Libera to tour USA - Summer 2017

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

Jay_S
Silver Member

Re: Libera to tour USA

Post by Jay_S »

ChrisJ wrote: <span title="Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:59 am">6 years ago</span> I should be in LA right now, but my company (an airline) changed my trip to another continent, to say I'm not happy is somewhat of an underestimation. This means my front row ticket is available to anyone that is able to use it. I don't want anything for it, looking at the email that I got when I purchased it I think I can just email you the link to print it. So with that in mind if anyone wants to get in touch with me with an email address I'll do my very best to email you it.

Hope somebody can enjoy the concert.

Chris.
What a bummer!! I can't imagine your disappointment :cry: :cry:

I hope somebody is able to use your ticket. I really hope you get to see the show in Houston! I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you! :D
"with a down derry, derry down down"
Rebecca (:
Platinum Member

Post by Rebecca (: »

Hi there friends!
It's been a while, but I am very excited to hopefully see some of you at the concert in Houston next week! My mom and I will be attending, and are thrilled to see Libera again after so long!
Jay_S
Silver Member

Post by Jay_S »

Posted about 20 minutes ago by Libera
Attachments
Untitled-1.jpg
Untitled-1.jpg (951.13 KiB) Viewed 1768 times
Untitled-1.jpg
Untitled-1.jpg (951.13 KiB) Viewed 1768 times
Linwang3232

Post by Linwang3232 »

Each boy had a booklet from which they sang. So I don't think they are songs from their album or any songs they are so familiar of. Maybe those are traditional church music?
bachmahlerfan wrote: <span title="Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:30 pm">6 years ago</span>
Linwang3232 wrote: <span title="Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:13 pm">6 years ago</span> I was there yesterday when they did some soundcheck, and if they sing what they sang yesterday, there will be a few new songs.

---Lin
When you say "new" songs, do you mean songs that they have never performed in concert before, or songs that they haven't performed in recent concerts? Were the songs from any of their albums?
Jay_S
Silver Member

Post by Jay_S »

Set list posted by Yukibol
Attachments
Untitled-2.jpg
Untitled-2.jpg (408.01 KiB) Viewed 1738 times
Untitled-2.jpg
Untitled-2.jpg (408.01 KiB) Viewed 1738 times
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

Linwang3232 wrote: <span title="Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:19 am">6 years ago</span> Each boy had a booklet from which they sang. So I don't think they are songs from their album or any songs they are so familiar of. Maybe those are traditional church music?
Linwang3232 wrote: <span title="Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:13 pm">6 years ago</span> I was there yesterday when they did some soundcheck, and if they sing what they sang yesterday, there will be a few new songs.

---Lin
When you say "new" songs, do you mean songs that they have never performed in concert before, or songs that they haven't performed in recent concerts? Were the songs from any of their albums?
Well, another possibility would be that they're going to sing at a church service this weekend. However, it probably would have to be a Saturday evening mass/service because they don't usually do additional singing on the day of a concert.
alcesalcesobservator
Silver Member

Post by alcesalcesobservator »

bachmahlerfan wrote: <span title="Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:20 am">6 years ago</span>
Linwang3232 wrote: <span title="Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:19 am">6 years ago</span> Each boy had a booklet from which they sang. So I don't think they are songs from their album or any songs they are so familiar of. Maybe those are traditional church music?
Well, another possibility would be that they're going to sing at a church service this weekend. However, it probably would have to be a Saturday evening mass/service because they don't usually do additional singing on the day of a concert.
Libera Japan just posted on their FB page pictures of the boys performing at the closing concert for a music camp the cathedral put on. That was probably what the booklets were for. Image
frankstuart

Post by frankstuart »

Does anyone know (or have a guess) how many "Libera Moms" are chaperoning the trip this year? I want to do a little something special for them at the Houston Concert for their sacrifice and dedication to the group and helping the young men on the tour.

Thanks for any information you can share.

Frank
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

Jay_S wrote: <span title="Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:13 am">6 years ago</span> Set list posted by Yukibol
I think that "San Damiano" is the first song, but it was cut out from the picture. Someone should alert Yorkie that the set list does not include "Exultate", although maybe it will be done as an encore. I'm still a little annoyed that some of my favorite songs from the new album ("Three Ravens", "Venite Adoremus", "Benedictus Deus", "Stabat Mater") may be the most challenging to perform in concert. I wonder if we'll ever hear "Three Ravens" or "Venite Adoremus" performed live, but I think the other two will eventually be performed live.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

bachmahlerfan wrote: <span title="Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:00 am">6 years ago</span>
Jay_S wrote: <span title="Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:13 am">6 years ago</span> Set list posted by Yukibol
I think that "San Damiano" is the first song, but it was cut out from the picture. Someone should alert Yorkie that the set list does not include "Exultate", although maybe it will be done as an encore.
Encore was 'America' 😀
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Yorkie wrote: <span title="Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:35 am">6 years ago</span>
bachmahlerfan wrote: <span title="Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:00 am">6 years ago</span>
I think that "San Damiano" is the first song, but it was cut out from the picture. Someone should alert Yorkie that the set list does not include "Exultate", although maybe it will be done as an encore.
Encore was 'America' 😀

So funny so exultant was finally dropped after about 4/5 years and you wasn't even there
Nate_sdakota

Post by Nate_sdakota »

Hi Everyone!

