London Concert - 1 December 2017

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

theforestdweller
Silver Member

Re: London Concert - 1 December 2017

Post by theforestdweller »

Indeed more of a mad scramble than usual. I was beaten twice after finding seats in rows C and D :( , but finally got two seats in row F, so not too bad :) . Booked a car parking space as well, same one I've used for the last 2 years, only 5 minute walk to the Cathedral. As always, really looking forward to my annual Libera Christmas "fix" :D
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe" - Einstein
Mr W

Post by Mr W »

That might have been me "stealing" your row C seats. :-)
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

niels wrote: <span title="Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:27 pm">6 years ago</span> no ticked for me :cry: i had a little hope that i can pay with paypal, but its only with mastercard. maby next year :) never give up
Best I could do was row E (if anybody has a single nearer I'm willing to buy it 8))

Niels I think I have a spare ticket if you want to join me?
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
niels

Post by niels »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:31 pm">6 years ago</span>
niels wrote: <span title="Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:27 pm">6 years ago</span> no ticked for me :cry: i had a little hope that i can pay with paypal, but its only with mastercard. maby next year :) never give up
Wait! You should get a ticket no matter what if you are intent on going. There are extra premium seats floating around that will be on offer between fans as has always been the case. Even if you could not secure the seat that you desired you still ought to get a non-premium seat and attend the event. Do not be put off by this single setback, please! :D
Hi Surpinto,
Thanx for the nice lovely words :) I was already looking for a non premium seat, I already thought that they would be sold out soon. I thought I go for safe. I will see if I can find something, maybe through the site of the St.George's RC Cathedral. Otherwise I have a nice dream for next year :D
niels

Post by niels »

Yorkie wrote: <span title="Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:42 pm">6 years ago</span>
Best I could do was row E (if anybody has a single nearer I'm willing to buy it 8))

hi yorkie,

Thank you for your very sweet offer. Wanted to order two cards for me and a mate. I will discuss what he wants. Otherwise I would like to go in to your offer. I can see if there is any card for him, then we'll be apart from each other
but we'll be there :D
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Congratulations to all of those who managed to secure a premium seat. As I said to niels, even those who were unable to triumph over the other fans in this mad dash to acquire seats :lol: should still get a regular ticket and attend anyway. If you are able to go, you ought to go, and should not be dissuaded by a less than ideal seat. Remember, this is the concert where they have the large television screens with an active cameraman so that you can see what is happening even if you are in the very last rows. Besides, the sound will be exceptional in that space even if you are not near the front. I could barely see much when I saw them at the Basilica in DC in 2014 (which is significantly larger than St George's) but the music was poignant and moving just the same. This concert threatens to sell out totally, and soon, so I do hope those who are on the fence buy a ticket.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

niels wrote: <span title="Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:58 pm">6 years ago</span>

hi yorkie,

Thank you for your very sweet offer. Wanted to order two cards for me and a mate. I will discuss what he wants. Otherwise I would like to go in to your offer. I can see if there is any card for him, then we'll be apart from each other
SEE????!!!! :D :lol: :shock:
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

hi yorkie,

If you like I can book you two seats together (ordinary seats) and you can pay me at the concert?

Mercy & Love
niels

Post by niels »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:00 pm">6 years ago</span>

hi yorkie,

SEE????!!!! :D :lol: :shock:
hahaha yeah :) Everybody is so nice and amazing here. No words to describe it.
niels

Post by niels »

Yorkie wrote: <span title="Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:06 pm">6 years ago</span>
hi yorkie,

If you like I can book you two seats together (ordinary seats) and you can pay me at the concert?
if that could would be totally awesome :D
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

niels wrote: <span title="Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:09 pm">6 years ago</span> If you like I can book you two seats together (ordinary seats) and you can pay me at the concert?
[/quote]

I have purchased Y12 &Y13 for you which were the best two seats left - if you sned me a private message with your email address I'll send the e-ticket to you when they send me the email.

Hope you both enjoy it.

Mercy & Love
Al17

Post by Al17 »

Can't follow al these messages anymore.
I have another premium seat if you want Niels.

Dust has settled.
Have a nice ticket, but it was indeed a hell of a fight !
If you see a free place it's already gone.
-- on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam - Carl Sagan
niels

Post by niels »

Yorkie wrote: <span title="Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:14 pm">6 years ago</span>
niels wrote: <span title="Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:09 pm">6 years ago</span> If you like I can book you two seats together (ordinary seats) and you can pay me at the concert?
Yorkie wrote: I have purchased Y12 &Y13 for you which were the best two seats left - if you sned me a private message with your email address I'll send the e-ticket to you when they send me the email.

Hope you both enjoy it.
That's really really great :D :D Thank you for this amazing and beautiful gesture. :D :D :D i will sent a pm
Last edited by paul on Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited to put quotes into context.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

It's amazing when you look at how many seats have already been sold :)

On the main line only about 60 seats left and tickets have only been on sale for 8 hours.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

dani wrote: <span title="Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:19 pm">6 years ago</span> It's amazing when you look at how many seats have already been sold :)

On the main line only about 60 seats left and tickets have only been on sale for 8 hours.
Wasn't the concert last year practically sold out one the date of the show? I believe that a repeat is guaranteed. It's understandable actually: it's a Christmas concert, it's in London, the choristers families attend, etc.