Collaboration with Mao Asada

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
fan_de_LoK
Platinum Member
Posts: 1885
Joined: 8 years ago
Location: Paris

Re: Collaboration with Mao Asada

Post by fan_de_LoK » 1 year ago

Surpinto wrote:
fan_de_LoK wrote:There's the one hour 'behind the scene' show that will be broadcast next Sunday (January 17).
Perhaps they will be a bit more exposed ? Nothing sure though...
I hope that someone captures it so we can all see and enjoy it. Hopefully they will be featured prominently. :D
A positive sign is that the Japanese Official Libera site 'Libera Records' has posted something about this broadcast next Sunday.
See here through Google translation.
so it seems likely that libera had been recorded by the TV crew to appear in that 'Behing the scene' program :)

TullyBascombe
Platinum Member
Posts: 1347
Joined: 10 years ago

Re: Collaboration with Mao Asada

Post by TullyBascombe » 1 year ago

Yorkie wrote:
TullyBascombe wrote: Why is it that "I Vow To Thee My Country" is being labelled "Jupiter" in Japan?
The music is an adaptation of Gustav Holst's The Planets - namely the Jupiter movement :D I assume that the Japanese people love classical music and therefore would be familiar with the tune, but their knowledge of British patriotic hymns may not be quite as good :lol:
Now that you mention it, I knew that. I was getting the Mars movement mixed up with the Jupiter movement. I guess my mind rejects the lightness of the Jupiter movement as a musical descriptor of the chief god of the Romans.

User avatar
Surpinto
Gold Member
Posts: 617
Joined: 3 years ago
Location: US
Contact:

Re: Collaboration with Mao Asada

Post by Surpinto » 1 year ago

fan_de_LoK wrote:
Surpinto wrote:
fan_de_LoK wrote:There's the one hour 'behind the scene' show that will be broadcast next Sunday (January 17).
Perhaps they will be a bit more exposed ? Nothing sure though...
I hope that someone captures it so we can all see and enjoy it. Hopefully they will be featured prominently. :D
A positive sign is that the Japanese Official Libera site 'Libera Records' has posted something about this broadcast next Sunday.
See here through Google translation.
so it seems likely that libera had been recorded by the TV crew to appear in that 'Behing the scene' program :)
That is a positive sign indeed. Once again they were clearly followed around by a camera as can be seen in the ice skating photo were the photographer is lying on the ice photographing them :lol:

User avatar
john45
Silver Member
Posts: 456
Joined: 8 years ago
Location: Canada

Re: Collaboration with Mao Asada

Post by john45 » 1 year ago

Surpinto wrote:
That is a positive sign indeed. Once again they were clearly followed around by a camera as can be seen in the ice skating photo were the photographer is lying on the ice photographing them :lol:
I wonder who was photographing the photographer?

User avatar
alcesalcesobservator
Silver Member
Posts: 391
Joined: 4 years ago

Re: Collaboration with Mao Asada

Post by alcesalcesobservator » 1 year ago

Here's a better quality recording of the performance:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6nvNxKwugg
Last edited by alcesalcesobservator on Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member
Posts: 2048
Joined: 9 years ago
Location: Riddler's Creek

Re: Collaboration with Mao Asada

Post by JimmyRiddle » 1 year ago

Mao mesmerizes

Mao skated an exhibition program called “Jupiter” at a special event sponsored and televised live by NHK in Morioka on Saturday to rave reviews. The program was inspired in part by the “Miracle Pine Tree” that was the only one of 70,000 trees in Iwate Prefecture to survive the 2011 Tohoku disaster.

The moving number began with a version of “I Vow to Thee, My Country” performed live by English boys choir Libera and showed Mao at her interpretative best.

The song was created in 1921 from a poem by Sir Cecil Spring Rice that was set to music by composer Gustav Holst. It was played most famously in recent times at the funeral of Princess Diana at Westminster Abbey in 1997.

