London Concert - 2nd December 2016

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Re: London Concert - 2nd December 2106

Post by JimmyRiddle »

john45 wrote:Ticketsource: "The online allocation of tickets is sold out".

Looks like Jimmy was right and that tickets will still be available at the door.
...and now the 100 or so previously block-booked tickets on the side isles, appear to have been made available for general sale...
lastseatstandingbackrows.JPG
lastseatstandingbackrows.JPG (87.61 KiB) Viewed 1190 times
lastseatstandingbackrows.JPG
lastseatstandingbackrows.JPG (87.61 KiB) Viewed 1190 times
...so this really could be the final countdown to 'official' sellout. Hope they do it...they should do, plenty of time still to go and anyway the few seats which remain unsold will probably be mopped up on the night.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Ahead of our concert at St George’s Cathedral on 2nd December we thought it would help people plan their visit if we shared some details.

shop-libera-at-christmasFirstly we are very excited that we will have some Official Libera souvenirs for sale. This will include our new Christmas EP, as well as Libera Candles, Mugs, Pens, Bags and 2017 Calendars.

We are also planning for the boys to sign autographs after the concert

As in previous years the concert will be displayed on Video Screens, sponsored by kind supporters.

The concert is virtually sold out and we are looking forward to getting Christmas started in the Libera way.
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Great! :D
I had a strong hope that they would renew the signing session at St. George, as they had been able to do so at the last concert in Vallendar.

A couple of weeks ago I talked to that possibility with a few fans but they were not believing to it at all.
I should have made some bets !! :mrgreen:
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

fan_de_LoK wrote:A couple of weeks ago I talked to that possibility with a few fans but they were not believing to it at all.
Yes, you had a feeling something extra would be laid on with the added time of the scheduled finish. As you mentioned on the last page, this could be a post-concert autograph session at a UK concert in over 8 years. I wonder what's changed to facilitate it... maybe more personnel/volunteers available

I hope everything falls into place to allow them to sell lots of goodies and sign for the public. It should be a good night for those who can go.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
john45
Gold Member

Post by john45 »

JimmyRiddle wrote:
fan_de_LoK wrote:A couple of weeks ago I talked to that possibility with a few fans but they were not believing to it at all.
Yes, you had a feeling something extra would be laid on with the added time of the scheduled finish.

I hope everything falls into place to allow them to sell lots of goodies and sign for the public. It should be a good night for those who can go.
It is going to be a long night. I cannot see the first UK signing session in eight years being completed in 30 minutes. It will probably not include all the boys.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

fan_de_LoK wrote:Great! :D
I had a strong hope that they would renew the signing session at St. George, as they had been able to do so at the last concert in Vallendar.

A couple of weeks ago I talked to that possibility with a few fans but they were not believing to it at all.
You did, you did and I doubted you :oops:

Like John said, 30 minutes won't get the job done so i hope they are prepared for a late night; decent of the parents to agree to it so thanks to them.

Do we have an up to date photo list of all the boys? I need to do some studying because I can probably only recognise about 50% of them....
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Yorkie wrote:Like John said, 30 minutes won't get the job done so i hope they are prepared for a late night; decent of the parents to agree to it so thanks to them.
I guess they may organize the signature session as it is in Asia, I mean with a proper queue leading to a long set of tables.

In this configuration, the kids are well trained to make the signature process efficient and fast. often too fast ! :lol:
Often the kids sign and pass the program to their neighbour faster than you walk yourself, so your program reached the pile at the end of the tables way before you arrive at the end, and at times you find no program because someone else took yours before you arrived :mrgreen:

In such tables organisation, the signature session can be surprisingly short regarding the attendance.
In Asia they sign after concert that hosted more than 1500 or 2000 attendees and where almost everyone wants a signature.
In London there are only 750 seats and I guess than only half of the attendance, or even less, will enter the queue. Hopefully :wink:

If there's not a long set tables but some isolated spots as it was in Vallendar, then I agree the signature session will be long, chaotic, and funny :lol:

Yorkie wrote:Do we have an up to date photo list of all the boys? I need to do some studying because I can probably only recognise about 50% of them....
Here a good way to train yourself :
- Go to the Gallery page on the official site (http://libera.org.uk/gallery)
- Try to name everyone on some recent group photos,
- For the ones you can't name, refer to the member list that The Furby maintains on the French Forum (http://libera-passion.exprimetoi.net/t1 ... tobre-2016),
- And if needed then ask here for some help, mentioning the photo and kids that you can't solve :)
john45
Gold Member

Post by john45 »

Yorkie wrote: Do we have an up to date photo list of all the boys? I need to do some studying because I can probably only recognise about 50% of them....
Programs for overseas concerts usually include individual captioned photographs of the boys. If they do this for St Georges it would certainly be a UK first, and would solve your problem.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

john45 wrote: Programs for overseas concerts usually include individual captioned photographs of the boys. If they do this for St Georges it would certainly be a UK first, and would solve your problem.
I need to know beforehand - IF I decide to queue up I'd like to have a decent chance of getting the names right as I thank them :D
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

Yorkie wrote:I need to know beforehand - IF I decide to queue up I'd like to have a decent chance of getting the names right as I thank them
You can utilise the 25 minutes you are queueing (queuing? :? hm ... standing in the queue), so no excuses, please. :mrgreen:

There will be one person less in the queue, therefore it will be much shorter ... I like listening to them, seeing them and I would like to talk to them, but I am not really after autographs, so there will be more time for you. :wink:
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
Sjh

Post by Sjh »

Have a train to catch back to the airport so will judge on the night to allow for travel back to Victoria and the last train before the return ticket expires at midnight bit like going to a ball I guess would hate to turn in to a frog!!. If I remember correctly from last year there was a fair bit of room at the back of the cathedral to set up tables also they had refreshment on sale along the side.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Firstly we are very excited that we will have some Official Libera souvenirs for sale. This will include our new Christmas EP, as well as Libera Candles, Mugs, Pens, Bags and 2017 Calendars.
If I remember right only Libera of the US had previously engaged in merchandise sales of this scope (more than just programs and disks) as was first witnessed in Washington in 2014 I believe. I think that merchandise is a nice way to raise money and to provide souvenirs to fans. But.... Libera candles? :lol:
TimS_TheToolman

Post by TimS_TheToolman »

Yorkie wrote:
john45 wrote: Programs for overseas concerts usually include individual captioned photographs of the boys. If they do this for St Georges it would certainly be a UK first, and would solve your problem.
I need to know beforehand - IF I decide to queue up I'd like to have a decent chance of getting the names right as I thank them :D
Your other option would be to stick close to any of us who attended the Korea and/or Vallendar concerts. The newbies who have come on the scene after Vallendar the only ones I won't know.
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

I've just checked Ticketsource, and 42 tickets are now available :?:

https://www.ticketsource.co.uk/libera
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato
Mr W

Post by Mr W »

Newbie here...

My partner unfortunately is unable to attend on Friday. As a result I have one spare premium ticket in row C.

I would rather it was used by a fan than go to waste. Send me a PM or post here if you are interested and I will get back to you. Not after anything for it, but please donate to Libera if you feel so inclined.

Mr W.