Japan Christmas Tour 2015

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

henrylonghorn

Japan Christmas Tour 2015

Post by henrylonghorn »

Libera Records announced two Christmas concerts on its Facebook page.

They will take place on Monday, December 21 at Osaka International Conference Center (Grand Cube Osaka) and on Wednesday, December 23 at Tokyo Opera City Concert Hall. More detail is promised to come in early October.

I suspect Libera is pleased with the way it turned out last month. :D
Hark, we hear a distant music and it comes with fuller swell
’tis the glorious song of heaven and our fears it will dispel.

Concerts attended: 8 | Last concert: NYC (2023)

https://twitter.com/HenryLiberaBlog
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOluil ... dUezvPVhDA
alcesalcesobservator
Silver Member

Re: Japan Christmas Tour 2015

Post by alcesalcesobservator »

The dates leave a day for sightseeing, and with the last concert being on the 23rd, leaving a day for travel home. The boy's families are very generous to let them go away for nearly a week right before Christmas. I suppose being allowed to go on a tour--especially to Japan-- counts as a Christmas present.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Wow! What an announcement. That's a big deal for them. I just went on twitter and it's lighting up with this news. Everything I have read about this event just now is courtesy of Yuki from Twitter who is kind enough to summarize things in English. Thank you Yuki. :D

This website announced that there will be a release of the single "Angel" first as a limited release in the USJ theme park and then as a general release in November with details forthcoming. I am using the google translator so if I am missing or misreading something on that page I apologize and request that anyone knowing Japanese please correct me.

As Dani mentioned in the thread about the US concert, I think that it is fair to presume that the Pittsburgh show on Dec 20th is cancelled. I think that this is what is best for Libera. They have much more receptive and larger audiences in Japan and other countries in east Asia than they ever will in the English speaking world; sad as it is to admit. They have business relationships with music industry companies there like Wisteria Project Inc (a.k.a. Libera Records) that can promote Libera as a profitable business venture. This is essential for Libera to maintain its viability going forward.

So even though this is concert number 3 that has been cancelled on me when I was holding tickets in hand in the last year and a half, I can't fault them for taking this opportunity. Libera of the US has done so much work to try and bring them to the United States, but the venues were never fully filled. And we know from fundraising that the costs of bringing them to the US were never recouped from ticket sales alone. This is no ones fault. So I hope that this is a great opportunity for Libera to advance their publicity and name recognition both in Japan and around the world.

For those that go to Japan for one or both of these concerts we expect a full report! :D
Last edited by Surpinto on Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

it's indeed exciting ! :D

Based on Google images, Christmas time in Tokyo looks to be wonderful !

One issue for foreigners is the extremely huge demand for tickets, especially in Tokyo.
Last time they went to Tokyo (April 2012), the tickets for the two concerts at the Bunkamura theater were sold through a lottery system.

A quick search shows lowest fares for a return Paris-Tokyo are roughly €500 (with bad connections though).
it's teally tempting but it's a bit risky to book already a non refundable plane prior to know if a ticket will expect you at arrival :lol:
YukiBOL

Post by YukiBOL »

Surpinto wrote:Wow! What an announcement. That's a big deal for them. I just went on twitter and it's lighting up with this news. Everything I have read about this event just now is courtesy of Yuki from Twitter who is kind enough to summarize things in English. Thank you Yuki. :D

This website announced that there will be a release of the single "Angel" first as a limited release in the USJ theme park and then as a general release in November with details forthcoming. I am using the google translator so if I am missing or misreading something on that page I apologize and request that anyone knowing Japanese please correct me.
You're welcome :) And surprisingly Google translator did work! lol
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

An update at the Libera website regarding this tour.

They will perform twice on the same day in Tokyo at 3:00 pm and 7:00 pm :shock: :shock:

Does this sort of aggressive performance schedule have any precedent? This seems like it would utterly exhaust the choristers unless these concerts are shorter than the usual 2 hour affairs.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

With only a few days in Japan I guess it needs to be viable for them to go all that way and that means squeezing in concerts and then the time difference means they can be home for Christmas Eve to be with there family's .

And in Japan I am sure they have had had matinee performances before in the afternoon and it's just a shorter set list so more like a hour long concert . Like Universal Studios was not a full concert this summer either :mrgreen:
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

And an additional performance announced at the USJ theme park on Dec 20 as per Yuki on Twitter.
Liberanna

Post by Liberanna »

This is Angel, with Isaac's solo? Beautiful...
Naomaruta

Post by Naomaruta »

Like Universal Studios was not a full concert this summer either.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Well thanks to FDL who reported their performance at Universal Studios earlier today.

They sang:

Joy to the World
Carol of the Bells
Sanctus
Song of Life (Ciaran solo)
Angel (Isaac solo)

I counted 22 boys and speeches made by Alessandro & Ciaran with translation by Taichi
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Also posted is a video of the concert as uploaded to periscope! :shock: Apparently filming was permitted and FDL did just that. Thank you FDL for sharing this, what would we do without you, man? :D

https://www.periscope.tv/w/1lPKqQgomDmKb
alcesalcesobservator
Silver Member

That's amazing! Thanks so much!
alcesalcesobservator
Silver Member

I'm not up to date on voices, and the video is a bit graney.
Who did the solo "ahh"'s on Carol of the Bells, and the ending solo?
Who sang the last "sanctus"?
Ciaran did well on "Song of Life", though he seemed like he had a tickle in his throat for the last two lines.
Isaac's voice has got a whole lot richer on the low notes.

Thanks again, Patrick!
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

alcesalcesobservator wrote:I'm not up to date on voices, and the video is a bit graney.
Who did the solo "ahh"'s on Carol of the Bells, and the ending solo?
Who sang the last "sanctus"?
Ciaran did well on "Song of Life", though he seemed like he had a tickle in his throat for the last two lines.
Isaac's voice has got a whole lot richer on the low notes.

Thanks again, Patrick!
I would imagine that it was the same singers as in St George.

Sanctus - Merlin
Carol of the Bells - Gabe at the beginning and Alex G at the end

Someone please correct me if I am mistaken on this.