Libera to tour USA - Summer 2017

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

filiarheni
Gold Member

Re: Libera to tour USA

Post by filiarheni »

Yorkie wrote: <span title="Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:59 pm">6 years ago</span> I wondered if the ticket sales from the Vallendar concert went to the nuns (hence such a low price) and in exchange the church provided Libera with food and beds for their stay. The collection money then went to Libera to help offset the cost of their trip to Poland. That's my guess anyway
Hm ... I'm not knowledgeable at all about Libera's internal processes like how they make their agreements about accomodation and so on. You may be right. Yet, I still believe that the low ticket fee (reduced even only 5 €) has to do with generating audience, making people try a Libera concert.

The reasons for thinking that way are 1st that, as I mentioned, Libera is very unknown in Germany.
Then the concert was announced extremely late: by Schönstatt on 24th June (39 days), by Libera official on 11th/12thJuly on twitter and on their homepage (23/22 days). How many people are able at these late moments to plan or keep the date available for attending? There were not even rumours before.
And 3rd: The date was more or less in the middle of the school summer holidays of nearly all our federal states, for 2 of them it was at the edge.

Considering all this, I do believe that selling their tickets at their normal price level would have been too risky. And even if they had earned the same amount of money in the end, I find it better in this case to sell 800 cheap tickets than 300 expensive ones, because more audience is a) more motivating and b) can create more supporters for the future. Also, if they had made the tickets more expensive to give a part of it to the sisters and use the other part to afford the journey, they would - I guess - not have earned as much money as they did by their door collection (and they wouldn't have had one with more expensive tickets, most probably).

So, maybe they gave all the ticket revenues to the nuns for food and accomodation and then could keep all the door collection to meet their other financial obligations. Which in the end is the better deal, if I haven't overlooked something. In this case, please correct me. My thoughts don't have to be contradictory to what you think, Yorkie - maybe it was a combination of both.
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Emily_kr wrote: <span title="Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:01 pm">6 years ago</span> I heard that Libera has arrived in LA safely today.
For me, I'm staying in Korea safe & sound - and I will be so for weeks and months. :cry:
Me and my friends' plan for joining the Libera US tour has gone to be impossible. It definitely broke my heart as I had to admit it,(we could've even made it to the party :shock: ) but I guess there will be another chance for me.
I wanted to thank everyone who helped me as I was planning out my tour plan, all the informations you shared with me really helped a Lot. Thank you so much for your help and attention.
Though I cannot be there as a person, fans in Korea did a quick little donations together for them, and that made me feel better. :D
I wish all the concert-going people safe travels, and a great time with Libera and other fans!
Many photos and videos will be very much appreciated!! :wink:
I am so so sorry!! :( :cry: It is a terrible disappointment when you try so hard, putting in time and effort, and then it does not work out!

They will likely be back in Korea sometime in the future and you will get to hear them again; this disappointment forgotten.

But I must say that it is incredibly kind that you and your friends gave money to support the tour despite the heavy disappointment of not being able to attend.

You will be with us in spirit I assure you!
Jay_S
Silver Member

Post by Jay_S »

Thanks to filiarheni, bachmahlerfan and Yorkie for enlightening me as to the marketing strategy and benefits of giving away or reducing the price tickets to concerts. I certainly wouldn't have thought of some of the reasons you all gave. It all seems to make sense :)
"with a down derry, derry down down"
frankstuart

Post by frankstuart »

hiskeys wrote: <span title="Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:39 pm">6 years ago</span> I would imagine music departments in schools as well as local arts groups (classical, opera, etc.) might allow a flyer or some such thing. That might best be done by someone local, although I guess flyers could be mailed if they're interested. I suppose if you somehow link to the flyer in an email (in addition to links to sample videos), they could just print out their own.
I did the same thing - an email blitz for all five concerts including about 600 children's choir, church choirs, and civic performing group, etc. Reminder emails will go out about one week prior to the performance dates.

I started to include school choirs, university groups etc. before realizing that most of these were closed for the summer and word would not get out through them. The announcements of performance dates came too late to make contacting them realistic.

