Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

tom413
Gold Member

Re: Continental Europe Tour Summer 2016

Post by tom413 »

SchmPa wrote::lol:
You are all great! And funny!
I'm excited, how you will comment the concert in Germany. Because I will be there, too (with 3 friends) and it will be my first libera concert.

I'm excited to see how you will comment on the concert in Germany.
Some of the best reviews come from people who are seeing their first concert.
SchmPa

Post by SchmPa »

I'm very excited how the concert will be! You all seem to be fans since many many years. And you dont' seem to miss the "missing" members. (Don't know otherwise to saw) At the moment I'm busy with accepting that the leaving of the older boys is "just the way it goes". Maybe you know and understand what I'm feeling and talking about... :wink:
Last edited by SchmPa on Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
SchmPa

Post by SchmPa »

And has anyone made a "detail Report" of the concert yesterday evening? Didn't saw one. "Only" of the concert in the church. I followed everything about that on Twitter... It was great!
SchmPa

Post by SchmPa »

[quote="SchmPa"]I'm excited to see how you will comment on the concert in Germany.
Some of the best reviews come from people who are seeing their first concert. [quote]

Don't know, if I can walk in your big shoes, Tom. In Germany we also say: "Die (Mess-) Latte hängt hoch". :wink: And I'm afraid my English is not good enough for that...
Cristina

Post by Cristina »

Does anyone plan to try to record the performance for the Pope tomorrow? I plan to watch it live from the webcam, but won't be able to catch all of it since I have to go to work and that just kills me :(

I am so excited to see and hear the voices of Libera again since it has been 2 years from my last live concert trip to see them . I am super curious to hear what they sing as part of the service. Last time it was Sanctus for the Pope. Do you think they will do the same tomorrow or try a different song? They have so many excellent songs in their set list right now and strong soloists. I am preferential to Amazing Grace and Abends at the moment, but anything Libera sings is amazing.
Liesma

Post by Liesma »

I will go today to the Campus Misericordiae, where vigil will be. Sector for my group is B11, but maybe I will be somewhere nearer to the stage. I can try to record performance of Libera, but I'm not shure about quality.

Will someone else be there this evening and night?
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Hi Liesma, Tom and I went to the campus yesterday, we have 1 ticket for B11 too but it'd do far away that you can't see a thing. I'M allocated C9 which give no view to the open side of the stage. They will perform in the large stage that is located at the left of the altar. The best sectors will be A3, A4, A5...
I'm afraid the best we may hope is to have a good view on one of the screens that are supposed to be set there, and to record from the screen.
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

About the youtube Vatican stream, this page givrs the live broadcasts to come:
https://m.youtube.com/user/vatican/vide ... =dd&view=2

They will broadcat 3 programs for 30th of July and the last one they say is the mass Vigil at 19:00.
There is nothing said for the concert of praise that starts at 21:00 :(
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

About the xt3 link, there is a tab on the right that says 'Webcast info'. They give here the schedules. The vigil masd at 19:00 will be broadcast, but there"s no word about the concert next, at 21:00... :(
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

The more I see it, the more I think the concert will not be broadcast.
First of all there is no media found so far that says to broadcast the concert, but also there is a logical reason for this : the concery id not a religious event.
The purpose of the concert is to entertain and to occupy the hundred thousands of youth pilgrims that will sleep there in their sleeping bag in order to be already present at the 8:30 am service on sunday morning.
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

fan_de_LoK wrote: I'm afraid the best we may hope is to have a good view on one of the screens that are supposed to be set there, and to record from the screen.
I hope you get a good recording. I'm still hoping that the Youtube stream does include the whole thing - I remember there being a proper recording of a similar event from the WYD in Brazil in 2013, which was also not strictly a religious event but a cultural programme part of the WYD and in presence of the pope.
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

If anyone is able to watch EWTN Catholic Television they can tune in for the Vigil broadcast to see if it features the concert as well, since the duration is 2:30 hrs - which is longer than the scheduled service itself.
http://www.ewtn.com/multimedia/schedules.asp
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

fan_de_LoK just tweeted: 1,600,000 people are expected at the campus where the Vigil will take place! :shock:
Could this be the largest crowd Libera has ever performed for?

This is the location, again courtesy of FDL on Twitter:

It's the second open air show in a week for Libera :D

On Facebook is a picture of their rehearsal:
"Preparing for our participation in the Vigil event at World Youth Day."

You can see many different instruments in the background; I wonder how many of them will be used in Libera's performance.
What's more, it appears there are seats on the stage as well, and the stage is really big. Interesting set-up.
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Thanks to Cezary Gontkiewicz @moichlopcy on twitter, at least a site that says it will broadcast 4 hours starting at 19:00, meaning the 2 hours mass and the 2 hours concert :)

http://tv-trwam.pl/na-zywo

This site also had an app to see the stream on android devices.
alcesalcesobservator
Silver Member

Post by alcesalcesobservator »

fan_de_LoK wrote:Thanks to Cezary Gontkiewicz @moichlopcy on twitter, at least a site that says it will broadcast 4 hours starting at 19:00, meaning the 2 hours mass and the 2 hours concert :)

http://tv-trwam.pl/na-zywo

This site also had an app to see the stream on android devices.
Can you give me the direct link to the proper broadcast?
Edit: Oh wait, that was the link. The broadcast hasn't started, yet. Silly me. :oops: :roll:
Last edited by alcesalcesobservator on Sat Jul 30, 2016 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.