Libera to tour USA - Summer 2017

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

tom413
Gold Member

Re: Libera to tour USA

Post by tom413 »

bachmahlerfan wrote: <span title="Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:33 pm">6 years ago</span> I found another date for a Libera concert this summer in Los Angeles on Friday, July 28th. Here's the link:
https://christ-cathedral-concerts.ticke ... ra/details
I guess you could call it the church formerly known as the Crystal Cathedral, but is now the cathedral for the diocese of Orange, CA. The only part that puzzles me is that the concert location is the Christ Cathedral Arboretum, which is a separate building from the main cathedral.
Thanks for that link! Tickets purchased. From what I've read, the cathedral is currently being renovated into a proper Catholic place of worship and won't be open until 2019. The Arboretum was the original place of worship before the cathedral was built and is the current place of worship for the congregation. The tour will clearly be going west to east, but an opening day one week after schools let out seems a bit later than usual. Not sure if that means we should be looking for another concert a few days before this one or not.
tom413
Gold Member

Post by tom413 »

Protiusmime wrote: <span title="Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:18 pm">6 years ago</span> I wonder if the level of confidence among Libera planners as to audience attendance is such that they are not concerned with early notice? I know they won't announce speculation, but wise planning in advance takes into account the time necessary in approaching and settling up with the venues - and do so in time to gain the greatest attendance for their own (and our) benefits.
I'm sure overconfidence has nothing to do with the speed of the process.
Rather, consider the tremendous outlay of cash that needs to be available to achieve the wise planning we all would like. Generally, tours that are set up with OPM have long lead times because the sponsoring organizations have the resources to front the money for tour costs. All indications are that this tour will be entirely self funded which means the money for tour costs have to be paid by Libera (and its financial supporters - as PBS puts it - people like you and me :) )
On the positive side, the concert revenue flows back into Libera's coffers, but the government and the airlines won't take an IOU guaranteed by future ticket or souvenir sales. I'm hopeful that advance-ticket revenue will be available to help with expenses and if so, that those opportunities to raise revenue (and help us plan) are posted sooner rather than later.
Protiusmime

Post by Protiusmime »

Christ Cathedral sent the following info to me: The seating consists of 8-10 rows of special front seating with general seating behind that. Here is a photo of the Arboretum as it is.
Attachments
IMG_1150.JPG
Christ Cathedral Arboretum
IMG_1150.JPG (325.64 KiB) Viewed 1613 times
IMG_1150.JPG (325.64 KiB) Viewed 1613 times
TimS_TheToolman

Post by TimS_TheToolman »

tom413 wrote: <span title="Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:56 am">6 years ago</span> All indications are that this tour will be entirely self funded which means the money for tour costs have to be paid by Libera (and its financial supporters - as PBS puts it - people like you and me :) )
On the positive side, the concert revenue flows back into Libera's coffers, but the government and the airlines won't take an IOU guaranteed by future ticket or souvenir sales. I'm hopeful that advance-ticket revenue will be available to help with expenses and if so, that those opportunities to raise revenue (and help us plan) are posted sooner rather than later.
I'm going to stick a plug in here, to all of Libera's supporters and interested fans:
To further help with funding this tour, in line with "people like you and me," it would be a huge help to Libera to go to https://libera.org and donate (if you haven't done so already) what every you can afford to send to help provide the up front cash needed to secure venues, travel, lodging, etc. for their summer tour.

Have my tickets that are currently available. :D
chris17

Post by chris17 »

I bought tickets to LA and also donated to libera.org. This will be my first Libera concert, if all goes well. :D
katyafan
Silver Member

Post by katyafan »

So let's plan a get-together, I want to finally meet you all!
andmar
Silver Member

Post by andmar »

The oldest (I guess) and the most experienced member of Libera is coming to US too!

TygrHawk

Post by TygrHawk »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:42 am">6 years ago</span> So this tour is really shaping up! This definitively answers our previous conversation with Yorkie in which he expressed his belief that the St Louis concert would occur at the end of the tour. His suspicion looks to be proven correct.

