South Korea Tour 2015

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

Surpinto
Platinum Member

South Korea Tour 2015

Post by Surpinto »

Libera has now officially announced two concerts in South Korea. The first is in Kyung Hee University Grand Peace Palace, Seoul; and the second in Gyeonggi Arts Center, Suwon. The concerts are Saturday, July 25 and Sunday July 26 respectively.

Is anyone here planning on attending? I want to read all about it! :D
john45
Gold Member

Re: South Korea Tour 2015

Post by john45 »

Surpinto wrote:Libera has now officially announced two concerts in South Korea. The first is in Kyung Hee University Grand Peace Palace, Seoul; and the second in Gyeonggi Arts Center, Suwon. The concerts are Saturday, July 25 and Sunday July 26 respectively.

Is anyone here planning on attending? I want to read all about it! :D
I'll be there.
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

I'll be too :)
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Wonderful! I hope you guys enjoy the trip and certainly the concert. Very excited for you indeed :)
alcesalcesobservator
Silver Member

Post by alcesalcesobservator »

How long has it been since they were in South Korea?
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Last concerts in South Korea were in April 2013, not so long ago ;)

Here a photo from 2013.
Among the 26 boys on that tour two years ago, they were only 11 on stage at the recent concert in Guildford.
The touring group has been renewed by more than the half in only 2 years.

JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Probably not a complete surprise to those who have been following world news but Seoul Arts Management have posted a notice on their facebook account that the July concerts in South Korea have been postponed until next Spring because of the MERS outbreak...https://www.facebook.com/sam1986s?fref=nf&pnref=story

Full refunds will be provided by calling the number at the bottom of the article.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

So no summer tour this year ?
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Libera.org posted a message too:
Korea Tour Postponed
We are sorry to have to announce that our two shows in Korea have been postponed due to increasing concern over the outbreak of MERS in that region.

It was a tough decision to have to make, but the safety of the boys and the fans are our primary concern.

We are looking at possibly returning to Korea for a tour in the spring of 2016. We hope to see all of our friends and fans in Korea next year!
:(
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

It was predictable for anyone that read the news... :| It's a sad but wise decision.
Thankfully it's not a cancel, just a postponing.

There's now three destinations that say they will host Libera at the start of 2016 :

- The Philippines, read here. It was posted one month ago and says "Libera is mounting a concert in the Philippines early next year" (2016).
- The USA, read here, a concert in Van Wert, Ohio for April 3 2016.
- South Korea, read here on the official site, concerts postponed to Spring 2016.

Would the group to travel 3 countries during the two weeks Spring tour ?
They did it in Spring 2010 I think, isn't it ?

Or perhaps the "early next year" for the Philippines refers to the vacations week in mid February, and not the Spring tour ?
It would have sense...
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

fan_de_LoK wrote:Would the group to travel 3 countries during the two weeks Spring tour ?
They did it in Spring 2010 I think, isn't it ?
Yes they have covered 3 countries inside 10 days twice in their touring schedule.

Summer 2009 - Dublin (IRE)-Belfast(NIRE)-Edinburgh(SCO)
Spring 2010 - Tokyo (JPN)-Seoul(ROK)-Manila (PHL)

...but they have all been on the same continent. As we know they crossed the international dateline in Spring 2009 (Japan to US) but that was only 2 countries not 3. So I agree either US or Philippines may need to be reschedule, if South Korea is given the all clear next spring.
dani wrote:So no summer tour this year ?
Probably not 'officially' but they might go back to basics and have one of their summer camps in the UK somewhere with local performances. I'd find it hard to believe 6 long weeks of the summer could go by without any 'libera' activity. Maybe it will be the third summer in a row to produce a solitary standout concert recorded specially for DVD....then again probably not.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
john45
Gold Member

Post by john45 »

Yes, a great disappointment, not only for the Koreans but also for Libera. I have no doubt that they, especially the newbies, were looking forward to a reception similar to that received in 2013 which was truly phenomenal. On that occasion, if you remember, there was a threat of invasion from the North - not taken too seriously. This time the threat to health, though small, is real and the decision to cancel/postpone is probably wise and in the best interest of the boys. Who knows, perhaps other doors will open and there may be opportunities for a summer concert closer to home.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

fan_de_LoK wrote:Or perhaps the "early next year" for the Philippines refers to the vacations week in mid February, and not the Spring tour ?
It would have sense...
It would have a lot of sense....

http://entertainment.tempo.com.ph/2015/ ... al-please/
...Chairman De Ocampo is also producing a new album of the boy choir Libera, who are performing in Manila in February next year
I take it the 'producing new album' is the referring to the 'Libera in America' CD/DVD which hasn't yet been released in the Philippines?

Disclaimer: Nothing is 'official' until announced by 'Libera Official'
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Wow, nice find Jimmy !! :D
Sure, it's not an official announce, but well, it's a very strong hint :)

With the cancellation of the Van Wert concert in the USA I thought we were heading for a Korean + Philippines tour in April but it seems that they will fly more than once to Asia in 2016 first quarter :)

So now we know the possible date window for the Philippines, it's at max Feb 13 to 21 based on the school vacations schedules.
Perhaps there's info on sites of the usual venues in Manila and Cebu ? :wink:
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Nice find Jimmy. Very interesting. :D
JimmyRiddle wrote:I take it the 'producing new album' is the referring to the 'Libera in America' CD/DVD which hasn't yet been released in the Philippines?
Does it? I thought only Warner had the rights to that album. I admit almost complete ignorance on the details of music production so I may be missing something obvious. It's shocking that it wasn't released in the Philippines yet. What the heck is up with that? :shock: