When you think about that and take into account the fact his ONLY 15 now, it makes you realize how special a young man he is and what an impact he has had on the entity that is Libera as well as the indelible impression he has left on the lives of those people lucky enough to be fans of Libera and those even luckier who have been priviledged to see him preform live with Libera. For those reasons I have the utmost, unerring and unwaivering respect and admiration for Tom Cully and for what he has acheived. Therefore I would never, ever, say anything ill of him or criticize him in public in anyway, shape or form. He deserves better from all of us. It's for those reasons that I will not divulge certain, pertinent information but I stand by what I said; I do believe that this was the last time we would see Tom Cully in the white robe of Libera.
Fair enough, but if this is the case, I just hope that thing will change or any sort of miracle will happen, afterall anything can happen in this 2 month time before the Autumn concert. Hoping he will at least work in the backstage like what Big Ben, Steven and Callum did this time, rather than really leaving Libera. But if it's really Tom's own decision to move on with a new page of life, I'll wish him, with all my heart, all the best. He'll forever be my favourite soloist in Libera.
worshipper28
Silver Member

Post by worshipper28 »

Thank you RupertJones for the after concert video from St Mary's
Cathedral Edinburgh
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

JayEm wrote:
Nicely said. Tom will be remembered as one of the greats of Libera and his place is assured in Libera history. I think he may play some part behind the scenes in years to come but he is a young man and he needs to find himself and enjoy some time out of the spotlight.

Rest assured there will be a new Tom, or Josh or Michael or Ben as long as we keep on supporting all the lads and ensure that Libera has an audience to perform to 8)
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
Choirfan
Silver Member

Post by Choirfan »

Damn, am bulling now we missed out on Mysterium at the Dublin concert. i should have gone to Belfast aswell :roll:
"You are not alone"
whitetail1985

Post by whitetail1985 »

just uploaded pics from libera on youtube

JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

I wonder if these slideshows are going to replace the tour video's they used to make.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

JimmyRiddle wrote:I wonder if these slideshows are going to replace the tour video's they used to make.
I hope not as its so much more fun seeing the boys talking and having fun.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Perhaps it's just a bridge until they make a full video or something,

Wonder what happened to this giant poster! http://blog-imgs-33-origin.fc2.com/c/h/ ... u/4832.jpg

P.S. This is a blog by a Japanese fan that went on some form of expensive package deal to see Libera on the Ireland leg of their Celtic Tour.

http://tinyurl.com/klhx54