My name is Nathan, and I just came back from the concert at Christ Cathedral. I'm not very gifted with words, and my musical education is null. So I'll just sum everything up by saying that I had goosebumps almost the entire. I'm also embarassed to say that I almost had "leaky" eyes when they walked onto stage the first time. (Not sure if stage is the correct term, I think they might hold mass up there but I didn't see any altar). The room was packed and I was very excited to see that.

The songs were amazing. I was very happy to hear them sing Libera. I know they do it at almost every concert, but this is my fourth one and is only the first time I've heard them sing Libera. I don't know if you're a real Libera concert goer if you haven't heard them sing their flagship song! There was a wonderful moment when the Orange County diocesean children's choir joined Libera for a quick few verses. The parents of one of the girls that was in the choir was sitting next to me. They were very excited.

Speaking of those parents, we chatted quite a bit during intermission and after the concert. They were very shocked to hear I travelled all the way from South Dakota to attend. I wonder how shocked they'd be if they found out that people travelled from all over the world to visit! At the end of the concert, one of them turned to me and said, "I am now a huge fan." Her husband looked at me and said that he had never heard anything like them in his life. It was the best concert he had been to. He's a big fan of the USAF Academy Choir and said that the academy choir pales in comparison to Libera.

Libera gained a lot of new fans this weekend from the Orange County residents. Another couple next to me, kept saying "wow" after every single song. Another couple were talking during intermission about how they have never thought choirs could sing so powerfully and beautifully. I heard similar statements from all lots of different people that I spoke with.

Libera did do a meet an greet. The poor boys were all so very exhausted. I believe California is about 9 hours behind their local time. I'm just guessing though, I'm too tired to look it up! Anyways, the boys were very delightful to chat with. Well, the teenagers were. A lot of the younger ones were too focused on staying awake. Lol! (I got in near the end of the meet and greet line so maybe they were a little more awake at the beginning). I did make Peter (I believe that's his name) perk up quite a bit when I told him I loved the sunglasses he was wearing during a video he made earlier today.

The evening was very enjoyable, and I wish I had the musical education to describe the songs, but I don't so I won't. I'm sure most of you have heard a lot of them already! A funny, but kind regrettable thing did happen though. Libera had basic programmes that they passed out, but they also had a bigger booklet as well that they were going to sell for a premium. Their printer got confused and ended up handing out the booklets to some lucky people to free! Someone from Christ Cathedral did ask for people to donate some extra money to make up for the loss of revenue from the booklets being handed for free. When I was purchasing a hoodie, a lot of people went back there and donated money, and that was really great to see.

If this was your first concert, you got a really great one. If you've been to a few already (this was my fourth), you also got a fantastic concert. If you haven't been to one, I'd make it a priority at least. Their concerns are absolutely amazing.
Linwang3232

Post by Linwang3232 »

Just got back from the concert. It was great and I am most impressed with Gabe and Rocco's performance. Gabe improved a lot since last time I heard him live two years ago, where he sang Always With You. He can manage his voice so well now and it's so smooth and beautiful. Rocco sang so skillfully and I loved it.

I also sat behind Peter's grandparents who are from the US and drove here. They are really proud of Peter and told me some personal stories (which I will not disclose). But when Peter said on stage that he was half American in his speech, his grandparents are like the happiest grandparents in the world.
Viktar

Post by Viktar »

dani wrote: <span title="Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:47 am">6 years ago</span> So funny so exultant was finally dropped after about 4/5 years and you wasn't even there
Actually it wasn't. Exultate was not listed in the cathedral flyer for some reason, but it is there in the official programme.
frankstuart

Post by frankstuart »

Nate_sdakota wrote: <span title="Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:18 am">6 years ago</span> Hi Everyone!

My name is Nathan, and I just came back from the concert at Christ Cathedral. I'm not very gifted with words, and my musical education is null. So I'll just sum everything up by saying that I had goosebumps almost the entire. I'm also embarassed to say that I almost had "leaky" eyes when they walked onto stage the first time. (Not sure if stage is the correct term, I think they might hold mass up there but I didn't see any altar). The room was packed and I was very excited to see that.
Thanks for the report. You did a great job describing your feelings and conveying the emotions of the night. You ARE gifted with expressing your thoughts and how the concert affected you.

I play their music every weekend when I have my shop open at the flea market where I sell jewlery. My customers really enjoy the ambiance it lends. I have had some really great conversations about the group and hopefully made some converts in the process!

Thanks again for sharing with us. I can't wait to see them in Houston. It will be my second live concert!