Libera to tour USA - Summer 2017

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

john45
Gold Member

Re: Libera to tour USA

Post by john45 »

---but nothing has yet been confirmed by Official Libera - though according to the US organiser (see Libera.org) more than half the funds for Visas and Airfares have been raised so it is looking promising. If all goes well I expect there will be further concerts announced somewhere between Los Angeles and Houston and between Houston and St. Louis and perhaps even before LA. I would hold off on booking non-refundable flights at least until it is certain where/when the tour will start and finish. Making a donation would help to make this happen.
TimS_TheToolman

Post by TimS_TheToolman »

U.S.A. Tour concerts are now up on Libera.org.uk.
https://libera.org.uk/events/calendar/

Only the ones we discovered the past couple of weeks are listed. Is it possible others will be added later?
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

TimS_TheToolman wrote: <span title="Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:04 am">6 years ago</span> U.S.A. Tour concerts are now up on Libera.org.uk.

Only the ones we discovered the past couple of weeks are listed. Is it possible others will be added later?
Well, I'm guessing that they will do at least five concerts. Three concerts would seem rather minimal considering the length of the tour and the distance they are covering from LA to St. Louis. I'm not expecting them to visit my home state of Minnesota however, because that would probably involve a longer tour compared to past summer tours. I'm still hoping that Tygrhawk and other Arizona fans will get their wish for a Libera concert.
TimS_TheToolman

Post by TimS_TheToolman »

bachmahlerfan wrote: <span title="Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:34 am">6 years ago</span>
TimS_TheToolman wrote: <span title="Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:04 am">6 years ago</span> U.S.A. Tour concerts are now up on Libera.org.uk.

Well, I'm guessing that they will do at least five concerts. Three concerts would seem rather minimal considering the length of the tour and the distance they are covering from LA to St. Louis.
I agree, the current schedule leaves a lot of time to be filled with activities. Hopefully there will be additional venues listed, soon.
chris17

Post by chris17 »

There's a 4th date now listed on libera.org.uk - Westlake Village, CA on July 30. :)
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

chris17 wrote: <span title="Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:39 am">6 years ago</span> There's a 4th date now listed on libera.org.uk - Westlake Village, CA on July 30. :)
By the pictures I've seen of the church interior, it looks more like an auditorium/convention center space than a church. They've hosted a number of contemporary Christian music ensembles, including Michael W. Smith. The local orchestra has performed there as well. There will probably be more Latin uttered in this concert than during the entire history of Calvary Community Church! Well, maybe I'm exaggerating slightly, since there are some contemporary Christian musicians who insert some Latin phrases into their songs.
tom413
Gold Member

Post by tom413 »

This looks like a fantastic venue! It reminds me of the Stonebriar Church in Frisco, Texas. I notice that this concert is scheduled on a Sunday.
I predict a long day for the most avid fans and for Libera.
tom413
Gold Member

Post by tom413 »

Emily_kr wrote: <span title="Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:05 am">6 years ago</span> Hello from Korea, I joined here about 2yrs ago but I've been only reading all the posts here. I just got a new account for myself to change my username and write a post. :P

Also, we would like to go around the concerts as many as possible. Could you recommend us which transportation will be the best? Are some people going to group up and move together?
Hi Emily!

It's nice to have you participating here. The best way to travel America is probably by car. If your friends are as young as you are that could be quite expensive as rental rates are higher unless the renter is over 25. We do have bus service as well, but perhaps not as nice as the coaches I rode while in your country. I don't think many people have made definitive travel plans yet. We are waiting for the tour dates to be finalized.
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

tom413 wrote: <span title="Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:48 am">6 years ago</span> This looks like a fantastic venue! It reminds me of the Stonebriar Church in Frisco, Texas. I notice that this concert is scheduled on a Sunday.
I predict a long day for the most avid fans and for Libera.
I agree that this venue will be a good one. The church seems to have a large seating capacity, although maybe not as large as Stonebriar Church, which supposedly has a 3,000 seat capacity. While the location is further from downtown L.A. than the other scheduled concert, at least it's on the opposite side from the other concert venue, which will make it a more convenient location for those on the northwest side of the L.A. metro. In addition, concert attendees don't have to worry about rush hour traffic because the concert is on Sunday. I wonder if they will make use of the large screens available in the church for those sitting far from the stage.
hiskeys
Silver Member

Post by hiskeys »

Being in the LA area for (at least) two concerts, I wonder if there was any effort to contact Disney and/or Universal.