Was really glad to hear about the free seats in Tulsa because there were very few groups and choirs to contact in the area with the exception of church groups.
frankstuart

Post by frankstuart »

hiskeys wrote: <span title="Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:39 am">6 years ago</span>
Bachmahlerfan said: I noticed that the Houston based Fort Bend Boys Choir promoted the upcoming Libera concert in Houston on their social media accounts. They are considered one of the largest boys choir organizations in the country, so they may help attract some extra concertgoers. It's funny how some groups will eagerly promote a Libera concert, while others will act like they don't even exist.
I remember that they got together (at least for photos) with a children's choir last time they were in Texas; not sure of the name of it though. It's the 9th picture down on the right hand side, right next to the large picture of Gabe.

http://libera.org.uk/gallery/usa_spring_2015/

I would imagine that any singing or choral groups, amateur or professional, would be good places to advertise Libera concerts.

All of the youth choral groups and choirs in all five performance areas were notified by a very explicit email during my blitz! So I really hope there will be a large group attracted to each venue. Ticket prices are extremely affordable which should make it even more attractive. They will receive a follow up email about a week before each performance, too. Hopefully Libera will have full houses for every concert!
frankstuart

Post by frankstuart »

TimS_TheToolman wrote: <span title="Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:35 pm">6 years ago</span>
Emily_kr wrote: <span title="Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:14 pm">6 years ago</span> I see. So with the other venues, you get your tickets by mail?
I guess I should arrive to the venue super early for Tulsa, OK.
Thank you Tim :D
No, the St. Louis venue is the only one that offered the option of print at home or receive your ticket through the mail. All the other venue tickets are printed at home only. Thinking in hind sight, I should have printed this ticket instead of request one in the mail. I don't know when I'll be receiving it.
john45 wrote: <span title="Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:34 pm">6 years ago</span> No seat number on my "print at home" ticket for "special front seating".
Thanks John, that answers that question.
Actually, Houston has "Print at Home" tickets and does have premium seating, but I don't believe they have assigned seats. From what I've heard the premium seats are sold out already, which makes me glad I ordered as soon as Libera announced the tour! Hope all of the other venues are selling well, too.
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

frankstuart wrote: <span title="Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:39 am">6 years ago</span>
hiskeys wrote: <span title="Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:39 pm">6 years ago</span> I would imagine music departments in schools as well as local arts groups (classical, opera, etc.) might allow a flyer or some such thing. That might best be done by someone local, although I guess flyers could be mailed if they're interested. I suppose if you somehow link to the flyer in an email (in addition to links to sample videos), they could just print out their own.
I did the same thing - an email blitz for all five concerts including about 600 children's choir, church choirs, and civic performing group, etc. Reminder emails will go out about one week prior to the performance dates.

I started to include school choirs, university groups etc. before realizing that most of these were closed for the summer and word would not get out through them. The announcements of performance dates came too late to make contacting them realistic.

Was really glad to hear about the free seats in Tulsa because there were very few groups and choirs to contact in the area with the exception of church groups.
Well, it's good to know that others were trying to help promote the concert as well. I wasn't as comprehensive with e-mailing, but I focused on churches and some choral/arts organizations. I also contacted some school choir directors, places where they offer music lessons, and some religious goods stores. I always tried to send an e-mail directly to music directors, choir directors, worship directors, etc. if possible. You never know what might happen when you send it to the general e-mail. Even with music directors, you don't know if they are too "sophisticated" for Libera, so I often sent the e-mail to multiple people at the church if possible. I was unsure about attaching Youtube links when I found out that a couple recipients received the e-mail in their junk folder. On the other hand, the links are nice if the recipients are unfamiliar with the group. I have no doubt that Calvary Comm. Church will have the lowest attendance, but hopefully it won't be as low as I fear.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

frankstuart wrote: <span title="Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:45 am">6 years ago</span> All of the youth choral groups and choirs in all five performance areas were notified by a very explicit email during my blitz! So I really hope there will be a large group attracted to each venue. Ticket prices are extremely affordable which should make it even more attractive. They will receive a follow up email about a week before each performance, too. Hopefully Libera will have full houses for every concert!
Wow, thank you for doing what you can to promote them! :D Let us hope that your efforts bear fruit.