One of Mao’s exhibition programs during the 2011-12 season was set to the same music.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez

User avatar
fan_de_LoK
Platinum Member
Posts: 1885
Joined: 8 years ago
Location: Paris

Re: Collaboration with Mao Asada

Post by fan_de_LoK » 1 year ago

I made a low quality video of today's NHK broadcast "Behind the scene" program, from an online stream.
Libera is a bit more exposed than on last week exhibition.
https://youtu.be/8DIyK8xUsEI


Hopefully a Japanese fan will upload a decent quality video :)

User avatar
Robolib7
Member
Posts: 39
Joined: 2 years ago
Location: Western Canada

Re: Collaboration with Mao Asada

Post by Robolib7 » 1 year ago

Thanks for posting this.

I think the English speaking blonde woman who appears at about 2:15 is Canadian choreographer and coach Lori Nichol. She designed programs for 11 singles skaters and one pairs team, representing seven countries, at the Sochi Olympics. Guess the white robes won't keep you very warm in a cold arena!

User avatar
Surpinto
Gold Member
Posts: 617
Joined: 3 years ago
Location: US
Contact:

Re: Collaboration with Mao Asada

Post by Surpinto » 1 year ago

Thank you FDL for the link and for sharing this video capture on your YouTube channel. :D
Robolib7 wrote:Thanks for posting this.

I think the English speaking blonde woman who appears at about 2:15 is Canadian choreographer and coach Lori Nichol. She designed programs for 11 singles skaters and one pairs team, representing seven countries, at the Sochi Olympics. Guess the white robes won't keep you very warm in a cold arena!
Impressive. Thank you for the information.

TullyBascombe
Platinum Member
Posts: 1347
Joined: 10 years ago

Re: Collaboration with Mao Asada

Post by TullyBascombe » 1 year ago

Thank you for doing this.

User avatar
Yorkie
Diamond Member
Posts: 4069
Joined: 8 years ago
Location: God's own county - Yorkshire

Re: Collaboration with Mao Asada

Post by Yorkie » 1 year ago

Thanks Patrick. Now we just need somebody to translate it for us!
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.


Mercy & Love

User avatar
paul
Site Admin
Posts: 1565
Joined: 6 years ago
Location: United Kindom
Contact:

Re: Collaboration with Mao Asada

Post by paul » 1 year ago

Thanks Patrick. I'm sure someone would be able to translate it, my Japanese is a little rusty :lol:
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"
_______________________________________________________________________


"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato

User avatar
fan_de_LoK
Platinum Member
Posts: 1885
Joined: 8 years ago
Location: Paris

Re: Collaboration with Mao Asada

Post by fan_de_LoK » 1 year ago

A Japanese fan uploaded the whole unedited 43 minutes show in good quality :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWpxbHMkFug

The video doesn't allow to be embedded, so click the link and watch it on Youtube.

Libera is concerned a bit at 15'10'', then from 23'40'' to 27'00'' and from 31'30'' to 36'15''.

User avatar
Surpinto
Gold Member
Posts: 617
Joined: 3 years ago
Location: US
Contact:

Re: Collaboration with Mao Asada

Post by Surpinto » 1 year ago

fan_de_LoK wrote:A Japanese fan uploaded the whole unedited 43 minutes show in good quality :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWpxbHMkFug

The video doesn't allow to be embedded, so click the link and watch it on Youtube.

Libera is concerned a bit at 15'10'', then from 23'40'' to 27'00'' and from 31'30'' to 36'15''.
Thanks! :D

User avatar
alcesalcesobservator
Silver Member
Posts: 391
Joined: 4 years ago

Re: Collaboration with Mao Asada

Post by alcesalcesobservator » 1 year ago

Robolib7 wrote:Thanks for posting this.
Guess the white robes won't keep you very warm in a cold arena!
I don't know why they couldn't wear something warm underneath their robes.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests