Late 2015 & Early 2016 US Tour

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

maartendas
Diamond Member

Re: Late 2015 & Early 2016 US Tour

Post by maartendas »

:( That's a disappointment, also for the boys... Although it might turn out good for them, not having to spend Christmas away from home. And they have summer ahead of them to enjoy now first anyway.
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Good news!

According to a new blog post by JR the Pittsburgh concert has been reinstated! Just as well as I never removed it from the original post in this thread.

I still have my tickets, so here's hoping they are still good to go :D After several concerts I had tickets for getting cancelled and being unable to see them on 2 separate tours, they had better still have this concert....or else :twisted: :wink:

Joking aside, Cerritos, CA is still on and tickets go on sale at noon this Friday (July 17). I assume that is 12:00 PST (Pacific Standard Time) :)

What is curious about these US concerts is whether the Tuscon and Phoenix concerts are still on. I get the impression, based on the events page at Libera.org, that they are now only doing Cerritos in October and only Pittsburgh in December. It does not seem logical to bring them over to the US, at great expense, just for one concert each. If they were doing something where there was a sponsorship of some sort for a special event, like what they are doing in Japan, that would make sense; but they are just doing regular concerts.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Agree it does seem a long way to travel on two separate occasions to perform a single concert. Maybe they will do other stuff while they're over there. Looks like St George's is off for this year, but I'm sure the boys will be happy to return back to the US. Let's hope the weather stays kind.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

I think the UK will see get a November/December unless they have stated otherwise as its always sold out and a good way for all the parents to see the boys perform .
tom413
Gold Member

Post by tom413 »

I'm inclined to agree with you Dani. Unless they take a major financial betaing at the end of July, it would still be possible to fit in a late November
concert in London as was the case in the past. It could be a nice preview of what the December USA concert would sound like.
Last edited by tom413 on Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
tom413
Gold Member

Post by tom413 »

Surpinto wrote: What is curious about these US concerts is whether the Tuscon and Phoenix concerts are still on. I get the impression, based on the events page at Libera.org, that they are now only doing Cerritos in October and only Pittsburgh in December. It does not seem logical to bring them over to the US, at great expense, just for one concert each.
Considering the Fox Theatre is still selling tickets for their concert, I don't think that one is quite dead yet. Phoenix never existed in any tangible way (no date, venue, no tickets put on sale) so I'm not confident that will happen at all. Like you I believe that another show(s) will occur around Pittsburgh and Cerritos; it would be an incredibly poor use of the expense of airline tickets to have but one revenue producing event per trip. An organization that is asking for financial support from the public has to be more careful than that how their money is spent. If sponsorship occurred, all bets would be off though. It will be interesting to watch how this all develops.
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

tom413 wrote:I'm inclined to agree with you Dani.
I too agree with Dani and you Tom, I'm 100% confident about a concert being held in London area at mid or late November.
It will probably be at St George Cathedral and on a Friday, as usual, they do this since 2010.

Last year 2014 was just an exception for some reason and it had been replaced by the concert at ST John in Upper Norwood.
It shows that the group has a strong willing to offer a concert local to London at the end of the year.

If the concert is in St George, I hope they can apply a seat numbering.
I know that St George has pews and not chairs and a numbering may be difficult, but it brings such a great comfort for attendees that is would be a shame to not do it. At least for the premium section. It would be part of being premium that to have reserved seats :)
This would avoid a long painful queue throughout the day and mainly it would avoid the atrocious scenes of crowding, jostling and queue jumping that occured at the gates opening in 2012 and 2013. Those that were there know what I'm referring to.
If for this Libera staff need volunteers to paste and remove labels on each pew position, they can count on me and surely on many others among the fellow fans :)

(edit : mistyped correction)
Last edited by fan_de_LoK on Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
theforestdweller
Silver Member

Post by theforestdweller »

Absolutley agree regarding seat numbering, no matter whether seats or pews. Makes the whole experience more enjoyable - I'm getting too old to stand for hours in a queue to try and get a good seat.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe" - Einstein
mbbrose

Post by mbbrose »

Has anyone gone about getting a refund for the Pittsburgh concert? Usually the ticket servicer automatically refunds if the concert has cancelled, but the ticket site doesn't show cancellation yet.
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

The cancellation has been cancelled.

Read this blog on libera.org :
https://libera.org/the-pittsburgh-conce ... the-ashes/
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Another update by JR of the US affiliate at Libera.org. This time he wants to have graphic "bricks" on the US concert programs for these fall tours. Anyone who has donated $50 or more will have a "brick" on the program. On this graphic brick you will have the option to place a personal message either about Libera or to dedicate the donation to a deceased relative, etc. He makes it very clear that this is a per donor venture i.e. you do not get a brick for every increment of $50 you donate. If you gave $100 or more it can be on both programs this fall in the US. Notice I am using the past tense as anyone who gave/gives the necessary sum between October 2014 and November 2015 will receive a brick. JR will be contacting those who already donated as to what they want on their bricks. So no new money is required for this benefit; unless someone chooses to donate or has not done so yet.

In addition to all of that, any new donations that come in JR will add $5 (I presume of his own money) to a special scholarship/grant account to support current and former choristers with academic fees and the like. Disbursement of funds to be determined by the Libera trustees.

Very ambitious :shock: .
alcesalcesobservator
Silver Member

Post by alcesalcesobservator »

Surpinto wrote:Another update by JR of the US affiliate at Libera.org. This time he wants to have graphic "bricks" on the US concert programs for these fall tours. Anyone who has donated $50 or more will have a "brick" on the program. On this graphic brick you will have the option to place a personal message either about Libera or to dedicate the donation to a deceased relative, etc. He makes it very clear that this is a per donor venture i.e. you do not get a brick for every increment of $50 you donate. If you gave $100 or more it can be on both programs this fall in the US. Notice I am using the past tense as anyone who gave/gives the necessary sum between October 2014 and November 2015 will receive a brick. JR will be contacting those who already donated as to what they want on their bricks. So no new money is required for this benefit; unless someone chooses to donate or has not done so yet.

In addition to all of that, any new donations that come in JR will add $5 (I presume of his own money) to a special scholarship/grant account to support current and former choristers with academic fees and the like. Disbursement of funds to be determined by the Libera trustees.

Very ambitious :shock: .
But feasible, I think. My one point of concern is how many "bricks" they can fit on the back of one program, esp. with a message. The message would have to be a one line message only, I think. Of course, you could just use really small font, and provide Libera mini-magnifying glasses for purchase at the souvenir table. :lol:
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

alcesalcesobservator wrote:But feasible, I think. My one point of concern is how many "bricks" they can fit on the back of one program, esp. with a message. The message would have to be a one line message only, I think. Of course, you could just use really small font, and provide Libera mini-magnifying glasses for purchase at the souvenir table. :lol:
LOL!!
mbbrose

Post by mbbrose »

SO HAPPY that the cancellation has been canceled for Pittsburgh!!!!!
mbbrose

Post by mbbrose »

Looks like this will be about the view from my seat in Pittsburgh. (Except this picture was taken through the railing...it's not that tall!) Since all of the front bottom seats were taken I opted for the first row of the balcony close to the stage. I'm short so I spend a lot of time looking at the backs of heads during concerts when I don't sit close enough. It looks like those who are in the very front will be really, really close!

This venue stage looks similar to the one in Morristown, NJ. I imagine the musicians will be situated in the back of the stage as they were at that concert. I'm excited to write up a good review from this concert.