Collaboration with Mao Asada

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
YukiBOL
Member
Posts: 92
Joined: 6 years ago
Location: Tokyo
Contact:

Collaboration with Mao Asada

Post by YukiBOL » 1 year ago

8 Libera boys will be coming back and singing in Japan for Mao Asada's performance on 9th January! :D
This will be broadcasted worldwide by NHK World: http://nhkworldpremium.com/program/deta ... false&c=49

Announced from Libera Records (in Japanese): http://libera-records.com/news/tv%E5%87 ... 5%E5%A0%B1
Last edited by YukiBOL on Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
paul
Site Admin
Posts: 1572
Joined: 7 years ago
Location: United Kindom
Contact:

Re: Collaboration with Mao Asada

Post by paul » 1 year ago

YukiBOL wrote:8 Libera boys will be coming back and singing in Japan for Mao Asada's performance on 9th January! :D
This will be broadcasted worldwide by NHK World: http://nhkworldpremium.com/program/deta ... false&c=49
Wow! Looking forward to that.

Thanks for the info.
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"
_______________________________________________________________________


"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato

User avatar
Robolib7
Member
Posts: 41
Joined: 2 years ago
Location: Western Canada

Re: Collaboration with Mao Asada

Post by Robolib7 » 1 year ago

Mao Asada has skated in exhibitions to Libera's version of I Vow to Thee My Country. But she has also skated more recently to What a Wonderful World. Many fans of the sport consider her performance to I Vow to Thee My Country to be one of her best ever.

I don't recall ever seeing figure skaters perform to live music but then it's not something I would normally watch except maybe at the Olympics. However, if Libera is performing this song live for her performance at this event it would be amazing to see.

User avatar
YukiBOL
Member
Posts: 92
Joined: 6 years ago
Location: Tokyo
Contact:

Re: Collaboration with Mao Asada

Post by YukiBOL » 1 year ago

This time she will be performing a new version of "Jupiter" (I Vow to Thee) produced by herself with Libera's singing. :)

Her "Jupiter" in 2012: https://youtu.be/F5fYYvfkTME

User avatar
paul
Site Admin
Posts: 1572
Joined: 7 years ago
Location: United Kindom
Contact:

Re: Collaboration with Mao Asada

Post by paul » 1 year ago

YukiBOL wrote:This time she will be performing a new version of "Jupiter" (I Vow to Thee) produced by herself with Libera's singing. :)

Her "Jupiter" in 2012:
Brilliant. She is such a good skater.
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"
_______________________________________________________________________


"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato

User avatar
fan_de_LoK
Platinum Member
Posts: 1927
Joined: 8 years ago
Location: Paris

Re: Collaboration with Mao Asada

Post by fan_de_LoK » 1 year ago

WOW, it's a wonderful news :D

Thank you very much for the clear translation Yuki :)
Have you any possibility to access tickets for that event ?

A live song sung while Mao Asada skates is really something, it sure worth the 2 * 12 hours of flights.
To be invited to cross the planet for such event illustrates how important Japan considers Libera :)

(I thought that this channel was carried in France but what I have is "NHK World", while the right channel is "NHK World Premium" and the programs are not the same. )
Last edited by fan_de_LoK on Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
alcesalcesobservator
Silver Member
Posts: 391
Joined: 5 years ago

Re: Collaboration with Mao Asada

Post by alcesalcesobservator » 1 year ago

Wow! This is so exciting! What time is the performance?

User avatar
alcesalcesobservator
Silver Member
Posts: 391
Joined: 5 years ago

Re: Collaboration with Mao Asada

Post by alcesalcesobservator » 1 year ago

YukiBOL wrote:This time she will be performing a new version of "Jupiter" (I Vow to Thee) produced by herself with Libera's singing. :)
By "new version", I assume that means choreography, not musical arrangement.

User avatar
Yorkie
Diamond Member
Posts: 4107
Joined: 8 years ago
Location: God's own county - Yorkshire

Re: Collaboration with Mao Asada

Post by Yorkie » 1 year ago

Exciting news - wonder who the 8 lucky boys will be?
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.


Mercy & Love

User avatar
alcesalcesobservator
Silver Member
Posts: 391
Joined: 5 years ago

Re: Collaboration with Mao Asada

Post by alcesalcesobservator » 1 year ago

Yorkie wrote:Exciting news - wonder who the 8 lucky boys will be?
I'm betting on Taichi being one of the eight.

User avatar
Yorkie
Diamond Member
Posts: 4107
Joined: 8 years ago
Location: God's own county - Yorkshire

Re: Collaboration with Mao Asada

Post by Yorkie » 1 year ago

alcesalcesobservator wrote:
Yorkie wrote:Exciting news - wonder who the 8 lucky boys will be?
I'm betting on Taichi being one of the eight.
I wouldn't bet against you :D
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.


Mercy & Love

User avatar
Surpinto
Gold Member
Posts: 701
Joined: 3 years ago
Location: US
Contact:

Re: Collaboration with Mao Asada

Post by Surpinto » 1 year ago

Incredible! Thank you for sharing this information. Very exciting to see this publicity and support for them!

User avatar
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member
Posts: 2066
Joined: 10 years ago
Location: Riddler's Creek

Re: Collaboration with Mao Asada

Post by JimmyRiddle » 1 year ago

fan_de_LoK wrote:(I thought that this channel was carried in France but what I have is "NHK World", while the right channel is "NHK World Premium" and the programs are not the same. )
Yes same here, my guide only details the same programs you can watch for free on the NHK World online channel...as you mention the Premium channel is different. It is carried by NHK Cosmomedia (Europe): JSTV and costs £30/50Euro for monthly subscription and requires a viewing card/decoder to arrive in the post.... even then I'm not completely sure it is a like for like live simulcast of NHK World Premium in Japan.

Great news that Libera have been invited to perform at this event, thanks Yuki for sharing. Hopefully we'll all get to see their performance at some stage.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez

User avatar
fan_de_LoK
Platinum Member
Posts: 1927
Joined: 8 years ago
Location: Paris

Re: Collaboration with Mao Asada

Post by fan_de_LoK » 1 year ago

Yorkie wrote:Exciting news - wonder who the 8 lucky boys will be?
The answer is already on the Libera Records Facebook page :)

Image
Isaac, Sam, Lucas, Alex G, Gabriel, Camden
Taichi, Ciaran


Arrived in Tokyo, they then went far North on the Honshu island with the bullet train and arrived at Morioka station.

According to Libera Records and thanks to Yuki's translation, they got permission to miss school to attend an event for East Japan earthquake reconstruction support.

User avatar
Surpinto
Gold Member
Posts: 701
Joined: 3 years ago
Location: US
Contact:

Re: Collaboration with Mao Asada

Post by Surpinto » 1 year ago

fan_de_LoK wrote:
Arrived in Tokyo, they then went far North on the Honshu island with the bullet train and arrived at Morioka station.

According to Libera Records and thanks to Yuki's translation, they got permission to miss school to attend an event for East Japan earthquake reconstruction support.
Very exciting! Thank you for sharing this photo. It is very good that they are able to be part of these special events.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest