Libera at Songs of Praise 'Big Sing' 2017

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Re: Libera at Songs of Praise 'Big Sing' 2017

Post by fan_de_LoK »

katyafan wrote:I don't want to wait until the holidays!!!!
I'm spoiled by going to their concerts and I WANT MORE NOW!!!!!
hahaha :lol:

Well, perhaps I can bring you a little bit more.
The attendance was strongly urged to not take any photo or video during the artists performances, and of course I complied with that rule.
But I dare take one photo at the very end, when they were leaving the stage, see here.
That photo has no interest, it's just a quick instant snap, but perhaps it will help you to wait the 4 months before the video.

Funny, while walking to leave the stage, they were all very amused by the smoke around their feet and robes :)
On this photo the smoke has already vanished a lot compared to what it was during the song.
katyafan
Silver Member

Post by katyafan »

Thank you very much! Yes, I feel slightly more full, and can possibly wait a few more months!!!
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Nothing much that we don't already know but the BBC have released their Religious schedule over the coming festive period and it does mention 'Libera'
The New Year’s Eve Big Sing ushers in 2018 with performances by former Westlife star Shane Filan, soprano Mary-Jess and the boys choir, Libera.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/mediap ... mming-2017
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

BBC SoP Preview clip with very brief mention and screen shot of Libera
BBCLibSop.JPG
BBCLibSop.JPG (49.76 KiB) Viewed 1211 times
BBCLibSop.JPG
BBCLibSop.JPG (49.76 KiB) Viewed 1211 times
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
andmar
Silver Member

Post by andmar »

I'm afraid the broadcast will not be available online for international audience. I tried to watch some BBC Programs and always the message "BBC iPlayer only works in the UK. Sorry, it’s due to rights issues." was displayed. :( :(
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

That's very frustrating. I have used free VPNs for these sorts of things before but it is usually not worth the hassle (and low, laggy speeds!) just to hear one song. :x :( The Great British Firewall wins again.
Jay_S
Silver Member

Post by Jay_S »

I suppose it would be possible for someone to capture that part of the performance and share it privately among friends here? Just thinking of options. When do you think the broadcast would be made public?
"with a down derry, derry down down"
andmar
Silver Member

Post by andmar »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:57 pm">6 years ago</span> That's very frustrating. I have used free VPNs for these sorts of things before but it is usually not worth the hassle (and low, laggy speeds!) just to hear one song. :x :( The Great British Firewall wins again.
I've tried a VPN and the annoying message was not shown, but now BBC wants me to register, and possibly provide my TV license number or something. :(

Jay_S wrote: <span title="Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:14 pm">6 years ago</span> I suppose it would be possible for someone to capture that part of the performance and share it privately among friends here? Just thinking of options. When do you think the broadcast would be made public?
This would be perfect. :)
kinda_k00l
Silver Member

Post by kinda_k00l »

I have tried to played BBC stuff using a VPN before, and I did get through smoothly after a few attempts.
I didn't remember how I did it, so it may take a while for me to figure it out again. Furthermore, I don't know if I'm available by the time the broadcast is being aired - hope it'll still be available afterwards.

Well, I have a feeling that we are not supposed to discuss about this (because of the rights etc.) but still...
Aliens: What does the humankind have that can be given out for the sake of the universe?
Me: *shows LIBERA, KALAFINA & DULCIS VOX :lol:*
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

andmar wrote: <span title="Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:19 pm">6 years ago</span>
Surpinto wrote: <span title="Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:57 pm">6 years ago</span> That's very frustrating. I have used free VPNs for these sorts of things before but it is usually not worth the hassle (and low, laggy speeds!) just to hear one song. :x :( The Great British Firewall wins again.
I've tried a VPN and the annoying message was not shown, but now BBC wants me to register, and possibly provide my TV license number or something. :(

Jay_S wrote: <span title="Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:14 pm">6 years ago</span> I suppose it would be possible for someone to capture that part of the performance and share it privately among friends here? Just thinking of options. When do you think the broadcast would be made public?
This would be perfect. :)
It might need a licence number in future but at the moment it just requires a valid UK address/postcode which is easy enough to find....