If I remember, didn't they sing at a Disney stage, maybe back in 2009? And with the connections they've had with Universal Studios Japan (the Angel recording, outdoor Christmas extravaganza, etc.), maybe they could sing at a stage of some type. "Sing for their supper" - maybe the park would let them in for free for singing . . . then again, probably not.

Another fleeting thought - If they do end up stopping in Phoenix, maybe they could make acquaintance with the Phoenix Chorale and then ask Ola Gjeilo to write a song for them. He was composer-in-residence for the Chorale in 2009-2010.
Emily_kr

Post by Emily_kr »

fan_de_LoK wrote: <span title="Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:02 pm">6 years ago</span> Hi Emily, nice to see you here :)
It's fantastic that you can attend the US tour !! :D

So far three venues have already announced to host Libera this summer and have opened tickets booking:
Thank you Patrick for your warm welcome and making plans clearer! :D Now it's on the official website so it makes things way better. But turns out my flights ticket situation is yet not sure and seems to be getting even worse :"( I'm still holding on to a bit of HOPE we have.
john45 wrote: <span title="Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:12 pm">6 years ago</span> ---but nothing has yet been confirmed by Official Libera ... I would hold off on booking non-refundable flights at least until it is certain where/when the tour will start and finish. Making a donation would help to make this happen.
Although it's on the official website, I do have that in mind that this thing, maybe the whole thing could be cancelled in any situation, I experienced it in Korea in 2015 - the whole tour cancelled because of MERS. :| I'm spreading the donation news to the whole korean fan forum, I hope it helps.
tom413 wrote: <span title="Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:55 am">6 years ago</span>
Emily_kr wrote: <span title="Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:05 am">6 years ago</span> Hello from Korea, I joined here about 2yrs ago but I've been only reading all the posts here. I just got a new account for myself to change my username and write a post. :P

Also, we would like to go around the concerts as many as possible. Could you recommend us which transportation will be the best? Are some people going to group up and move together?
Hi Emily!

It's nice to have you participating here. The best way to travel America is probably by car. If your friends are as young as you are that could be quite expensive as rental rates are higher unless the renter is over 25. We do have bus service as well, but perhaps not as nice as the coaches I rode while in your country. I don't think many people have made definitive travel plans yet. We are waiting for the tour dates to be finalized.
Hi Tom, it's nice to see you here too! :D
Thank you for the information. For now we have about 2-4 people(including me) and one of us is an adult and she is a good driver. So moving around in a state looks like we will go by a car. But we were thinking that it will be too much to drive all the way to the other states. Depending of every other more things to come, our travel might be just for CA or for more - if it works out to go for more than CA, do you think going by car will still be the best option?
Protiusmime

Post by Protiusmime »

For those who are looking for tickets to the Libera concert on July 30, 2017 at the Calvary Community Church in Westlake Village, CA - here is the link to purchase tickets:

https://calvary101.ccbchurch.com/form_r ... php?id=908

Tickets are $15 and is open seating. Sanctuary seats 2500.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Hi Emily! :D Good to see you here! Sorry for not greeting you sooner but I have been extremely busy.
Emily_kr wrote: <span title="Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:13 pm">6 years ago</span> Depending of every other more things to come, our travel might be just for CA or for more - if it works out to go for more than CA, do you think going by car will still be the best option?
I know that you were asking Tom413, but I thought I would chime in anyway. :wink:

My personal opinion is that unless you want a long (20+ hours :shock: for Houston and another 12+ for Saint Louis) road trip in the middle of an American summer, I would not suggest it. A plane would be far more efficient. However, if you want an adventure, then driving would be a fun adventure to have. :D
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

Libera just posted another concert date for August 6 at Asbury United Methodist Church in Tulsa, OK. I read an article stating that it seats 2200. The article talks about a fancy environmental projection lighting system installed in the church. I wonder if Libera could make use of it somehow. It looks like a nice concert venue.
john45
Gold Member

Post by john45 »

Attachments
TldQAdWy.jpg
TldQAdWy.jpg (87.59 KiB) Viewed 1562 times
TldQAdWy.jpg
TldQAdWy.jpg (87.59 KiB) Viewed 1562 times
WC77RIma.jpg
WC77RIma.jpg (88.28 KiB) Viewed 1562 times
WC77RIma.jpg