As of right now we have:

Los Angeles on Friday, July 28
St Louis on Wednesday, August 9

I think it's a safe bet that there will be another concert between those two dates.
Yep, right between them. Both in time and space. At least that's my hope (I suggested a few venues around here).
Wayne
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

TygrHawk wrote: <span title="Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:22 pm">6 years ago</span>
Surpinto wrote: <span title="Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:42 am">6 years ago</span> So this tour is really shaping up! This definitively answers our previous conversation with Yorkie in which he expressed his belief that the St Louis concert would occur at the end of the tour. His suspicion looks to be proven correct.

As of right now we have:

Los Angeles on Friday, July 28
St Louis on Wednesday, August 9

I think it's a safe bet that there will be another concert between those two dates.
Yep, right between them. Both in time and space. At least that's my hope (I suggested a few venues around here).
I was thinking the same actually and I really hope it happens for you! :D
tom413
Gold Member

Post by tom413 »

katyafan wrote: <span title="Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:36 am">6 years ago</span> So let's plan a get-together, I want to finally meet you all!
Based on the tickets selling scheme likely being segmented general admission at every place, the best place to arrange to meet everyone may well be in the queue outside the various locations. I've met most of my closest Libera friends that way.

I'm looking forward to meeting some new people on this tour. :)
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

tom413 wrote: <span title="Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:16 am">6 years ago</span>
katyafan wrote: <span title="Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:36 am">6 years ago</span> So let's plan a get-together, I want to finally meet you all!
Based on the tickets selling scheme likely being segmented general admission at every place, the best place to arrange to meet everyone may well be in the queue outside the various locations. I've met most of my closest Libera friends that way.

I'm looking forward to meeting some new people on this tour. :)
As of right now I am planning to only attend the Saint Louis concert due to the associated travel costs. However, I have never been to this city and would like to take advantage of my time there for sightseeing and an overall mini-vacation. While the concert is Wednesday night, my plan is to fly in on Monday evening and then spend Tuesday on various tourist enterprises. So parts of Tuesday and all of Wednesday I would be pretty much free to meet up with other fans if anybody wants to get lunch, hang out, go see stuff...whatever. :D
TimS_TheToolman

Post by TimS_TheToolman »

Does anyone have any recommendations for hotels near the concert venues in L.A. and St. Louis?
tom413
Gold Member

Post by tom413 »

Hotels around these two locations are going to be pricey.
In St Louis, the closest sites are a Holiday Inn Express currently on Kayak at $135 on concert night, the Parkway Hotel ($145) and the Chase Park Plaza ($189).
In Orange County there are many choices up and down Harbor Boulevard, the Cathedral is not very far from Disneyland. If you have a vehicle, most of the hotels nearest the Cathedral are going to charge to park as well. The last time Libera sang there, I stayed at a nice Sheraton in Cerritos and commuted.
tom413
Gold Member

Post by tom413 »

Another concert date has been publicly posted. Tallowood Baptist Church in Houston has announced an August 3rd date on their website.
http://www.tallowood.org/calendar/

This will be the a return visit. Tallowood was the final stop on the 2011 Summer Tour.
I'm looking forward to going back.
Looking at Rebecca's meet & greet video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1_p1FmT5T0 it looks like only
Isaac was along as last Libera was in Houston.
TygrHawk

Post by TygrHawk »

tom413 wrote: <span title="Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:40 am">6 years ago</span> Another concert date has been publicly posted. Tallowood Baptist Church in Houston has announced an August 3rd date on their website.
http://www.tallowood.org/calendar/

This will be the a return visit. Tallowood was the final stop on the 2011 Summer Tour.
I'm looking forward to going back.
Looking at Rebecca's meet & greet video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1_p1FmT5T0 it looks like only
Isaac was along as last Libera was in Houston.
Well nuts. That's about the date I was hoping they'd come to Phoenix, probably won't happen now. Ah well, perhaps another time.
Wayne