Continental Europe Tour Summer 2016

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

alcesalcesobservator
Silver Member

Re: Continental Europe Tour Summer 2016

Post by alcesalcesobservator »

JimmyRiddle wrote:
This also from Thursday, good reaction from the audience at the end.

Thank you! Gabriel has a very clear voice.
SchmPa

Post by SchmPa »

Can anyone send me a link where I can see it?
alcesalcesobservator
Silver Member

JimmyRiddle wrote: I've nothing against the other acts, but I'm hovering over the record button at every speaker intro, ready to click for 'Libera'.... the suspense is killing me!...90 mins in.
I'm watching the live feed, and have been enjoying it immensely, but it is late in Poland! The boys need to be in bed! Not to mention my family is going to get home, and the noise level in the house will rise.
alcesalcesobservator
Silver Member

SchmPa wrote:Can anyone send me a link where I can see it?
I'm watching here:
http://tv-trwam.pl/na-zywo
SchmPa

Post by SchmPa »

Thank you!!!!

I cant't imagine that the Boys will perform such Late!!!!
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

At least they're saving the best for last... especially considering what's gone on before.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
Liesma

Post by Liesma »

And they are coming!
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Libera - 'Total Praise'... well that was a curveball, have they sung this before? Nice solo by Alessandro.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
Liesma

Post by Liesma »

And boys are comung back to stage!
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Wow. What a surprise.
To my knowledge that was a completely new song - and did anyone see that coming? And what a beauty.
I confess it moved me deeply.
I have been watching the whole Vigil and the concert and feel that this has been one blessed night. And I'm so happy the Libera boys got to be part of it!
Boy, do they surprise us... :D
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

maartendas wrote:Wow. What a surprise.
To my knowledge that was a completely new song - and did anyone see that coming? And what a beauty.
I have been watching the whole Vigil and the concert and feel that this has been one blessed night. And I'm so happy the Libera boys got to be part of it!
Really? It was a poor choice in my opinion - they had so much more to offer than a third rate American gospel song 'Total Praise' - frankly the whole concert was tedious in the extreme and more suited to a retirement home than a gathering of young people. Evidence that music within the Catholic church is dead and forgotten if proof were needed.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Grrrr... tried to capture it but it's out of audio sync. Hope someone else has managed it. Always a pain when capturing from web stream. It would have been safer with a known song of theirs. I wonder how much choice they had in selecting the one they did. I don't think they could have sung it any better, but it needs to grow on me.

I agree how the whole concert though. It was quite tiresome at times.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
gingerthedog1

Post by gingerthedog1 »

Yorkie wrote:
maartendas wrote:Wow. What a surprise.
Really? It was a poor choice in my opinion - they had so much more to offer than a third rate American gospel song 'Total Praise' - frankly the whole concert was tedious in the extreme and more suited to a retirement home than a gathering of young people. Evidence that music within the Catholic church is dead and forgotten if proof were needed.
Admittedly, it wasn't an obvious choice. However, Libera has sung quite a few American folk songs, and they always turn out decent. "Total Praise" seems like a song that fit in with the rest of the music presented in the concert as well. Perhaps they were asked to sing a gospel song by superiors involved in the event to streamline the entire concert.
SchmPa

Post by SchmPa »

I agree. For my opinion, this performance was not good. The mics caused, that the voices were not balanced. You hear single voices louder than the others. The sound was bad. I was disappointed. They can do very much better. And htf could anyone decide that the performance is such late??? This is WYD! My kids are sleeping! Since Hours!!!