Exeter, UK Monday 27th July & Christchurch 28th July 2015

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

Yorkie
Diamond Member

Exeter, UK Monday 27th July & Christchurch 28th July 2015

Post by Yorkie »

Now that the US is off this summer a concert (the first of several?) has been announced at Exeter Cathedral with tickets on sale now.

Get them HERE

#Edited to include second concert in title
Last edited by Yorkie on Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
dani
Diamond Member

Re: Exeter, UK Monday 27th July 2015

Post by dani »

Exciting news :)
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
labbie

Post by labbie »

That's wonderful news for the people in the U.K. and Europe (I do imagine some folks will come over from the mainland). I have read people's comments elsewhere expressing a wish for Libera to do more concerts at home. It makes perfect sense to continue to build a base of supporters in the U.K. as well as abroad. I hope that everyone who decides to attend these concerts has an enjoyable time. Maybe in the hopefully not too distant future, Libera will come back to Canada for a few concerts. I was lucky to have been able to go to the Boston concert, but I'm certain more supporters here in Canada who cannot travel to shows anywhere else wouldn't mind a return visit from the boys.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

labbie wrote:That's wonderful news for the people in the U.K. and Europe (I do imagine some folks will come over from the mainland). I
What mainland? You mean that island of the shores of the UK? :wink:

Mercy & Love
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Re: Exeter, UK Monday 27th July & Christchurch 28th July 201

Post by Yorkie »

By the way, tickets for the Christchurch concert will not be on sale until Monday 6th July

Mercy & Love
tom413
Gold Member

Post by tom413 »

Looks like I'll be going to England this month. :D
Glad that the kids are going to get a chance to perform somewhere this summer.
theforestdweller
Silver Member

Post by theforestdweller »

I was very surprised, and very pleased, to be able to get two tickets for the Exeter concert in the second row nearly 24 hours after Yorkie first posted. Slow start to sales, but in my favour!

Edited to add - I've just realised the concert is on a weekday, so OK for me as I'm retired, but may impact on those who have to consider their work commitments.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe" - Einstein
john45
Gold Member

Post by john45 »

Did anyone get a front row seat for Christchurch?
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

john45 wrote:Did anyone get a front row seat for Christchurch?
There were the odd seats left at the end of the front row when I managed to log on this morning John. I rang at 09.00 dead to be told that there were no tickets for sale and that the guy I was speaking to wasn't aware of any Libera concert at all. He had no idea when they would be selling tickets but said they would be available on-line at the same time they were available to book by phone.

As I was in work I decided to just keep checking the website. I left the page up on my web browser with Libera typed in to the search bar - nothing all the way to 10:00am. At 10:08 I tried again and bingo they were up but the first three rows either side of the aisle were pretty much sold out (over 30 tickets) barring the odd seat at the end of a row (one was the first row) and here and there in the middle of a row.

Either they had been available to book by phone well before they appeared on line, or a coach tour was quick off the mark, or 'somebody' had first shot at the tickets before the rest went on general sale :(

Mercy & Love
Choirfan
Silver Member

Post by Choirfan »

Hello people.

I have booked my tickets for Exeter and Christchurch. I could only get fifth row for the latter but i guess its better than nothing.

I am not even sure i will go. The logistics of getting there are a little awkward. Flights to Bristol from Ireland are very expensive. So it would probably have to be London Gatwick or something. There a national express bus from there that takes 5 and half hours to get to Exeter. No national express from Exeter to CC but there may be other local options.

I looked at renting a car and a small car seems to cost around 20 pounds per day (this seems quite cheap to me, but maybe there are some hidden extras like insurance to add to the price). Anyone got any suggestions? I really want to go. Would anyone from London or flying into Gatwick (most likely) on the 26th be willing to car pool and share the costs?? Any advice greatly appreciated. If the costs mount up too much I'll just write off the cost of the tickets and forget about the whole thing.
"You are not alone"
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Choirfan wrote:Hello people.

I have booked my tickets for Exeter and Christchurch. I could only get fifth row for the latter but i guess its better than nothing.

I am not even sure i will go. The logistics of getting there are a little awkward. Flights to Bristol from Ireland are very expensive. So it would probably have to be London Gatwick or something. There a national express bus from there that takes 5 and half hours to get to Exeter. No national express from Exeter to CC but there may be other local options.

I looked at renting a car and a small car seems to cost around 20 pounds per day (this seems quite cheap to me, but maybe there are some hidden extras like insurance to add to the price). Anyone got any suggestions? I really want to go. Would anyone from London or flying into Gatwick (most likely) on the 26th be willing to car pool and share the costs?? Any advice greatly appreciated. If the costs mount up too much I'll just write off the cost of the tickets and forget about the whole thing.
DM sent

Mercy & Love
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

This photo shows a concert at the Exeter Cathedral with a view from over the stage.

It looks good already, isn't it ? :)

But based on the seats chart of the concert and the position of the pillars, the 1st row will probably be closer to the stage by at least 4 rows :D

Choirfan
Silver Member

Post by Choirfan »

Even though I bought tickets, sadly I cannot attend these concerts. So, if anyone would like my seat for the Exeter show, you are welcome to it free of charge. If i recall correctly, the seat is in C-09.

I can email the ticket on to anybody that wants it. Just drop me a message. For those that are going, enjoy the shows! Hopefully there'll be a concert in November to attend.
"You are not alone"
tom413
Gold Member

Post by tom413 »

Bummer that you can't go, Cf. You were one of the people I was hoping to renew acquaintances with whilst in the UK.