Continental Europe Tour Summer 2016

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

maartendas
Diamond Member

Re: Continental Europe Tour Summer 2016

Post by maartendas »

Yorkie wrote:
The first instalment mentions practising two songs for the Pope concert, what was the second?
I think with the second song they mean the one at the very end with all the artists performing together.
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

Thank you, Surpinto!
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
tom413
Gold Member

Post by tom413 »

TimS_TheToolman wrote:Maybe I can get away with asking them about it on their next tour. :wink:
I tried that once. The response I got was, "If I told you, I'd have to kill you." :lol:
TimS_TheToolman

Post by TimS_TheToolman »

tom413 wrote:
TimS_TheToolman wrote:Maybe I can get away with asking them about it on their next tour. :wink:
I tried that once. The response I got was, "If I told you, I'd have to kill you." :lol:
:shock:
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

The author of the latest blog makes himself known!

http://www.libera.org.uk/blog/grasshopper

It turns out Libera had been singing for 1,6 million pilgrims + 1 special guest.
I wonder what Moose thought of that... :lol:
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

I think it is funny that they not only wrote about it but gave it a name too :lol:
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

I never noticed it at the time, which is a bit disconcerting because it's hardly a small thing now looking at it. Like a true pro he waiting until he had finished singing until dealing with it :wink:
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Libera rehearsing 'San Damiano' in Krakow courtesy of "Piotr Wolny" who posted it on facebook.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

I'm surprised they didn't include San Damiano in their performance, it was their first hit. Even better would have been to get Sal Solo to perform with them.
Liesma

Post by Liesma »

TullyBascombe wrote:I'm surprised they didn't include San Damiano in their performance, it was their first hit. Even better would have been to get Sal Solo to perform with them.
Where they didn't include this song? Do you mean concert in Market Square? They did include "San Damiano" there - 1st song after 15 minute break.

I had only one question - I don't know if you were speaking about this, but who sang solo for "Salva me"? I didn't see this person! (Maybe little late I came up with this question...)
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Liesma wrote: I had only one question - I don't know if you were speaking about this, but who sang solo for "Salva me"? I didn't see this person! (Maybe little late I came up with this question...)
In Vallendar it was Gabe Collins so I suppose it was also Gabe in Krakow - there is a video in this thread from the performance of Salva Me in Market Square and a comment on it about Gabe's clear voice. I understand that you couldn't see him - they place the soloist for the high Salvas to the far left and out of the lights so that his voice seems to come from the sky, mysteriously :) It is actually an element that makes Salva Me more special for me to experience live, because I always admire the soloist who is standing quite alone but he has a very important role for the group as a whole.
Liesma

Post by Liesma »

maartendas wrote:
Liesma wrote: I had only one question - I don't know if you were speaking about this, but who sang solo for "Salva me"? I didn't see this person! (Maybe little late I came up with this question...)
In Vallendar it was Gabe Collins so I suppose it was also Gabe in Krakow - there is a video in this thread from the performance of Salva Me in Market Square and a comment on it about Gabe's clear voice. I understand that you couldn't see him - they place the soloist for the high Salvas to the far left and out of the lights so that his voice seems to come from the sky, mysteriously :) It is actually an element that makes Salva Me more special for me to experience live, because I always admire the soloist who is standing quite alone but he has a very important role for the group as a whole.
Thank you!
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

I just have to get back to the grasshopper (the word itself has got such a funny look already) once again: This type of incidents are what make a trip special, and every time the boys think about their Cracow trip, they will surely remember this "evil grasshopper" at the same time. :lol:
I love such anecdotes around a trip and would also love to hear much more like it!
gingerthedog1

Post by gingerthedog1 »

Does anyone know who sings the solo at the beginning of Veni Creator? This is from a performance in Germany.
Last edited by paul on Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: I have removed this content, as video such as this has been recorded against Libera's wishes, so therefore considered bootleg. The rules of the forum clearly state that bootleg video should not be posted.
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

But didn't they say in their programme that all filming is forbidden? I think we should respect that. And why not enjoy the moment with all senses? It will never come back again.

Furthermore and also important, it is very disturbing when you feel embedded in the concert atmosphere, if anyone beside or in front of you is filming or taking photos.