Late 2015 & Early 2016 US Tour

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

alcesalcesobservator
Silver Member

Re: Late 2015 & Early 2016 US Tour

Post by alcesalcesobservator »

TullyBascombe wrote:
alcesalcesobservator wrote:Lets see, which Christmas song *haven't* they done?
"Grandma got runover by a reindeer"
:lol: :lol: :lol:
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

So the concerts near Christmas look to have been cancelled due to boys having two concerts in Japan on 21st December and 23rd I think .

Also the blog potion on the U.S. Website has now vanished as well .
alcesalcesobservator
Silver Member

dani wrote:So the concerts near Christmas look to have been cancelled due to boys having two concerts in Japan on 21st December and 23rd I think .

That means Pittsburg's off, then? It's still up on the U.S. site.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

alcesalcesobservator wrote:
dani wrote:So the concerts near Christmas look to have been cancelled due to boys having two concerts in Japan on 21st December and 23rd I think .

I think that's a fair assumption to make. Remember how Pittsburgh was "Rising from the ashes" after first being cancelled? I get the impression that there was some question at the time as to whether or not they could perform that concert. Now we know what happened. I am sure it will soon be officially communicated and set straight but I think it is more than reasonable to assume that Pittsburgh is off.
alcesalcesobservator
Silver Member

Surpinto wrote:

I think that's a fair assumption to make. Remember how Pittsburgh was "Rising from the ashes" after first being cancelled? I get the impression that there was some question at the time as to whether or not they could perform that concert. Now we know what happened. I am sure it will soon be officially communicated and set straight but I think it is more than reasonable to assume that Pittsburgh is off.
Thats a bummer for all those poor unfortunate souls who were looking forward to Pittsburg. It's beginning to look like catching a concert In the U.S is more a matter of chance than a matter of planning, since so many concerts have been cancled or resurrected. Or it could be that we only notice it because we are given more behind-the-scenes looks at the planning process, and getting notified about concerts earlier, before the dates are really settled.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Surpinto wrote:
Thats a bummer for all those poor unfortunate souls who were looking forward to Pittsburg. It's beginning to look like catching a concert In the U.S is more a matter of chance than a matter of planning, since so many concerts have been cancled or resurrected. Or it could be that we only notice it because we are given more behind-the-scenes looks at the planning process, and getting notified about concerts earlier, before the dates are really settled.
Yeah, tell me about it. I'm one of those souls who was looking forward to that concert :roll: lol but what can you do? I think you hit the nail on the head that we have been privy to the behind-the-scenes planning process over at libera.org. Even before that website and the US affiliate existed there were plenty of venues selling Libera tickets long before an announcement from Libera ever came out. In fact, some announcements were mere weeks before the scheduled performances.

By the way, Libera.org has removed the Pittsburgh concert from their list. That coupled with removing the JR blogs gives me the impression that they are trying to streamline information about the concerts across websites to avoid the confusion some of the US announcements have caused; definitely a good thing. At the same time I always remind myself that everyone updating those websites probably has other full time jobs, families, etc. Even RP himself is probably too busy being the music director at their Church and doing the music end of things to devote more than a few hours a week to things like websites and announcements. And well he should, those choristers deserve the best musical education he and his team can provide them.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

I think we should only know about concerts when they are set in stone . The canceling of concerts and then saying they are back on to then canceling them yet again can only damage the brand in the U.S.A . Unless you are hard core fans you would just get sick of all the mucking around going on with the concerts in the u.s and not bother the next time they did decide to hold a concert .

It's nice to know in advance but it's just become a mess now and I think Libera need a stricter control on what's released about concerts abroad .
alcesalcesobservator
Silver Member

I agree with Dani. Sometimes more information isn't a good thing. Of course, the ideal situation would be to have dates set in stone long before the concert, the way more prominant artists do. Although, I do like the spontanuity. It means that any month they could announce a tour or concert near me. Hope springs eternal. :roll:
labbie

Post by labbie »

I also agree with Dani's observations. It is better to have future concert announcements, regardless of the country in which they are to be held, consolidated on the main Libera website in the UK. I personally rely on this site for accurate information, since it comes straight from the Libera organization and those responsible for the administration of Libera's activities have input into what information is made public. Yes, sometimes it does take a while to put concert information on the UK website, but I am sure that this is done in a way to ensure that the public can get the most accurate information that Libera can provide, although sometimes cancellations occur because of circumstances beyond Libera's control. By consolidating the concert information on the UK site, Libera is endeavouring to prevent needless cancellations/changes that would inconvenience those who need to make appropriate arrangements. They are probably aware that people who travel by air often choose the lowest fares which, unfortunately, are non-refundable in most cases. I think that the organization has moved wisely in both their own interests, and those of their supporters worldwide.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

The Pittsburgh cancellation is confirmed. The venue has emailed me my ticket refund.
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Do they give the reason of the cancel in the email ?
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

fan_de_LoK wrote:Do they give the reason of the cancel in the email ?
None. Just an automated notice of cancellation. The notice came from Ticketfly.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Cerritos cancellation announced.

This is from the US affiliate at Libera.org
Cerritos Tour Cancelled
With much regret, we must announce that Libera’s October concert in Cerritos, California has been cancelled. We fully understand the inconvenience, and disappointment, caused by this decision.

Although we were committed to performances for our supporters in the United States this fall and winter, circumstances beyond our control have made it impossible at this time.

On a positive note, we are very excited to announce that Libera will be releasing a new song for this Christmas season. And we are currently working on a new music video as well. We’re very excited to share these new projects with you, and we sincerely thank you for your continued support.

To inquire about refunds, for those who have already purchased tickets, please visit the venue’s website at: http://www.cerritoscenter.com/.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Surpinto wrote:Cerritos cancellation announced.

I notice all JR's blog posts have been wiped too. Does anybody know if he is still affiliated with the US group or has he left?
It's yet another disappointment for US fans, I hope it doesn't affect their standing with the US public. So many cancellations in such a short period doesn't look good, although I'm not sure if any of the cancelled concerts were ever posted on the official site.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
alcesalcesobservator
Silver Member

Yorkie wrote:
Surpinto wrote:Cerritos cancellation announced.

So many cancellations in such a short period doesn't look good, although I'm not sure if any of the cancelled concerts were ever posted on the official site.
No kidding it doesnt look good. It's what comes of posting information too early, I suppose.