Libera to tour USA - Summer 2017

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

ChrisJ

Libera to tour USA - Summer 2017

Post by ChrisJ »

Saw this posted today on twitter and also on libera.org

Libera is Returning to the US !

We need to rearrange things on this site a little bit so that we can talk about our plans for the upcoming tour.

In the meantime please help Libera get to the United States by donating to the 2017 Tour Fund.

All donations will be used to fund the summer 2017 tour, and will be highly appreciated by the boys, the staff, and all the American fans that you help us to reach.

Donate to the 2017 Libera US Tour
Libera of the United States is a registered 501(c)3 charity supporting Libera’s touring in the US, so any US-based donations will be tax-deductible.

If we announce any donation incentives at a later date your donation now will still apply towards those incentives.

Thank you for your support!

Contact Libera of the US
Last edited by fan_de_LoK on Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Year added to the title
ChrisJ

Re: Libera to tour USA

Post by ChrisJ »

This is from twitter

https://twitter.com/LiberaPassion?t=1&c ... +272699405

Libera Passion Retweeted
Nick‏ @enjaysea 18h18 hours ago
More
Libera of the US is once again helping Libera to tour in the US. https://libera.org

And then I looked on the website libera.org, where I cut'n'pasted what they had to say.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

I think you may have jumped to some conclusions which are not fully accurate. Your lack of knowledge of these facts is understandable and forgivable because you are unfamiliar with Libera of the United States.

Several things:
  • There was a recent radio interview in which Robert Prizeman himself announced a US tour for the summer.
  • Libera.org is the website for the Libera of the US charity which is an official US affiliate for tax and charitable giving purposes for Libera.
  • Libera of the US sponsored the "Libera in America" DVD and the 2015 US tour through fundraising.
Libera.org is absolutely and certainly who they claim they are. I can assure you that they are very much above board and work hard to ensure Libera's ability to travel to the United States.

I would kindly entreat you to withdraw your insistence that ChrisJ apologize for what he has written.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

More proof:

https://twitter.com/Surpinto/status/602664231700422656

That tweet was retweeted by Official Libera. In the tweet I link to the online store for Libera.org. They would not re-tweet it if it was not an official place to purchase their music.

Another:

https://twitter.com/officiallibera/stat ... 8152520705
https://twitter.com/officiallibera/stat ... 0158509056
https://twitter.com/officiallibera/stat ... 4639349760

In those tweets Official Libera links to Libera.org for the concert details during the 2015 US tour.

And the smoking gun:

https://twitter.com/officiallibera/stat ... 9241460736

In which official Libera encourages people to give money on their US supporters page.

I would kindly entreat you to withdraw your insistence that ChrisJ apologize for what he has written.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Hi all,

I have deleted a couple of posts from this thread where a member (who seems to have now left the forum of their own accord, I certainly haven't kicked them out) cast doubt in rather strong terms on the info posted by ChrisJ.

All I can say is that as Surpinto has stated, Libera do want to tour the USA this summer, the Libera.org website is 100% legit and I spoke to the Webmaster for that site at Ely who confirmed he was about to start a fund raising drive to get Libera back to the US.

Of course visiting the US with 30 boys is very expensive so there is a possibility that it may fall through due to lack of funds and I wouldn't start booking flights until Official Libera confirm it as going ahead, but Chris is absolutely right in what he has posted.

Andy
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

I thought I would provide a link to an article talking about a 42% increase in performance permit fees for musicians and other performers visiting the U.S. The article focuses on Canada, but the fee increase applies to performers from all over the world. The fee increase took effect back in December. I hope that Libera can raise enough money for a tour. Here's the link:http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/ ... ermit-fees
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

Continuing from the previous message, I'm not sure if the fee is per musician or for the whole group. Also, there was another article from a smaller website that made it sound like the fee was for each performance. I don't want to be alarmist, but I'm throwing out this information for the sake of awareness.
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

Libera is a non-profit organization. Are they required to have the same type of temporary visa?
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

TullyBascombe wrote: <span title="Fri May 12, 2017 3:56 am">6 years ago</span> Libera is a non-profit organization. Are they required to have the same type of temporary visa?
I really don't have the answer to that. I'm hoping they don't need the same type of visa. If they don't, I'm wondering if any of the other fees or visas have increased in price as dramatically as the performer visas. I originally looked into this because a comment was left under a recently posted Libera song on Youtube, claiming that Libera would have to spend an exorbitant amount of money for these fees (he even gave an exact price tag). I don't know if the person is correct, and I can't find the video where the comment was posted.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

They have needed visas on previous trips to the Syates I seem to recall so my guess is that this will affect them.

Mercy & Love
andmar
Silver Member

Post by andmar »

Yorkie wrote: <span title="Fri May 12, 2017 5:53 am">6 years ago</span> They have needed visas on previous trips to the Syates I seem to recall so my guess is that this will affect them.
Yes, I read somewhere (I don't remember where), that Libera had needed around15K USD only for the performers visas last time. Assuming the cost on one visa at 325 USD (as stated in the Canadian article), this would make the number of about 45 visas, which might be quite possible (choristers + musicians + staff + chaperones + ...) . I assume also, that the former visas are no longer valid, so they will have to have new ones. This will make 45 * 460 = 20.7K USD. A huge amount :( . Hopefully Libera can raise enough money and visit the USA this summer.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

A promotional video has just been released announcing this tour!! :D

A very fun and well made video that has got me very excited about the possibility of actually seeing them (no cancellations this time, please!).

fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Wow ! :shock:
This video brings a much larger weight to the idea of a tour in the USA this summer !! :D

Until now it seemed to me to be only a hypothesis, a wish, remaining dependent on uncertain funding, but here it shows more than a simple wish, it is a perspective that seems quite proven and that begins to materialize by teasing the fans !! :D :D
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

Hahaha, Victor! Smiling and laughing always! :mrgreen:
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Fri May 12, 2017 6:59 pm">6 years ago</span> A promotional video has just been released announcing this tour!! :D

A very fun and well made video that has got me very excited about the possibility of actually seeing them (no cancellations this time, please!).

I think it is going to happen for you this time Surpinto 😃 I'm genuinely pleased for you. And who knows what will happen over and above a concert or two? Wonder where it will be...

Mercy & Love