By the way, welcome to Libera Dreams! Perhaps you would care to make an introductory post over at the Introduce Yourself sub-forum and tell us a bit about yourself, how you discovered Libera, your favorite songs, and so on. You must be a really dedicated and serious fan to have sent a barrage of emails promoting them so it would be great to get to know you better! Which of the concerts will you be attending, if any? I would love to read more from you.
frankstuart

Post by frankstuart »

bachmahlerfan wrote: <span title="Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:40 am">6 years ago</span>

Well, it's good to know that others were trying to help promote the concert as well. I wasn't as comprehensive with e-mailing, but I focused on churches and some choral/arts organizations. I also contacted some school choir directors, places where they offer music lessons, and some religious goods stores. I always tried to send an e-mail directly to music directors, choir directors, worship directors, etc. if possible. You never know what might happen when you send it to the general e-mail. Even with music directors, you don't know if they are too "sophisticated" for Libera, so I often sent the e-mail to multiple people at the church if possible. I was unsure about attaching Youtube links when I found out that a couple recipients received the e-mail in their junk folder. On the other hand, the links are nice if the recipients are unfamiliar with the group. I have no doubt that Calvary Comm. Church will have the lowest attendance, but hopefully it won't be as low as I fear.
It's wonderful that you sent all those emails to help promote the boys. You had the right idea about multiple emails to some of the churches. You never know which one might take an interest and help spread the word. Don't know if attaching youtube links makes it end up in the spam folder.

Again, Great job!!!!
john45
Gold Member

Post by john45 »

First look at who's on tour.
Looks to be missing Victor Wiggin, James Menezes and Alexandre Menuet from Japan. Gained Nathaniel Bates-Fisher, Joseph Cranitch, and Luke Jelley (or is it Samuel Collins?). Assuming it is Tadgh behind Taichi but not sure who is between Marc and Alex M. Twenty six in all.
Attachments
DFrJL4UXUAI8CF7.jpg
DFrJL4UXUAI8CF7.jpg (155.21 KiB) Viewed 1131 times
DFrJL4UXUAI8CF7.jpg
DFrJL4UXUAI8CF7.jpg (155.21 KiB) Viewed 1131 times
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

Well, it's currently 74 degrees Fahrenheit in Santa Monica. That's probably the mildest afternoon weather they'll experience during their tour. It's too bad they couldn't have a group as big as they hoped, but I'm sure they'll still sound great. At least all the main soloists are present. We'll have to see if there are any late arrivals yet to come.
Libera Snow

Post by Libera Snow »

Dear members,

It's very nice to see you guys....I am a new member-TODAY!
I love Libera's sound or harmony and they still make me cry.
About two years ago I knew Libera on the TV and it's a video of Christmas in Ireland.
I was so impressed with their performance and cried a lot......It's so beautiful and pure.

It's my dream to listen to their voices at the concert.
Finally I will go to their concert soon! I'm so happy.
I guess you totally understand my feeling.

I may see you there.

Sincerely,

Libera Snow
tom413
Gold Member

Post by tom413 »

Sorry to chime in late on the issue of Tulsa ticket pricing, but I've been busy driving myself to California. :)
It is my understanding that the philosophy of Asbury UMC is what prevents offering tickets for sale.
Libera will need more donations at this stop than any other to help pay the bills as they have no guaranteed revenue source. On the bright side, with a "free" entry they should have a large audience to earn donations from.

There were 3 "free" concerts and one with a minimal ($10?) entrance fee in 2010. There was no major sponsor on that tour and the tour was a financial loser for Libera. Libera took a calculated risk to try the free will ticket policy in an attempt to build fan support. They had used that system in 2009 when they came to California for two concerts on very short notice (they were replacements for a planned Korean leg of that tour) and did okay all things considered. In 2010 the policy was most successful in Texas where they have built a good fanbase of concertgoers going forward, not so much in the southern cities selected for that tour.
hiskeys
Silver Member

Post by hiskeys »

Wow, you're a regular marketing machine! From all us Libera fans (and Libera, I'm sure), thanks for all your efforts. Perhaps Libera can 'employ' you during their next US tour, and include some kind of reward.
hiskeys
Silver Member

Post by hiskeys »

Libera Snow wrote: <span title="Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:52 pm">6 years ago</span> Dear members,

It's very nice to see you guys....I am a new member-TODAY!
I love Libera's sound or harmony and they still make me cry.
About two years ago I knew Libera on the TV and it's a video of Christmas in Ireland.
I was so impressed with their performance and cried a lot......It's so beautiful and pure.

It's my dream to listen to their voices at the concert.
Finally I will go to their concert soon! I'm so happy.
I guess you totally understand my feeling.

I may see you there.

Sincerely,

Libera Snow
A big welcome, Libera Snow! Feel free to copy and paste your post in the "Introduce Yourself" main topic thread as well. It's nice to get to know each other.