Post by alcesalcesobservator »

From Libera Japan's Facebook:
"Libera will come back to Japan in May 2017!"
Ye Olde Globe Trotters can get some great plane tickets, if you hurry! :lol:
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Re: Japan Tour May 2017

Post by Surpinto »

Yes indeed, no definite dates or venues yet but this has been announced by both the Japanese Libera Affiliate Libera Records and by Kajimoto Music.

Speculations by Yuki at her Libera Japan Facebook page are that the dates will likely coincide with the half-term break in the UK school system May 27 through June 4.

This should be very exciting news for those who can potentially make it to these concerts :D

filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

Facebook Japan talks about releasing the new album previously, so this will be a promotion tour for Libera's new album, am I right (still asking as a newbie-fan)?
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

filiarheni wrote:Facebook Japan talks about releasing the new album previously, so this will be a promotion tour for Libera's new album, am I right (still asking as a newbie-fan)?
Honestly, we have no idea. A new studio album would be great (hopefully with a lot of original new material) We know they have been recording something because of their Twitter account. All we can say is the omens look good for something next year :D
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Good news for Japan fans, I'm sure the venues will be filled again for the return of their favourite vocal boy group.

Has any keen eyed traveller or heritage enthusiast identified that building shown in their photo shoot pictures? It must be somewhere of worship with the crucifix in the background.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

The dates of the concert have been released by tour organizer Kajimoto (read here in Japanese and in English)

They will perform 3 concerts in two cities :

• Tokyo
    May 29 (Monday) 19: 00
    May 30 (Tue) 19: 00
    Venue: Bunkamura Orchard Hall
  • Osaka
    June 2 (Fri) 19: 00
    Venue: Osaka International Conference Hall (Grand Cube Osaka)
The Bunkamura Orchard Hall in Tokyo is quite large, it hosts 2,150 seats.
This prestigious venue is well known by Libera, they already performed there in 2007, 2009, 2010 and 2012.

Interesting fact : Including the two 2017 performances, that theatre is by far the venue where libera performs the more concerts.
They will have performed not less than 10 concerts there !! :)
The next more popular venues are the St George Cathedral RC, Southwark with 6 performances, and the Arundel Cathedral and St. John's Church Upper Norwood with 5 performances.

The International Conference Hall in Osaka is also known by Libera, they performed there last year for a Christmas concert, on December 21. The main Hall has a capacity up to 2,754 seats (!!)
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

JimmyRiddle wrote: Has any keen eyed traveller or heritage enthusiast identified that building shown in their photo shoot pictures? It must be somewhere of worship with the crucifix in the background.
No but I do recognise it's the Cross of San Damiano, associated with St. Francis and the Franciscans.
(Why is it called the cross of San Damiano? Because St. Francis saw this cross in a chapel in San Damiano near Assisi when he went through his conversion. This place San Damiano is near Assisi but it is not the same San Damiano from the song by Sal Solo and Libera (sadly))

ETA - the images in the background look very similar to the Communion of Saints tapestries by John Nava (google images)
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Tickets are now on sale. :D

Kajimoto has tweeted out information about tickets for the Japanese tour. Tickets for "members" (I assume members of Kajimoto) can buy tickets today while those who are not can buy tickets on the 15th.

The website is in Japanese, though there is an English language version of the site (upper-right hand corner) but it seems somewhat unreliable as some webpages, including the one announcing ticket sale dates, are unavailable in English. Instead, google translate is needed to effectively navigate the site.

Who from Libera Dreams is going? The logistics and expense make it impossible for me, but Libera has a lot of fans in Japan and many who would travel to Japan to see them as well.
ludwig1874
Silver Member

Post by ludwig1874 »

Can you tell me the exact dates? I am living in China (as you might allready know), and it is possible for me to fly. Unfortunately twitter is blocked here, I can`t read it.... :( Best regards Ludwig
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

The concerts dates are written 3 messaged above yours.

There are 3 concerts scheduled : May 29 and 30 in Tokyo, June 2 in Osaka.

If Facebook is not blocked as twitter, this is the link to the post from Kajimito Music yesterday.
It gives you the URLs to access to the tickets booking.

In the case Facebook is blocked either then this is the direct link to the Kajimoto page for the libera Angel voices 2017 tour :
http://www.kajimotomusic.com/jp/ticket/calendar

From January 11 to January 15, the booking is reserved for clients member of the Kajimoto/e+ club.
From January 16 to January 20 : no sales.
And then the general sale open to everyone will start on January 21.
ludwig1874
Silver Member

Post by ludwig1874 »

Thanks for the answer. I have to read all posts :wink:
But at this dates I have no holidays... :( Only until 5.5.2017... And a flight to Osaka costs 300 Euro ( I know, it is cheap in realation to other countries).. but too much for only one concert... sniff...
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

This is interesting as this isn't the normal Easter tour they do when they get two weeks off school instead of one week in May/June.

So will they go somewhere else for Easter which is in April I wonder ?
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

fan_de_LoK wrote: From January 11 to January 15, the booking is reserved for clients member of the Kajimoto/e+ club.
From January 16 to January 20 : no sales.
And then the general sale open to everyone will start on January 21.
Thank you for clarifying this. My prior post about ticket dates was not entirely accurate as I misunderstood the translated Japanese text on the website.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

The Japan tour now has an official name per a tweet from Kajimoto music which includes the concert poster. The name of the tour is to be "Hope".

Will that be the title of the new CD as well? In a different thread, Yorkie speculated about the possible name of the album which is being released this Spring to partly coincide with this tour. Could "Hope" be the title of the album too?
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:34 am">7 years ago</span> The Japan tour now has an official name per a tweet from Kajimoto music which includes the concert poster. The name of the tour is to be "Hope".

Will that be the title of the new CD as well? In a different thread, Yorkie speculated about the possible name of the album which is being released this Spring to partly coincide with this tour. Could "Hope" be the title of the album too?
I think the new CD being called 'Hope' is highly likely. Missed that one from my list I'm afraid :D
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love