I find it frustrating that people complain that the BBC iPlayer is for UK viewers only - do you expect to get free access to Netflix online? Somebody has to pay for the programming and in the case of the BBC it is the UK tv licence payers so why should other people get it free (and yes I know they sell the access to other countries e.g. Netherlands and Ireland but the point is they sell it so it isn't free).
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
andmar
Silver Member

Post by andmar »

Yorkie wrote: <span title="Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:31 am">6 years ago</span> I find it frustrating that people complain that the BBC iPlayer is for UK viewers only - do you expect to get free access to Netflix online? Somebody has to pay for the programming and in the case of the BBC it is the UK tv licence payers so why should other people get it free (and yes I know they sell the access to other countries e.g. Netherlands and Ireland but the point is they sell it so it isn't free).
You are right - it isn't free. But I wish I could buy the content, as I did with the "Carols from King's" couple of days ago. This seems not to be possible in this case.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Yorkie wrote: <span title="Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:31 am">6 years ago</span>
I find it frustrating that people complain that the BBC iPlayer is for UK viewers only - do you expect to get free access to Netflix online? Somebody has to pay for the programming and in the case of the BBC it is the UK tv licence payers so why should other people get it free (and yes I know they sell the access to other countries e.g. Netherlands and Ireland but the point is they sell it so it isn't free).
My apologies if I clumsily expressed the sentiments you speak of. My frustration comes not from the need to pay for content, but from the lack of any good option to access that content at all resulting in the need for cumbersome and underhanded means to do so (which I do not advocate). If it was a question of payment for service or watching advertisements I would not be so perturbed. But there is no such option for Americans. I am well aware that the British public subsidizes the BBC through tax; I respect and appreciate that. By no means do I advocate for others to leach off of what you and other Brits pay.

I am equally frustrated when certain Youtube audio content is only available in the US. It just seems backwards in our globalized world whenever content is restricted in such a way with no legal workaround or even ability to pay for access to the content. Content need not be free to be accessible. For example, I was more than happy to pay what would be considered by some to be a high fee for the BBC's "Carols From King's" download - an option that previously did not exist. In the past the only way that I could watch that program in the US was if somebody made it available on YouTube in violation of copyright.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

andmar wrote: <span title="Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:31 pm">6 years ago</span>
Yorkie wrote: <span title="Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:31 am">6 years ago</span> I find it frustrating that people complain that the BBC iPlayer is for UK viewers only - do you expect to get free access to Netflix online? Somebody has to pay for the programming and in the case of the BBC it is the UK tv licence payers so why should other people get it free (and yes I know they sell the access to other countries e.g. Netherlands and Ireland but the point is they sell it so it isn't free).
You are right - it isn't free. But I wish I could buy the content, as I did with the "Carols from King's" couple of days ago. This seems not to be possible in this case.
Looks like you beat me to it by a few minutes! And the same example as well? :lol:

I do hope that we all find a way to see the broadcast and that Libera enjoys increased popularity through participation in the program. If more people hear them sing I think it would do wonders for their popularity even in their own country. They certainly deserve it.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

I was toying with the idea of 'live streaming' but the quality isn't great, plus I wouldn't be able to record a high quality file at the same time. So hopefully as per 2013 I'll be able to provide a decent upload after the broadcast. It's on now....

Note they will edit Aled Jones out of the intro due to that ridiculous situation he finds himself in at the moment relating to a ten year old text. Hope that gets resolved in due course and normal sensibility resumes.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
Robolib7

Post by Robolib7 »

Libera was the first guest performer. A beautiful rendition of From A Distance which unfortunately I could not record on my android box.
Hopefully someone else was able to record it since I would love to see it a few times more.