Libera to tour USA - Summer 2017

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

bachmahlerfan

Re: Libera to tour USA

Post by bachmahlerfan »

Well, looking on the bright side, at least Libera can enjoy some low humidity in Southern California before entering the sauna in Houston.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

tom413 wrote: <span title="Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:24 am">6 years ago</span> Hotels around these two locations are going to be pricey.
In St Louis, the closest sites are a Holiday Inn Express currently on Kayak at $135 on concert night, the Parkway Hotel ($145) and the Chase Park Plaza ($189).
Yes, not cheap at all, also keep in mind that if your hotel is close to the St Louis metro you can avoid renting a car as the train goes directly to the airport and to various downtown locations. The Central West End metro station is about 0.8 miles (1.3 km) from the Cathedral so if you are strategic, you can stay at a hotel in a different metro accessible location for less money. There is a fixed daily fee ($7.50) for unlimited ridership on the entire network of buses and trains if you plan, as I do, to do any tourism in the area.

On the lower end of the price spectrum were several hotels that were closer to downtown priced at, or slightly above, $100 per night, but there aren't many. Renting a car of course provides access to cheaper places outside the main areas of the city, but the cost is likely offset by the costs of rental (fees, fuel, etc). So I see little advantage there unless one plans to drive extensively. Rather than try and save this small amount I simply booked myself at the Parkway and am moving on. They also have a no fee cancellation policy just a few days prior to your booking so there is no risk. :D
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

I was seriously looking into trying to do this tour as I love America but with the pound plummeting off a cliff today and the fact I can not drive its looking less likely.

But I have never been to LA so is tempting I will admit.
Protiusmime

Post by Protiusmime »

I wonder if there will be a M&G at L.A.?
katyafan
Silver Member

Post by katyafan »

Keep in mind that the concert is not actually in LA, not even in the county. So to get anywhere fun in Los Angeles (basically downtown) will require travel, and it is a nightmare here on the freeways around downtown. You also definitely need a car, as public transportation is basically nonexistent.
TimS_TheToolman

Post by TimS_TheToolman »

Thanks everyone for the info on the hotels. We now have three concerts. Given the time intervals between the concerts, it seems Libera will be traveling by coach to each destination. This thought leads me to believe there will only be three concerts. Although, I'm holding out for a forth. :)
tom413
Gold Member

Post by tom413 »

Tim, I am certain that they will try to schedule at least one and as many as four more shows.
Protiusmime

Post by Protiusmime »

St Louis to Houston via coach is sort of doable. But Houston to Garden Grove? Doubt that. Air flight is only practical option. Garden Grove is not far from Disneyland. For visitors, hotels have shuttles and of course there is Uber and Lyft, so getting around the area isn't really an issue.
TygrHawk

Post by TygrHawk »

<sigh> Fifth largest city in the US, and the rest of the country still acts like we don't exist. :(
Wayne
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

TygrHawk wrote: <span title="Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:43 am">6 years ago</span> <sigh> Fifth largest city in the US, and the rest of the country still acts like we don't exist. :(
Is there any way by which you can attend any of the other concerts? I know it is a major hassle and a big expense, but is it at all possible; or completely and totally out of the question? You have never seen them perform and you are well overdue which is why I am asking as you deserve to see them after all of this time. :D

I'm feeling the same frustration about having to travel to Saint Louis rather than New York or Washington or Boston. I am determined to see them perform despite these challenges however, but it's definitely a financial sacrifice.
TygrHawk

Post by TygrHawk »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:47 pm">6 years ago</span>
TygrHawk wrote: <span title="Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:43 am">6 years ago</span> <sigh> Fifth largest city in the US, and the rest of the country still acts like we don't exist. :(
Is there any way by which you can attend any of the other concerts? I know it is a major hassle and a big expense, but is it at all possible; or completely and totally out of the question? You have never seen them perform and you are well overdue which is why I am asking as you deserve to see them after all of this time. :D

I'm feeling the same frustration about having to travel to Saint Louis rather than New York or Washington or Boston. I am determined to see them perform despite these challenges however, but it's definitely a financial sacrifice.
I'm afraid travel is just not possible at this time. Can't leave my wife alone, but trying to bring her would be a major hassle. Not to mention the expense.
Wayne
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

Well, since they are visiting the Los Angeles area, I wouldn't give up hope for a Phoenix visit. I get the feeling that they have at least considered Phoenix for a concert, so hopefully you will get some good news. Oddly enough, a Catholic radio show in Phoenix called the "The Bishop's Hour" briefly interviewed Robert Prizeman on April 27, 2015.
TygrHawk

Post by TygrHawk »

bachmahlerfan wrote: <span title="Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:27 pm">6 years ago</span>
Well, since they are visiting the Los Angeles area, I wouldn't give up hope for a Phoenix visit. I get the feeling that they have at least considered Phoenix for a concert, so hopefully you will get some good news. Oddly enough, a Catholic radio show in Phoenix called the "The Bishop's Hour" briefly interviewed Robert Prizeman on April 27, 2015.
Oh, I haven't given up, and I know for a fact they were considering this area. I guess I'm just afraid Houston is going to get the in-between date. They always do well in Texas. idk
Wayne
Emily_kr

Post by Emily_kr »

Hello from Korea, I joined here about 2yrs ago but I've been only reading all the posts here. I just got a new account for myself to change my username and write a post. :P

Thank you all for all those kind 103 posts, I read through them very carefully - although I have a feeling that I must've missed some parts because of my lack of english. :?

Including me, four fans from Korea are considering to go all the way to the US for this concert - but reading through the posts it seems like this tour itself is not very confirmed? Though the video of Moose and Leo gives sort of confirmation.. :roll:
We're dealing with getting our flights tickets to the US, but it's getting hard since we are looking for ways that we can go by mileages we have as much as possible. :?

Just assuming that the concerts get all confirmed and my crew get tickets to the US, I have some questions to ask :
I read that now the three concerts are announced(unofficially), but somehow I only know the concerts are the ones in LA and MO. Is the venue for the concert in Houston confirmed?
Also, we would like to go around the concerts as many as possible. Could you recommend us which transportation will be the best? Are some people going to group up and move together?
This will be my second time to the US after 5yrs but first time ever to all the other states than Orlando.
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Emily_kr wrote:I read that now the three concerts are announced(unofficially), but somehow I only know the concerts are the ones in LA and MO. Is the venue for the concert in Houston confirmed?
Hi Emily, nice to see you here :)
It's fantastic that you can attend the US tour !! :D

So far three venues have already announced to host Libera this summer and have opened tickets booking: