Continental Europe Tour Summer 2016

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Re: Continental Europe Tour Summer 2016

Post by JimmyRiddle »

fan_de_LoK wrote:This tweet, from the WYD staff, shows a short video of the stage were libera will perform in 3 days.
Should be an interesting setup for sure. Libera will be able to make the most of those stage lights at night. I wonder if they'll deck out a few chairs just to set the expectations right. This won't be a rock concert, and dancing shoes can be left at home. It's time to sit back (or stand-up) in awe and listen to quality vocal music at it's best.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

I am quite excited that Libera is performing at this event because it is usually well documented :)
For instance I remember from the WYD in Brazil there was full coverage of the entertainment part of the event.

I wonder if the boys will have time to explore the city. It is a beautiful and atmospheric city with a lot of impressive history.
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
tom413
Gold Member

Post by tom413 »

Not likely they'll be able to change setups with the performances scheduled one right after another.

Maybe they'll bring back the choreographed version of Libera for everyone to dance along with? :D

fan_de_LoK is already posting pictures of the surroundings from his twitter account. Can't wait to be
there to experience this first hand.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

tom413 wrote:Not likely they'll be able to change setups with the performances scheduled one right after another.

Maybe they'll bring back the choreographed version of Libera for everyone to dance along with? :D
Mmmm...probably best to keep that confined to the archives of history! ;)
fan_de_LoK is already posting pictures of the surroundings from his twitter account. Can't wait to be
there to experience this first hand.
The audience appears very receptive to anything that's taking part on the stage, so hopefully Libera will receive a good hand. Hope the weather holds out for you.
I take it you all know about the event on Wednesday?
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Libera has just tweeted about a special WYD mini-site they add on the official site : http://wyd.libera.org.uk

So far there 2 concerts announced, on the 27 and 28, as it was also said on the WYD program.

The special page also gives a list of song they will sung.
It includes 'Abends' which is the german title of the song 'Prayer' they sung until 2009 with mini-James and Freddie. It seemes they have learnt the German lyrics! Wow !
It also includes 'San Damiano' !!
For how long this one was not sung in stage ?
Last edited by fan_de_LoK on Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

The WYD mini-site also provides the name of the boys. They are 29 on the tour :

MARC ALVARES
LEO BARRON
EMANUELE BORRELLI
MERLIN BROUWER
BENEDICT BYWATER
GABRIEL COLLINS
HENRY CULLINAN-HOLLIHEAD
TADHG FITZGERALD
ALEXANDER GULA
ADAM IZGHOUTI
MATTHEW JANSEN
PETER KIELTY
TIMOTHY LEE
ISAAC LONDON
GREGOR LUMSDEN
ALESSANDRO MACKINNON‑BOTTI
MATTHEW MADINE
JAMES MENEZES
MICHAEL MENEZES
ALEXANDER MONTORO
MATHIAS MONTORO
OLIVER MYCKA
CASSIUS O’CONNELL-WHITE
TAICHI SHINOKUBO
CAMDEN STEWART
ROCCO TESEI
SAMUEL WIGGIN
FINN WOOD
LUCAS WOOD

From Romsey the list misses Arthur, Shay and... Ciaran.
SchmPa

Post by SchmPa »

Sam Wiggin! Hope he will be at Vallendar too! For my opinion, he was/is one of the best!
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

No chance of me ever hearing Home with no ciaran
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Glad Libera have finally managed to update their engagements, thought it was getting a bit close to the wire. I was unsure about the Wednesday concert because Święty Kazimierz translates to "Saint Casimir" and there are two churches named as such in Krakow.

Thanks to FDL with his twitter updates, the church appears cosy and intimate. Should be a special event, although the 6pm start will probably mean the lighting may not be as effective, but I'm sure the singing will be.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Strange, on the official mini-site there is now only one event displayed, the concert at the Market place on Thursday 28.

Tomorrow's concert on Wednesday 27 is no more shown...
http://wyd.libera.org.uk/wyd-events.html

Hopefully it's just a glitch.
alcesalcesobservator
Silver Member

Post by alcesalcesobservator »

This is so exciting, and I'm not even in attendance!
hiskeys
Silver Member

Post by hiskeys »

'Creator' is also a song I'm not familiar with. Perhaps they recorded or sung it much earlier, and I just haven't heard it. Or maybe it's brand new, and they'll record it eventually. (Although, come to think of it, they haven't recorded 'I'm Dreaming of Home' yet - maybe copyright issues.)

http://wyd.libera.org.uk/creator.html
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

fan_de_LoK wrote: It includes 'Abends' which is the german title of the song 'Prayer' they sung until 2009 with mini-James and Freddie. It seemes they have learnt the German lyrics! Wow !
It also includes 'San Damiano' !!
For how long this one was not sung in stage ?
I was just thinking earlier whether they would learn a song in German for the concert in Germany :D I would really like to hear that.
And 'San Damiano', that would be really special indeed to hear live! Libera never fails to surprise us :)
hiskeys wrote:'Creator' is also a song I'm not familiar with. Perhaps they recorded or sung it much earlier, and I just haven't heard it. Or maybe it's brand new, and they'll record it eventually.
http://wyd.libera.org.uk/creator.html
The lyrics are identical to those of 'Sempiterna' on the 'Visions' CD so it could well be they renamed that song.

Side note: The words are from the 7th century and are traditionally sung during Advent. http://www2.cpdl.org/wiki/index.php/Con ... me_siderum

About the WYD mini site, there is an extensive gallery on there with some pictures that were new to me - like a picture of some boys riding bikes (which, being Dutch, I liked in particular ;))
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

According to the Libera website the programme is:

Joyful Joyful
Sanctus
The Prayer
Salva Me
Abends, will ich schlafen gehn
Stay With Me
Amazing Grace
Creator
Angel
Exultate

- INTERVAL -

Voca Me
San Damiano
Morning Has Broken
Wayfaring Stranger
Sacris Solemnis
How great thou art
Wonderful world
Libera
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Judging by FDL's twitter notes it appears with Isaac now graduating to the back row it leaves only Alessandro as the remaining soloist from that particular 'batch' of Libera members. They of course featured prominently in two DVD's and spanned the years 2012-2016 - Although I suppose you could say Alex M should be part of this, but I'm tending to separate him now into the next group of members who will take Libera forward in the upcoming years. It's difficult sometimes to draw that line between individual 'groups' but it does help reference key stages as the years seem to ever rapidly fly by. Looks like it was another successful concert and now the focus will be on tomorrow's very different 'outdoor' concert. Must be one of their latest ever finishes to a concert.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez