Libera Special Concert Universal Studios (Japan) 5th Aug 15

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

dani
Diamond Member

Re: Libera Special Concert Universal Studios (Japan) 5th Aug

Post by dani » 2 years ago

Thankyou ! I was just curious as they seem to have been going to America a lot recently. So do you think it is likely that the younger boys like Adam, Tim, Ben and Rocco wont be going on this tour to Japan then ?

I honestly have no idea , but there was 29 on stage this week so that seems like a lot to take to Japan for 1 concert .

fan_de_LoK
Platinum Member

Post by fan_de_LoK » 2 years ago

The doubts about the lineup in Japan is cleared, Libera tweeted a photo of their arrival in Osaka this morning.
They are 20 for this concert.

From left to right:
Camden, Ciaran, Tom, Gabriel, Alex M, Lucas, Alessandro, Sam, Marc A, Alex G, Cassius, Taichi, Kavana, Oliver (?), Matthew J, Tim, Isaac, Merlin, Michael and Shay.

The 9 that miss from the two UK concerts are Leo (?), Benedict, Tadhg, Adam, Matthew M, James M, Rocco, Marc U-R and Joseph.

All are the younger so it was guessable, appart for Mattew M which is more a surprise. This may create streams of tears among some fans :)

(I'm not 100% sure about Oliver/Leo standing before Kavana. Was it cleared during the UK concert ?)

JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle » 2 years ago

Good to know they arrived safely, 20 strong still a decent showing, Mathew M must have other commitments.

Worth keeping a new Japanese portal created for this tour; Libera Records; Facebookand website

They have also posted two pictures on their arrival; one at the airport very similar but from a slightly different angle.. and then transferring to their hotel;

My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez

maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas » 2 years ago

Good luck to all the boys, enjoy the experience!
And to Patrick and all other fans who go: have fun and bring back the goods :)
laudate Domino in laetitia

dani
Diamond Member

Considering what a long flight it is , they are look really happy and relaxed and refreshed even . I have to say after about 16 hour day i would be on the floor sobbing by this stage :lol:

Sanctus

Post by Sanctus » 2 years ago

Yes I think they must have taken a few boys from every "generation", as it were. These boys are the most confident and composed on stage but I would not say it was judged on ability as I believe everyone in libera is at the same standard even if they play supporting roles to songs or sing harmony parts. I see that leo/oliver is there representing the newest newbies, Taichi for the "older newbies" (I think the fact that he is Japanese also played a part :lol: ), boys like Tim, Merlin and Shay for the kind of more recent choristers and then the "middle aged", longer standing boys such as Isaac, Tom, Lucas. Finally a few older boys for the back row who return to japan like Kav. This was just a thought ?

JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle » 2 years ago

More updates on the Libera records facebook page;

I'm not great on the translation but I think it referred to Tiachi helping to order the food from the menu by translating it into English for the rest of the boys/crew?
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez

dani
Diamond Member

Is that pint of beer on the table ?

Also I am sure if you like that kind of food it's nice but as a English person I would have to pass it still looks raw :lol: :)

dani
Diamond Member

Some more info from the facebook group
After they arrived at hotel, they had lunch and swimming to refresh! They experienced a local train in Osaka as well. Kavana & Cassius were still small 3 years ago, but now they've much grown and look after younger boys!
New boy is Oliver so one mystery solved :)

ETA - thanks to Yuki on Twitter
Last edited by dani on Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie » 2 years ago

dani wrote:Is that pint of beer on the table ?

Also I am sure if you like that kind of food it's nice but as a English person I would have to pass it still looks raw :lol: :)
Taichi is a man after my own heart. Nothing helps raw food go down like a pint of lager :lol:

P.s. new boy is Oliver :D
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love

Surpinto
Gold Member

Post by Surpinto » 2 years ago

Cool! Who exactly runs this libera-records website and organization? Is this an official affiliate for Japan or something else? Looks like they are helping them to organize their off time in Japan well :D.
Yorkie wrote:
dani wrote:Is that pint of beer on the table ?

Taichi is a man after my own heart. Nothing helps raw food go down like a pint of lager :lol:
Hear hear!

alcesalcesobservator
Silver Member

Post by alcesalcesobservator » 2 years ago

JimmyRiddle wrote:Good to know they arrived safely, 20 strong still a decent showing, Mathew M must have other commitments.

Worth keeping a new Japanese portal created for this tour; Libera Records; Facebookand website

They have also posted two pictures on their arrival; one at the airport very similar but from a slightly different angle.. and then transferring to their hotel;

Who's the woman on the left?

hiskeys
Silver Member

Post by hiskeys » 2 years ago

I noticed her too. And the man about 4 rows back. Although he might be Japanese and part of the promotion team. Or perhaps a Libera fan and sponsor who was accompanying them to the hotel or sightseeing, etc.

The woman might be the same one in this picture, but I'm not sure -

https://www.facebook.com/liberarecords/ ... =1&theater

Surpinto
Gold Member

Post by Surpinto » 2 years ago

I do not know who the woman is but the man is Richard Chen. He is involved in the tour management.

dani
Diamond Member

So the concert is tomorrow , well today in Japan as they are 8 hours ahead of the UK :)

After the first day it has all gone a bit quiet , I am surprised that they have not been on TV or anything .

So I wonder what the announcement will be at the concert and will there be Xmas songs as it's been advertised as Christmas in Summer at US ?!