London Concert - 1 December 2017

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

andmar
Silver Member

Re: London Concert - 1 December 2017

Post by andmar »

I think, that the Westminster Cathedral will be a great venue for the concert. For me personally it has some advantages:
1. It is a place, I wanted to visit while in London anyway,
2. It is close to my hotel - about 10 minutes walking distance (and no, I'm not staying at the Buckingham Palace :lol: :lol: :lol: ).

Unfortunately, I feel a bit sad about the cancellation of the signing. I was hoping very much to be able to say "Thank you" personally to each and every boy individually and maybe to some staff members too. We didn't have that chance in Ely, we will not have it now and again, most probably, it won't be possible in Ely next May either. :(
Last edited by andmar on Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

For what I can see on Google, it seems the seats there are arranged in 4 columns of 6 seats each.
This matches quite well with St George.

It will be 6-6-6-6 instead of 5-7-7-5

The people on the sides can be happy about the venue change, there is no obstruction view to the stage :)

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... or_001.jpg
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

Is this a first time, Libera in Westminster Cathedral?

@andmar, we practically changed places, as I had a distance of a 12 minutes walk before. I'm located between Waterloo and Southwark station, so that's alright also for the new venue. And it can result in some fun, when after the concert those on the "wrong" side of the Thames discover lots of other fans in underground and bus. :wink:

But isn't it strange that Libera announced it everywhere, on twitter, on their news page, facebook and via e-mail, but their event page has not been updated so far. Good that the concert starts half an hour later now. So those who don't see it and come to St. George's have time enough to come over to Westminster Cathedral.
Last edited by filiarheni on Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
danieb88
Silver Member

Post by danieb88 »

Ohh I am a bit gutted-I thought after almost 10 years of following Libera I was finally going to be able to attend a signing, but it was not meant to be!!

At least the concert is still going ahead and not too far from the original venue really :D
Danie :D
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

fan_de_LoK wrote: <span title="Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:13 am">6 years ago</span> For what I can see on Google, it seems the seats there are arranged in 4 columns of 6 seats each.
This matches quite well with St George.

It will be 6-6-6-6 instead of 5-7-7-5

The people on the sides can be happy about the venue change, there is no obstruction view to the stage :)

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... or_001.jpg
When I saw this announcement, I wondered how it may effect allocated seating? If there are more or less seats per row, seating position could change. I picked an ails seat to be situated a central as possible to the stage.

The venue change works very well for me, travel is easier, and there is a wider choice of establishments for refreshments also :)
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

As there is no M&G afterwards, I hope for those who like their programmes signed that Libera will offer pre-signed ones - which they normally do, if I'm right?
At a higher price which is for their benefit. :D :)
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

ste1701fan wrote: <span title="Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:45 am">6 years ago</span> I'm excited about seeing a new venue=)
hope the tickets aren't downgraded due to seating arrangements, but i don't know and i can't tell from pictures if westminster has about the same allocation of seats / pews.
Yea my hotel is on the totally wrong side of london now too, but who cares....tube, bus, uber...whatever!
too bad no signing though...that's the only sad thing about this change i think.
From memory, Westminster Cathedral is significantly bigger - there are far more seats on either side of the nave than at St George's. Will make ticketing interesting....

#edit# just checked and actually it fits quite well. there are essentially four rows (same as St Georges) and seven seats wide in each block (similar to St Geourges at least for the two central blocks). The big difference is sight lines. The two widest blocks of seats (restricted view at St Geourges) have much better views at WCC than at St G's - the pillars are much wider apart in WCC so those with restricted view seats are in luck.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

It's all updated now, and 13 tickets are still available.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

filiarheni wrote: <span title="Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:35 am">6 years ago</span> Is this a first time, Libera in Westminster Cathedral
From libera’s recruitment page…
They have recently led acts of worship in Westminster Cathedral and Buckfast Abbey and..
...but they have never performed a ‘concert’ at the Cathedral to the best of my knowledge.

Gutted to miss out on this one after witnessing 3 Christmas concerts at St George’s over the years, it would have been interesting to see and hear them at Westminster Cathedral. Enjoy the evening for those that are going.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
niels

Post by niels »

Just arrived at the airport :D now looking where the hotel is and than looking for the cathedral for tomorrow. I'm so excited to see a lot of you guys tomorrow. Its also an exciting idea to see Libera :D :D

Hope to see you all :wink:
Padmachou
Silver Member

Post by Padmachou »

I can't believe it's tomorrow :mrgreen: I'm really excited and scared, I always fear I'm gonna miss the train or worst...

I'm really sad to know there will be no signing (it would have been the first time for me). But still really happy, I'm lucky enough to go and I'm sure the concert will be amazing all the same !
However, if there are signed programs to buy, how much time in advance do you recommand to be, to have the opportunity to get one ? I'm visiting the British Library "Harry Potter" exhibition on the afternoon, I didn't plan on being in advance...
If someone who arrives first can get me one ? I would be soooo grateful <3 I can exchange with a little Harry Potter gift from the exhibition if you wish or just pay you back :wink:
I'm seat E12. Anyone seating near me ?
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Looking at the seating map C14 my seat doesn’t seem to exist anymore so that should be interesting.
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

dani wrote: <span title="Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:07 pm">6 years ago</span> Looking at the seating map C14 my seat doesn’t seem to exist anymore so that should be interesting.

C14 should be the fourth seat in from the isle at St Georges, not sure how they are going to manage seating for shorter or longer rows? I have D17 which would of been an isle seat at St Georges, I do hope I will retain my isle seat at Westminster.
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

- Plato
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

paul wrote: <span title="Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:11 pm">6 years ago</span>
dani wrote: <span title="Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:07 pm">6 years ago</span> Looking at the seating map C14 my seat doesn’t seem to exist anymore so that should be interesting.

C14 should be the fourth seat in from the isle at St Georges, not sure how they are going to manage seating for shorter or longer rows? I have D17 which would of been an isle seat at St Georges, I do hope I will retain the isle seat at Westminster.

- Plato
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Thanks Paul for that update, I could only Court 13 seats across on premium for my row as for some reason my phone wasn’t showing the outer aisle on either side.