Japan Tour May 2017

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

dani
Diamond Member

Re: Japan Tour May 2017

Post by dani »

It's ironic how the two must debated songs before the album was released were Smile and From a Distance and now they are the highlight of the concert :D

Goes to show the magic Libera can do with a song.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

dani wrote: <span title="Mon May 29, 2017 4:03 pm">6 years ago</span> It's ironic how the two must debated songs before the album was released were Smile and From a Distance and now they are the highlight of the concert :D

Goes to show the magic Libera can do with a song.
Well said!

And thank you, John, for the update on the concert. Much appreciated and I hope that you enjoy tomorrow's performance as well. :D
ultrader

Post by ultrader »

I hope those who made it to Tokyo had a great time. I bought tickets several months ago but due to some last minute changes, I can't make it. :( I know you all had AWESOME time yesterday and I hope you enjoy today's concert.
john45
Gold Member

Post by john45 »

The program might be the same but every Libera concert is unique. Tonight we had some soloist changes with Camden and Gabe swapping places for “Angel” (Camden) and “Dreaming of Home” (Gabriel) and extra back-up for “Wonderful World” (Camden and Rocco).

Different songs made my personal favourite list. Tonight they were: “Angele Dei” – Rocco was spot on; “Sacris Solemnis” – the full choir at its best; “Wonderful World” – great performance without any glitches; “Sempiterna" with wonderful harmony and solos from the four lead singers: Gabriel, Ben, Leo and Taichi; and, believe it or not, once again “Smile”. There is something about the Gabriel/Alessandro combination which is just magical and moving – as was their interaction in the video.

Speeches all went very well and Taichi did a great job translating in addition to his other role as principal descant provider. His Grandparents in the audience must have been very proud.

Special mention should be made of Victor Wiggin whose infectious smile once again lit up the proceedings and was alone worth the price of admission.

Bullet train to Osaka tomorrow and one more concert to look forward to on Friday.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Although I am sure that a mere repeat of the previous concert would have been just fine, these little changes add some variety, enhancing the experience. Glad you enjoyed the show.
hiskeys
Silver Member

Post by hiskeys »

A rare shot of the humble, camera-shy Robert having a blast with the boys on Twitter. I love it. They work hard together, and need to laugh together just as much.

https://twitter.com/officiallibera/stat ... .org.uk%2F
john45
Gold Member

Post by john45 »

Very few changes to report from the Osaka Concert.

Camden was back for “Dreaming of Home”; Gabriel was replaced by Merlin for “Far Away” – he was excellent. Gabriel appeared to have developed a cold but he was still able to perform “Smile”. The slight huskiness of his voice added a pleasing layer of pathos to the song. Adam replaced Leo for "Sempiterna" - or perhaps I was mistaken last time and it was always Adam. FDL to the rescue please.

Great attendance; wonderful performances; standing ovation; wild signing session. A fitting end to a wonderful series of concerts. Many Thanks to all.
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

john45 wrote: <span title="Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:30 pm">6 years ago</span> Great attendance; wonderful performances; standing ovation; wild signing session. A fitting end to a wonderful series of concerts. Many Thanks to all.
Thanks to you all who were there and informed us so well about what was going on in Japan and making us take part in a way! :)

It must have been a great success for Libera and a wonderful experience for all of them, especially for those who have never been there before, and I'm glad that some of the youngest, newest boys could go there, too. They will have a lot to talk about now and a lot to tell their families when they return to the Uk (when will that be?).

And now: next big event ahead!
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
ludwig1874
Silver Member

Big video photo gallery!!

Post by ludwig1874 »

Look at this page! There is a 2-3 minutes video with wonderful pics of the last Japan tour 2017! You can see: The Boys are growing up!
https://vk.com/club3560020
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

@Ludwig, The video comes from the Japanese tour organiser Kajimoto:
tom413
Gold Member

Post by tom413 »

Thanks for the video links. I had to download that one, I was in it. :)
andmar
Silver Member

Post by andmar »

Libera just published a video from the Japan 2017 tour on their official YT channel:

Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

andmar wrote: <span title="Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:48 pm">6 years ago</span> Libera just published a video from the Japan 2017 tour on their official YT channel:
I recognise quite a few fans in that one!
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

Yorkie wrote: I recognise quite a few fans in that one!
I did also.

:)
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato
andmar
Silver Member

Post by andmar »

A batch of pictures from the Japan tour is available on the Libera Facebook page: