London Concert - 2nd December 2016

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

TimS_TheToolman

Re: Libera Brothers

Post by TimS_TheToolman »

Amie_Hill wrote:My thinking is that Josh is still actively performing with the group. As far as I know, the Madine and Menezes brothers are cousins, but not of the Alvares boys. Or? Marc, I believe, is the cousin of former Libera singer Matthew Rangel-Alvares.
I wasn't sure about Marc and the others. I'm sure he's related to Matt Rangel-alvares and for some reason I thought there was a connection to the Madine/Menezes, who I was fairly certain are cousins.

I'm thinking this thread should be moved over to "Chat." :wink:
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Re: London Concert - 2nd December 2106

Post by fan_de_LoK »

I just noticed on the Ticketsource page that the concert is announced with a time slot 7:30PM-10:00PM.

Quite always a concert runs two hours.
45 mn 1st part, 20 mn intermission and another 45 mn 2nd part.

Here the concert is said to be 30 mn longer than usual. I wonder why.
theforestdweller
Silver Member

Post by theforestdweller »

Perhaps at some point, presumably at the start of the intermission, there is going to be a charity appeal of some sort as there has been in the past from https://www.compassionuk.org/. This would obviously(?) be added to the audience time to ensure enough time for a reasonable break.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe" - Einstein
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Just 3 tickets left for sale;

My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
john45
Gold Member

Post by john45 »

JimmyRiddle wrote:Just 3 tickets left for sale;

Going, Going, Gone!

SOLD OUT!
john45
Gold Member

Post by john45 »

JimmyRiddle wrote:
I noticed that the last 50 of the side aisle seats towards the back on both sides were showing as 'booked'. So whether these are in reserve of those turning up on the day or taken for some other reason remains to be seen.
Ticketsource: "The online allocation of tickets is sold out".

Looks like Jimmy was right and that tickets will still be available at the door.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Libera photoshoot photos posted. Photos for the program for this concert perhaps? We shall see.

fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

I can't name some of the boys...

Photo 1: who are the two located at the left of Gabriel ?
An who is the one located between Gabriel and Ben ?

Photo 2: who is the one at the left, and who is the photographer ?

If you have any advice... thank you :wink:
Sjh

Post by Sjh »

theforestdweller wrote:Perhaps at some point, presumably at the start of the intermission, there is going to be a charity appeal of some sort as there has been in the past from https://www.compassionuk.org/. This would obviously(?) be added to the audience time to ensure enough time for a reasonable break.
Is it possible they will do a mini meet and greet along with a collection on the way out as they did in Germany hence the extra time It is hard to not chuck a few quid in the basket when confronted by a smiling little angel. And then you can not discriminate can you? will make certain have a few fiver's in the pocket just in case.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

fan_de_LoK wrote: Photo 1: who are the two located at the left of Gabriel ?
That is definitely a new member not seen before.
fan_de_LoK wrote: An who is the one located between Gabriel and Ben ?
This appears to be Emanuele.
fan_de_LoK wrote:Photo 2: who is the one at the left, and who is the photographer ?
On the left is Mathias and the photographer is definitely Merlin.
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Sjh wrote:Is it possible they will do a mini meet and greet along with a collection on the way out as they did in Germany hence the extra time
Yep! that's what I hope too.

Since July 2008 and the last M&G in UK (in Torquay), about 40 M&G occurred.
All of them were exclusively either in the USA or in Asia.
Meanwhile, about 35 concerts where performed in Europe, and none of them had a signature session.

So well, OK, it's sad but it's like that and we are used to.

... And then suddenly Vallendar occurred and it changed this!
As we all know, the concert in Germany was concluded at by a very pleasant signature session which went apparently appreciated by everyone, the boys and the public.

So, if they were able to do it at the last concert they performed, despite being in Europe, then why not at the next one ?.

I want to hope that this added extra half hour to the concert timing is planned for something special in addition to the concert, and it's not just for a specially long intermission.
We will know in 3 weeks of time ;)
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Surpinto wrote:
I would say they are the two young Wood brothers, Finn, and the third one that was recently presented by Lucas on Twitter (see here).

Surpinto wrote:
fan_de_LoK wrote:Photo 2: who is the one at the left, and who is the photographer ?
Mathias ? :shock: I assume you meant his older brother Alex M ?
Well, I'm not so sure...
I more think now to Alessandro. By elimination this seems to me to be the only plausible answer... no ?
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

fan_de_LoK wrote:
Surpinto wrote:
I would say they are the two young Wood brothers, Finn, and the third one that was recently presented by Lucas on Twitter (see here).
Oops, I was being careless in my reply and forgot to mention Finn to the front and left near Gabe because I recognized him right away :P but could not identify the one between them - I agree with you about Finn, that is definite. The other one is likely who you say but I am not fully convinced, though by process of elimination and similar appearance that would be the likely conclusion.

fan_de_LoK wrote:
Surpinto wrote:
Mathias ? :shock: I assume you meant his older brother Alex M ?
Well, I'm not so sure...
I more think now to Alessandro. By elimination this seems to me to be the only plausible answer... no ?
It has to be either Alex M or Mathias. I had my doubts as to which of the two it was but that is my honest guess. The fact that he is seated higher than Arthur next to him made me think it was Alex at first but he didn't look quite like him in terms of his face. You may be correct on this one though if you think it's Alex; in fact I am more convinced that it is Alex. But I am certain 100% it is not Alessandro :).
TimS_TheToolman

fan_de_LoK wrote:I can't name some of the boys...

Photo 1: the two to the left of Gabe and front would be the Wood brothers, the one between them I believe is Alex G. The angle of the shot gives a very different look, but the hair color and style match Alex G. in the other photos.

Photo 2: Agreed, the photographer is Merlin B. The one on the left edge is also an unusual angle and look. I don't believe it is Alex M. and to tall for Mathias M. Going back and forth and other photos, I want to say it's Alessandro.
TimS_TheToolman

TimS_TheToolman wrote:
fan_de_LoK wrote:I can't name some of the boys...

Photo 1: the two to the left of Gabe and front would be the Wood brothers, the one between them I believe is Alex G. The angle of the shot gives a very different look, but the hair color and style match Alex G. in the other photos.

Photo 2: Agreed, the photographer is Merlin B. The one on the left edge is also an unusual angle and look. I don't believe it is Alex M. and to tall for Mathias M. Going back and forth and other photos, I want to say it's Alessandro.
Well, I couldn't let it go. After looking at as many photos as possible for this past year's concerts, I must revise my conclusion about the boy on the left edge of photo #2. I agree with Surpinto, that is Mathias M. :)